Why am I being singled out and locked out?

Animation tools, character animation, non linear animation

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

bill2reg

Why am I being singled out and locked out?

Post by bill2reg » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:27 pm

I posted a question here about moving bones in pose mode, twice. First time it was moved to an obscure area of things that really should be posted in Blenderartist. The second posting has been locked after it got one response stating that questions about using Blender go to the Blenderartist area, and that this area is for development. However, I have read literally dozens of posts here in the 'Animation' section and by far the majority are questions about using Blender..........how do I do this or how can I make this work, etc. I am completely confused by this. I have no intention of creating any problem here, but I'm being told one thing (by whomever) and yet seeing something totally contradictory. Who has authority to lock my post, move it, etc.? If you could, please tell me where I can read these detailed rules of the forum(s) so that I won't mis-post again. Thanks.

Tehrasha

Re: Why am I being singled out and locked out?

Post by Tehrasha » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:26 pm

bill2reg wrote:I posted a question here about moving bones in pose mode, twice. First time it was moved to an obscure area of things that really should be posted in Blenderartist. The second posting has been locked after it got one response stating that questions about using Blender go to the Blenderartist area, and that this area is for development. However, I have read literally dozens of posts here in the 'Animation' section and by far the majority are questions about using Blender..........how do I do this or how can I make this work, etc. I am completely confused by this. I have no intention of creating any problem here, but I'm being told one thing (by whomever) and yet seeing something totally contradictory. Who has authority to lock my post, move it, etc.? If you could, please tell me where I can read these detailed rules of the forum(s) so that I won't mis-post again. Thanks.
The situation has been a long time coming.

In the past many questions, here on the development forum, received a 'this would be better answered on BlenderArtists' answer, but many others were simply answered by other users and moderators alike. I myself am guilty of answering such questions here, and thus encouraging similar...

As a result, the dev forums have been steadily drowned in questions involving the -use- of Blender, especially simple questions that a little googling would solve.

To help increase the signal/noise ration of the forum, some moderators have started using a slightly less subtle way of indicating that the question being asked would be better answered elsewhere.

There is no written rule other than the forum itself being divided into 'User' and 'Developer' areas. There is no list of moderators who enforce such a policy, though my guess is that, lead by example, more and more will be taking similar action in the future.

Your recent post was singled out for no other reason than it was posted at the time this change began to take place. Old posts will likely remain in their sub-forms as a searchable resource/reference, not as an example of the type of questions to be asked.

bill2reg

Post by bill2reg » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:50 pm

Thank you for explaining this and that it was a moderator who moved/locked my posts. There was no indication that it was a moderator so that clears that up. As for Googling answers, I can imagine that a lot of people simply find it easier to ask others rather than do their own research. As for me, I did find and read/view several tutorials, but I simply couldn't duplicate what the tutorials were showing. I'd follow the steps, but things that were on various panels, settings etc, just weren't available when I did the same things.

Anyway, I have now posted over at the artists area.
Thanks again for explaining.

jamesjay

Re: Why am I being singled out and locked out?

Post by jamesjay » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:23 am

I also locked in many topics, I don't know why i am locked but now i try again may be the topic will unlock according to your procedure, thanks in advance.\

Moderator:: No James, you are locked out because you are a spamming account from Pakistan. Thanks for playing. *banhammer*