Focus

Animation tools, character animation, non linear animation

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Blendinator

Focus

Post by Blendinator »

Hi all of you,
"How can i make focus in the image?" I'd like to ask. Couse you can't have a beautiful picture without some focus. I'v tried the Blender toturial "Depth of field". It works, but i think it's an unsmart way to do it! Please help me :)

Thank you

Mats78

Post by Mats78 »

I guess what you've tried is in fact the right way at the moment. There's no out-of-the-box DOF in Blender (in case you're not using yafray for rendering).
Couse you can't have a beautiful picture without some focus
That's one of those debatable questions again.

Mats

dogobe

Post by dogobe »

I beg to differ regarding out of the box solutions. They may be plugins but they do the job in the right place - post render process.

Elysiun is really the best place for this type of question. zblur or deep blur is what you want.
http://www.elysiun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=55567

DOF is possible with the new (unreleased) composit nodes. I am sure there will be lots of demand/tests.

joeri

Post by joeri »

Orange now has vector based mblur. Ton was discussing to use this method for dof. At least the (new) render layers will make front/back focus alot easier. Although I never had much trouble with the compound blur if photoshop, where I can set the degree of dof in post.

dogobe

Post by dogobe »

With the composite nodes it should be possible (already even) to do DOF with Z output from image, Colour ramp, mix, blur - suspect the word 'alpha' needs to be said somewhere along the pipe line. The issue at the moment is that there would be a lack of control and no quick way to set it up. I hope to see something like vector blur for DOF.

At the moment zblur et al are simple to use and get good results.

Need to go off and play a little with nodes.

dogobe

Post by dogobe »

As if by magic todays post on elysiun ...

http://www.elysiun.com/forum/viewtopic. ... start=1185