Radio&Baking adjustments bf-blender/Windows(2007/04/18)

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

RRuiz

Radio&Baking adjustments bf-blender/Windows(2007/04/18)

Post by RRuiz »

Hi, after try to use radiosity, ao and render to texture in blender internal I encounter with some problems and try to solve it in one way or an other. So this is the resume of this modifications.

- Add some api phyton functions to use render baking and re-pack images

- Add and Autobaking script that selecting the objects . . will create a new image, new uv, and bake the texture of all the objects selected and will link the image to the faces so is ready to use it in the ge (the size of the image it will be base on the biggest object selected).

- Add radiosity to the Render Baking.

- Add a Global emitter to apply to all the object that do not have emit in the material. This is necessary for a global effect.

- I modify the ranges of the radiosity for some reasons. Most of the time I need my object to emit a little bleeding but not to look radioactive so I add a small emit with a biiiiig mult , and so on the rest of the radio parameters and emit in materials.

- Add the Vertex Color as color as a color to add to be emit when vcol or vlight is check in the material.

- Add the TextFace Color as color as a color to add to be emit when this is check in the material. It will add color base on the pixel found at uv[0][0] of the face so the emit object have the be subd accordingly (only work if the uv is in the range of the valid image, uv have to be from 0 to 1)

-I add a option for the material to not use ao, this can be control by putting ambient to 0 but at doing this effect the view of the scene.

bin and a test file compiled with scons and MinGW (I know that some win users will have some problem for this since cvs have some small issues I think)

Regards,
Carlos

Edited . something that I just add . . semi Fake Caustics

Last edited by RRuiz on Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

matos

Post by matos »

this is just amazing!
well done.
But maybe u can post some kind of tut with some pics, if its not asking to much.

anyway, i can see archi walktroughts allover the place hehehehehe.

paulo_gomes

Post by paulo_gomes »

amazing!!! downloading!!! I agree with matos, maybe a litle tutorial will come in hand.

RRuiz

Post by RRuiz »

Hi , :)

A friend of mine is doing some tutos . . I think they will be ready by the end of the week.

I just found a little bug in the Autobake script. It need to re-pack the textures once the render is done :oops: Very easy to fix ;) I will include that in a soon to came update.

Regards,
Carlos

matos

Post by matos »

i think i found the bug also...
sometimes i just lose the textures after baking... i dont really lose the texture file, it just become full black.

keep the great work

RRuiz

Post by RRuiz »

well . . . the thing is that you have to manually re-pack the textures after re baking before save the blend file

Regards
Carlos

paulo_gomes

Post by paulo_gomes »

hi RRuiz! i've tried to run your build with wine (i've got caixamagica) but it gives me an error loading the dll library. Could you pleeeeeeaaaaassseeee compile a linux version??

Or where can i find the source code and break my head apart trying to compile it myself.

Thanks.

RRuiz

Post by RRuiz »

I just did an update with some new stuff like a test to create fake caustics (picture at first post)

Patch will came as soon as I stop modifying some stuff

RRuiz

Post by RRuiz »

I upload a little update for the Fcaustic stuff

Regards,
Carlos

paulo_gomes

Post by paulo_gomes »

That looks great!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

cant wait to test it!!!!

bmud

Post by bmud »

This looks very nice! Keep up the tweaks!