bf-blender / Windows (2004/07/09) + Texture Ipo patch

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

macouno

Post by macouno »

Just wondering...

Does the render window when in the foreground also deform anybody else's screen.... basicly next to the render window, following the scanline the remainder of the screen darkens and widens a little... Don't know if this was there before or not, just noticed it now.

lucky3

Post by lucky3 »

pildanovak wrote:http://multimedia.ffa.vutbr.cz/~novak/files/fluid.avi
compressed with intel indeo 5.10, cca 450 kb
Thanks for this build JesterKing, all these stuffs are great!
Pildanovak, your fluid effect is well rendered, how did you make it? How do you change the particle size ( first, the mBalls are big and they reduce when they are in the container).

jesterKing
Site Admin

Post by jesterKing »

A texipo anim by S68:

http://www.letwory.net/avi/tex_disp_ball.avi

/jesterKing

Rusty

Post by Rusty »

thoro wrote:It's done by selecting the edge and pressing [SHIFT]+[e], value is increased/decreased by moving the mouse's Y-axis.
Works almost well. But... there's no RMB cancel option, and when some creases are done, and you got back to edit, A, SHIFT+E and move up and down, the last shape is lost. Should work like "additive" more than "total" weights.

jesterKing
Site Admin

Post by jesterKing »

Rusty wrote:Works almost well. But... there's no RMB cancel option...
ESCKEY cancels the operation.

/jesterKing

jesterKing
Site Admin

Post by jesterKing »

zupermonkey

Post by zupermonkey »

Hm, not to sound negative, but I liked the old color picker from a few days ago much better (the one with 3 color panels).

Monkeyboi

Post by Monkeyboi »

I prefer the new colour picker. It is bigger, clearer, with just the stuff you need. It reminds me of Gimp or Photoshops colour picker.

SamAdam

Post by SamAdam »

yeah. i coulnd't understand the last one, but i like this one, nice and simple, bu has all the features. you pick the tone, then you pick the brightness/saturation.
and i am now dropping the zip/gzip thing.

gabio

Post by gabio »

the demo look good. It's in the "caustic in water trick" family so, a hiden feature but a powerfull one.
Causitc trick

Usagi

Post by Usagi »

"Use alpha" for image textures doesn't work correctly. It's the same issue that I posted about the 2004/07/05 release.

Mel_Q

Post by Mel_Q »

Usagi wrote:"Use alpha" for image textures doesn't work correctly. It's the same issue that I posted about the 2004/07/05 release.
Are you talking about the edge around the alpha map being bright or is it not working at all?

*edit...
I can confirm there is a white border when using a .tga file with alpha map, so don't feel left out :P
Examples to come later...(grrr at my old notebook hogging the connection :D )

Usagi

Post by Usagi »

Mel_Q wrote:Are you talking about the edge around the alpha map being bright or is it not working at all?
Alpha 0 is transparent, but any other value between 1..255 comes out wrong, mostly too bright but not always. Some strange color shifting and banding seems to happen also.

Here is an example: left one rendered with 2004/07/02 CVS (correct), right one rendered with 2004/07/09 CVS (wrong, same result with 2004/07/05 CVS). Oddly enough lips and eyebrows look okay in both renders, although they are painted in the same colormap. It is a PNG with alpha channel.

jesterKing
Site Admin

Post by jesterKing »

This alpha issue might be related to the newly added operators in MapTo (Div, Screen, Diff, Light, Dark). These got added on the 3rd.

/jesterKing

Usagi

Post by Usagi »

Thank you for the info, jesterking. The other mixing options are a nice addition. Nonetheless, "Mix" should work as before, shouldn't it?