bf-blender / Windows (2004/06/18) - Patched with Softbodies

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

gabio

Post by gabio »

SamAdam wrote:is there a reason to use tars?
it is not windows standard and I am still searching for a free and easy tool to extract them.
Winace do it all. the 30 day trial is like the old winzip... THe never ending story.

theeth

Post by theeth »

winrar works with them too.

Martin
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon

Yfkar

Post by Yfkar »

Money_YaY!

Post by Money_YaY! »

patch file :( pretty please

chimera

Post by chimera »

@Money_YaY!
yes same here...

xand

Post by xand »

if you enter/leave the edit-mode while the mesh is deform, the simulation lost herself and restart from the start as there's no deformation.

very weirdy.

great works.

+++

chimera

Post by chimera »

xand wrote:if you enter/leave the edit-mode while the mesh is deform, the simulation lost herself and restart from the start as there's no deformation.

very weirdy.

great works.

+++
that's kinda normal. whenever you edit cloth, you have to resimulate it, since this'll affect the hole mesh. so first model the cloth and then do the simulation.

myamee

Post by myamee »

I want to know if Softbodies will be in the new resease. Also I had tried to find tutorials on using Softbodies but could not find any. Please let me know of any that are out there. Thanks
MyAMeE

intrr

Post by intrr »

myamee:

Not sure if they will be ported to the official tree. Ask a lot on the bf-committers mailing list, and you might be able to convince people ;)

Concerning the tutorials: No, there aren't any out there. I always wanted to write documentation on using the effects, but never got around to it. Maybe some day :)

pildanovak

Post by pildanovak »

I've realised that none of the effects take the armature deformed mesh as an input, just an addition to what i was supposing.

This feature isn't buggy, why not to commit it to bf-blender ??????????!!!!!????

intrr

Post by intrr »

Mail bf-committers... The more people do it, the more probably it gets ported...

But please, don't mention that I inspired you to e-mail the list :-)

theeth

Post by theeth »

intrr wrote:Mail bf-committers... The more people do it, the more probably it gets ported...

But please, don't mention that I inspired you to e-mail the list :-)
Right, because bf-blender admins don't read their own forums... :roll:
pildanovak wrote:This feature isn't buggy, why not to commit it to bf-blender
Because we try as much as we can to add working, well tested and predictable features to bf-blender. Which is exactly why we have tuhopuu for new features untested and unfinished.

Martin
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon

chimera

Post by chimera »

theeth wrote:Because we try as much as we can to add working, well tested and predictable features to bf-blender. Which is exactly why we have tuhopuu for new features untested and unfinished.

Martin
well this kinda sounds like an untested and unfinished feature..?

matt_e

Post by matt_e »

chimera wrote:
theeth wrote:Because we try as much as we can to add working, well tested and predictable features to bf-blender. Which is exactly why we have tuhopuu for new features untested and unfinished.

Martin
Which is why JesterKing has recently taken the time to port it across to tuhopuu.

chimera

Post by chimera »

broken wrote:
chimera wrote:

Martin
Which is why JesterKing has recently taken the time to port it across to tuhopuu.
you know... as I pressed the "Submit" button there... I thought like: "Well maybe it is already in the tuhopuu2-cvs...". well... shame on me... :oops: again :P