Animate selected vertices and add new objects

Animation tools, character animation, non linear animation

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

red.nose13

Animate selected vertices and add new objects

Post by red.nose13 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:27 pm

This question is rather elementary, but I don't know how to solve it or even how to search for answers. I already worked through tutorials about moving, rotating and scaling a whole objects in an animation. Also shape keys and armatures (bones) work fine.

What doesn't work is two things:
1. When I save an object of a certain shape at keyframe 1 , advance to an other keyframe, switch to edit mode, change some vertices, return to object mode, and save the next key frame . Then unfortunately, the object at the first key frame is changed as well.

2. When I save an object of a certain shape at keyframe 1 , advance to an other keyframe, and add an other mesh object. Then unfortunately the first keyframe is removed. The same is true when I move the to-be-added object from an other layer into the scene.

Yes, I know there would exist work arounds with all the techniques I already mentioned. For instance, vertex movement can be simulated by shape keys, and and a new object can be placed outside the camera view and then moved into the scene, still I don't know how to animate separation of one mesh into two meshes, which would be important when I want to demonstrate biochemical processes in which a protein cleavage occurs, for instance.