bf-blender / Windows (2004/07/22)

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

JoOngle

Post by JoOngle » Sat Jul 24, 2004 7:45 pm

When using Yafray to render...

For the first time when starting up Blender and hitting F12 to render
it keeps asking about 10 times for a cygwin1.dll file

Everything works fine besides that (after that)....but
every time I restart Blender...that one comes up.

Is it just me or is Yafray just ton's times faster now?
I really like the fact that we can preview Yafray renders
while it renders..makes it SOOOO much easier to do
experiments.

The Crease feature is a DOLL! Much needed! Thanks.
However....it's kind of annoying that I can't see where
I used the Crease-edge feature...it would have been
nice if it leaved some kind of colored mark on the
edges where used.

*Edit* Anyone knows why it keeps asking for this cygwin1.dll file?

Matthe

Post by Matthe » Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:20 am

When rendering with Yafray XML disabled all lightsources cast shadows, ignoring the settings for the lightsources. If XML is enabled everything works fine.

birras

Post by birras » Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:24 am

render: artifacts with procedual texture
in pose mode/editmode when manipulating the armature: crash
relative keys: after inserting key in edit-mode hitting tab: crash

blendix

Post by blendix » Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:52 pm

JoOngle wrote:*Edit* Anyone knows why it keeps asking for this cygwin1.dll file?
Probably because yafray or blender was compiled in cygwin. This shouldn't happen of course, but the official version will not be compiled with cygwin, so this problem will not appaer in the official 2.34.
Matthe wrote:When rendering with Yafray XML disabled all lightsources cast shadows, ignoring the settings for the lightsources. If XML is enabled everything works fine.
Seems like this was fixed in cvs today.
birras wrote:render: artifacts with procedual texture
in pose mode/editmode when manipulating the armature: crash
relative keys: after inserting key in edit-mode hitting tab: crash
This is not enough info. Please put a clear step by step description on how to reproduce these and/or a .blend file showing these bugs in the bug tracker (on the left of this page, under Blender > Bug Tracker).

ElBarto

Post by ElBarto » Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:00 pm

Got some problems at the UV editor when updating a texture (reload and refresh of the view doesn't work), view is not always updated selecting another image/texture in the UV editor when working with different materials and materials IDs.

Matthe

Post by Matthe » Mon Jul 26, 2004 3:37 pm

I've experienced some redraw problems while I'm in mesh edit mode. Vertexes don't show up as selected before a redraw occured and when I move over the header there are also some redraw problems.

EDIT: Forgot to say I'm using an ATI Radeon 9600pro.

gabio

Post by gabio » Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:12 pm

blendix wrote:
JoOngle wrote:*Edit* Anyone knows why it keeps asking for this cygwin1.dll file?
Probably because yafray or blender was compiled in cygwin. This shouldn't happen of course, but the official version will not be compiled with cygwin, so this problem will not appaer in the official 2.34.
Yea i forgot to tell pp. I,m using msvc7 with scons. So the cygwin stuff is from yafray for sure.

JoOngle

Post by JoOngle » Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:32 pm

Thanks guys!

*Rushes off to the Yafray.org forum.*

gabio

Post by gabio » Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:15 pm

just tested out. The 0.0.7 pre-release fromn yafray.org is working like a charm with my build.
If you got cygwin error: got download the 0.0.7 now
www.yafray.org

patricks

Post by patricks » Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:35 am

:? Hello and thank you for your great work gabio
There is something strange in the objects shadows when I use ray trace shadows.
It doesn’t meter witch on I use (lamp,sun,airelamp…)
2 weeks ago I posted the same thing too jesterkings build and broken ask my if I cud send an image and the blender file. The thing is I don’t know how too do that so I send him an email. I am not shur if hi received it.
So I trey too explain again. It is wery easy too do just open Bender and delete the cub then ad a UV Sphere with segments 32 and rings 32 then subdivision surface 1 and set smooth go too world panel and set Ambient Occlusion on samples 10 dist 10 and plain defuse energy (whit).
Select the lamp and go to the lamp panel set ray shad on and only shad on turn energy too maximum 10.000. Now go to the render panel and put ray and shadows on OSA on and render the image. You while see on the right side of the Sphere black triangles.
Now go back to the lamp panel and turn off “only shadows” and put the energy back to 1.000. render the scene agen and you will have a light said and a dark said on the Sphere.
At the transition from light to dark the black triangles appear again so there is no smooth transition (me by you have too zoom in the rendered picture too see it better).
I run Blender on Pentium 3 866 WindowsXPpro

matt_e

Post by matt_e » Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:11 pm

patricks wrote:2 weeks ago I posted the same thing too jesterkings build and broken ask my if I cud send an image and the blender file. The thing is I don’t know how too do that so I send him an email. I am not shur if hi received it.
Well, I replied to the message you sent, immediately. I don't know what happened... Anyway, in my message I said that I put it in the bug tracker. It was a very difficult bug, but Ton solved it just yesterday! Have a look here:

http://www.blender3d.org/cms/Misc_impro ... 355.0.html

crsrma

Post by crsrma » Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:34 pm

Nice job Ton, that looks like it was quite a beast of a bug. I'm fortunate enough to have never noticed that, it'd be driving me up a wall if so. That snowman animation related to the new static particle deformation is quite inspiring; awesome work by @ndy, yet again.

Great build here, the new Rotation/Scaling constraint is very cool. I've been offhandedly wishing for something similar while blending. Thanks, now back to experimenting w/ DoF.

patricks

Post by patricks » Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:28 pm

:D Thank you very much broken.
I have some questions about this “bug fix”
1. Will it fix it also for Yafray (I tested Yafray and found the same problem)?
2. I tested it with Blender 2.32 and everything work fin no black triangles (Yafray also work fin). The problem starts with Blender 2.33a .So what happened between Blender 2.32 and Blender 2.33a? :roll:

mosk!to

Post by mosk!to » Wed Jul 28, 2004 8:02 pm

Hi Blenderers,

thank you once more for an excellent build. However, while testing the new particle system(thx, theeth), I have come across something I have not been able to understand and does not seem to have been reported yet(It first struck me in a quite complex scene, but here is the easiest way to reproduce it):

1) Create a new particles effect for the default cube(Tested with a plane, too)
2) Add a force parallel to the view
3) Zoom in and animate(alt-a)
4) In my case, the particles moved into the direction opposite to the force for a short time, but then turned and followed the force. This lengthens when the particle lifetime is increased.

Is this a feature, a bug or my own stupidity :? ? I am not sure, so I would ask you to see whether you can confirm this and enlighten me.

Cheers

Felix

theeth

Post by theeth » Wed Jul 28, 2004 8:51 pm

mosk!to wrote:thank you once more for an excellent build. However, while testing the new particle system(thx, theeth
Thank Leon, he did most of the work.
mosk!to wrote:Is this a feature, a bug or my own stupidity :? ? I am not sure, so I would ask you to see whether you can confirm this and enlighten me.
It's a really old bug that haven't been solved yet.

I'll see if I can solve it tonight.

Martin
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon