CVS 2007-04-18 tweak+4 patches

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Bellorum

CVS 2007-04-18 tweak+4 patches

Post by Bellorum » Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:44 pm

Build updated:-)Had a go at patching - have fun playing with the extra features..

Always in my builds:

Tweak mode

This eliminates the extra mouseclick when tweaking. Just clickselect and drag to move. More in line with tweak in other applications, and preferred behavior for most tablet users.
Jendrzych's iconset
Icons are one area that will be adressed with 2.5. This is Jendrzych's proposed set, with a slight modification by me to the manipulator icons (which were my concept to begin with:-)
My theme
LMB select default
Smooth view default

patches:

Headers remember their place when hidden and revealed
Parametric objects
Image browser
Weightgroup Based Masking for Sculptmode

What's new:

Bugfixes
Clamp-to constraint
'Solid wire'-script(not working right now)
Smooth view transitions

Extra scripts included:

Indigo exporter
Sunflow exporter
EdgeTune
KnifePro
MegaBool

More info here:
http://graphicall.org/builds/builds/sho ... how&id=395
Last edited by Bellorum on Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:50 pm, edited 5 times in total.
There's no such thing as democracy. There's only the tyranny of one, and the tyranny of many.

Bellorum

Post by Bellorum » Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:57 pm

Updated with new build :D
There's no such thing as democracy. There's only the tyranny of one, and the tyranny of many.

malCanDo

Post by malCanDo » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:15 am

The Game Engine seems to be disabled in this build :(

I was hoping to test it out, to see if a GE patch I submitted ( and that was implemented in CVS ) worked OK in your build.

Did you build without GE to save space, or was it an oversight?
Mal

btw keep up the great work with the builds, with custom patches ( eg animated viewport - btw it would be cool if this animated between camera views also, hopefully someone updates the patch ) - have you tried the Glass Button patch?

Bellorum

Post by Bellorum » Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:08 am

malCanDo wrote:The Game Engine seems to be disabled in this build :(

I was hoping to test it out, to see if a GE patch I submitted ( and that was implemented in CVS ) worked OK in your build.

Did you build without GE to save space, or was it an oversight?
Mal

btw keep up the great work with the builds, with custom patches ( eg animated viewport - btw it would be cool if this animated between camera views also, hopefully someone updates the patch ) - have you tried the Glass Button patch?
Hi!

Hrm.. can't remember if I built without GE:-/ Should work fine in new build hopefully (I don't use GE, so I didn't really test). About patches - I'm not sure how to patch yet with Scons. In cygwin I know, but it hasn't worked for me lately, hence why I switched.. New build up in a few minutes, btw:-)

jesterKing
Site Admin

Post by jesterKing » Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:38 am

[quote="BellorumAbout patches - I'm not sure how to patch yet with Scons. In cygwin I know, but it hasn't worked for me lately, hence why I switched.. New build up in a few minutes, btw:-)[/quote]

I use cygwin patch to do the patching, after that just use scons to (re)build.

/Nathan

malCanDo

Post by malCanDo » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:40 pm

Bellorum wrote...

> Hrm.. can't remember if I built without GE:-/ Should work fine in new build > hopefully

The new build doesn't have GE - to test, just move the cursor over the 3D window and press P for (P)lay. In this build, a message appears saying "Game Engine is disabled in this release!" - I don't use SCONS, but I think there may be a configuration file where you have to set a flag to true to compile the GE into the app.

> (I don't use GE, so I didn't really test).

The GE can be quite a bit of fun to use, and you can still utilise all of your existing Blender modelling / texturing skills within it.

If you have 30 minutes, check out this BSoD tutorial on the GE that I wrote - you can of course skip most of the non-GE related stuff :)

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/BSoD/ ... ame_Engine

I think you'll be surprised at just how much fun using the GE within Blender can be! :)
Mal

Bellorum

Post by Bellorum » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:32 pm

Hmm.. ok, I thought GE was enabled by default. I'll make sure to include in in my next build, then :) Probably tomorrow..

grafixsuz

Post by grafixsuz » Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:46 pm

I am not sure if I am doing anything wrong, but sculpt mode doesn't seem operational captain, I am given her all she's got and if I sculpt anymore she'll explode... sorry couldn't help myself. But seriously, nice icons, but I also couldn't get the primitives to subdivide... maybe a bug somewhere.

Bellorum

Post by Bellorum » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:40 pm

grafixsuz wrote:I am not sure if I am doing anything wrong, but sculpt mode doesn't seem operational captain, I am given her all she's got and if I sculpt anymore she'll explode... sorry couldn't help myself. But seriously, nice icons, but I also couldn't get the primitives to subdivide... maybe a bug somewhere.
have you tried yesterday´s build? I have no problems with sculpt, or subdividing primitives here :?