Animate cubes falling into Minecraft World

Animation tools, character animation, non linear animation

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

mcfilmmakers

Animate cubes falling into Minecraft World

Post by mcfilmmakers » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:51 pm

Hello,

I'm wondering if it is possible to animate cubes that fall from the top of the screen down tot he bottom of the screen and form a Minecraft-like world.

Now, I know this is possible by doing it manually (and would take FOREVER) but is there a way to automatically do this?

In essence, my theory is to have the animation start with this assembled world ABOVE the camera (off camera) with each individual block falling downwards (starting with the bottom layer) and reassembling layer by layer BELOW the camera (ending witht he top layer), at which point the camera would travel through the world.

The effect to the viewer would be that blocks fall past the camera and build this world, one layer at a time.

Thing is, I have no idea where to start by animating such a thing. I can manipulate the camera and animate falling cubes, but how would I go about disassembling the imported Minecraft chunk and automating the process of making the cubes fall?

Thank you for your guidance!

mcfilmmakers

Post by mcfilmmakers » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:38 pm

In essence, I would like to do something similar to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgefUF_bPNA but instead of a logo, it is a 3d world that gets assembled.