Adding Animation to Character movment?

Animation tools, character animation, non linear animation

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Klokeule

Adding Animation to Character movment?

Post by Klokeule » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:56 pm

Ok so i have created a running action for my character and i have created all the movment controls, so i am wondering how i can use the running animation when i press the key to make him move forward. If anyone can help me with this i would appriciate it

simtron

Post by simtron » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:07 am

What you are asking refers to game engine.If you want your character actions to be controlled by keyboard, you need to invoke game engine.Before that you need to specify what action to be done when a certain key is pressed.This can be done in logic editor.

In logic editor add a sensor for key board, an AND controller, and a shape action actuator.
Specify the action strip that is to be played when a key is pressed.Do same for all actions with respective keys.

If you want your character animation to be used in animation instead of game engine, well there is an option in Game menu (If you change your working environment from Render to Game, the render menu in the top will change to Game menu) "record animation". This will record all the actions of your game character into key frames for use in animation.You have to enable it before you start the game engine.