bf-blender / Windows (2004/06/28) and YafRay Windows

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

solmax

Post by solmax »

something else: does this combo support textures? i tried rendering an object with a bumpmap assigned, but the bump-effect didn't show up. i used a png.

---edit---

strange - the console sais:

"Loading image file i:\000-worx\GRACE\GRODT\logo_intro\images\1_euro_front_bump_oest.png
Targa type not supportedCould not load image"

trying different type...

marin

wavk

Post by wavk »

YafRay only takes tga and jpg files, and probably it thought the png was a tga, and could not read it, so it says it's of a wrong type. Try either tga or jpg.

pinhead_66

Post by pinhead_66 »

i had to deinstall yafray and install the new one (some where in this thread)

using the cvs build in this thread is also got it working on a simple cube

rendering something more complicated gave errors

(i'll have to check whether the materials use pictures that yafray can read or not, may be the source of the crashing part)

Luis

Post by Luis »

TimLucas wrote:I did everything in the first post, but blender still comes up with an error message that it can't find cygwin1.dll.
It is very strange because this YafRay version is not compiled with cygwin. Blender and YafRay binaries are compiled with msvc compiler. It seems you are mixing versions. Uninstall all YafRay stuff and then install new version again...
Are particles now supported in yafray?
No.
When I copy all the files in my yafray directory in the blender dir everything works just fine.
It's a weird thing, without sense, because new Blender+YafRay plugin system looks for YafRay's *installation* directory for loading yafrayplugin dll. If you have installed YafRay in \Program Files\YafRay Blender will search on that path for plugin.

I guess it works for you because you have copied cygwin1.dll from a old version of YafRay, making dissapear the error message.

Luis.

kencanvey

Post by kencanvey »

Uninstalled then re installed YAFRAY, as suggested and it works, on simple scenes ok, but more complex and/or already made scenes are a no go :(

Ken

Luis

Post by Luis »

kencanvey wrote:Uninstalled then re installed YAFRAY, as suggested and it works, on simple scenes ok, but more complex and/or already made scenes are a no go :(

Ken
Could you send me a scene (as simple as possible) that make crash YafRay?

This version is for testing and fixing bugs, so if somebody has a problematic scene, it would be great that he send it to us (Jandro or me). It is not necessary to send whole scene, only with the minimum parts that make YafRay crashes.

Luis.

A2597

Post by A2597 »

AHA!!! it only works with the latest CVS of yafray, NOT the one available on the site
The man with his head stuck in the Blender.

macouno

Post by macouno »

Nice.... I like the fact that we're getting some more sequencer plugins... though the glow plugin is rather useless. We need something like that but I think it ought to be something like a "texture plugin" assignable to a material not a scene.

lucky3

Post by lucky3 »

macouno wrote: it ought to be something like a "texture plugin" assignable to a material not a scene.
Yes, I think those two different kinds of "glow" would be needed :
The scene plugin to glow all the render and a "material glow" to glow only affected objects.

SamAdam

Post by SamAdam »

great job and thanks for the .zip.