bf-blender / Windows (2004/07/28) 2.34 Pre Release.

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

thoro

Post by thoro » Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:20 pm

lukep wrote:look in material panel, there is 2 new buttons :full OSA and bias, both will get you better results (at a render time cost).
That's it! I read over it :oops:. Thank you!

@ndy

Post by @ndy » Thu Jul 29, 2004 7:24 pm

how about a smaller startup screen for your unofficial builds? ;)

norm3dwyer

Thanks!

Post by norm3dwyer » Thu Jul 29, 2004 7:50 pm

Thanks to all the developers for all their hard work on Blender. The steady stream of updates and improvements are great. All the new features are greatly appreciated. I find the pre-release amazingly stable (within my limited use), and i'm excited for the next official release.

YafRay seems much faster on OS X. Thanks to the Yafray developers on the pre-release of Yafray .7 as well.
Norm

belac

Post by belac » Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:46 pm

WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Pablosbrain

Yafray Export

Post by Pablosbrain » Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:49 pm

Is it a known bug/issue that Alpha maps do not work with Yafray Plugin Rendering? I'm going to search through the bug tracker... Or is there some small thing I'm forgetting?

gabio

Post by gabio » Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:21 pm

@ndy wrote:how about a smaller startup screen for your unofficial builds? ;)
Yea... i'll have to change it after 2.34 i suppose. Still, I like the "mosaic of feature test" idea.

Alpha is workin ok for me here on yafray. can you elaborate the here and how?

kisolre

Post by kisolre » Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:31 pm

sorry but where is that pink outline of selected object? tryed all buttons at UserPref panel but no success. Name it pls :?: :)

eeshlo

Re: Yafray Export

Post by eeshlo » Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:41 pm

Pablosbrain wrote:Is it a known bug/issue that Alpha maps do not work with Yafray Plugin Rendering? I'm going to search through the bug tracker... Or is there some small thing I'm forgetting?
Alpha maps have never worked properly in yafray, except for very simple cases where the texture itself contains an alpha channel. This is not a Blender bug, but unfinished work in the blendershader of yafray. Sorry, I'm very behind 'schedule' with everything, but I have been away for quite some time. Hopefully I can update everything soon, but that will be all for the next release.

thoro

Post by thoro » Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:59 pm

kisolre wrote:sorry but where is that pink outline of selected object? tryed all buttons at UserPref panel but no success. Name it pls :?: :)
It's not in the User Preferences but in the View Properties - a button called 'Outline Selected Objects'.

Pablosbrain

Post by Pablosbrain » Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:17 pm

Thanks for the info eeshlo! Good to know!

Doc_Holiday

Post by Doc_Holiday » Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:42 am

I thought Realtime Shadow-Mapping and Multi-Texturing want to come in this Release. If so, where can i find this Features.
Thanks, Doc

ElBarto

Post by ElBarto » Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:49 am

Think the 'Outline Selected Objects' should be stay in user preferences instead of turning it on/ off for any 3d view itself.

matt_e

Post by matt_e » Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:21 am

Doc_Holiday wrote:I thought Realtime Shadow-Mapping and Multi-Texturing want to come in this Release. If so, where can i find this Features.
No, that's currently being experimented with in tuhopuu. It may not be in bf-blender for a while.
ElBarto wrote:Think the 'Outline Selected Objects' should be stay in user preferences instead of turning it on/ off for any 3d view itself.
No matter where it is, it should be on by default.

z3r0_d

Post by z3r0_d » Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:28 am

broken wrote:
ElBarto wrote:Think the 'Outline Selected Objects' should be stay in user preferences instead of turning it on/ off for any 3d view itself.
No matter where it is, it should be on by default.
I have a question about that...

when you have partially transparent faces [or entirely transparent faces] the lines are plainly visible on the edges of the mesh

in fact, the 3d view has apparently no considerations made to non-opaque faces

and what about when I select multiple objects? shouldn't the overlap be consistent [around each of the objects, or around all of them collectively]

I understand my later point could present more of a challenge [what if an object is both in front of and behind another? or does this actually not pose a problem if we simply use a negative zoffset [I haven't considered really how it actually works other than a thick wire]]

Warvis

Re: bf-blender / Windows - MacOSX (2004/07/28) 2.34 Pre Rele

Post by Warvis » Fri Jul 30, 2004 3:15 am

gabio wrote: Log:
Fixed small calculation error for non-float slider, which defined
whether redraw was needed. This shows on (some) windows cards that the
button continuously keeps updating/flashing.

Since I can't test it here, please confirm :)
The int type Sliders still flicker in windows:
When moving the sliderbutton from position 0 to 1, the slider starts flickering when the mousepointer reaches position 0.5 and the sliderbutton remains at position 0 until the mouse reaches 1, where the sliderbutton switches to position 1 and flickering/redrawing stops.
When moving from 1 to 0, the sliderbutton correctly switches to 0 when the mousepointer reaches position 0.5.

If I got this right, the code for this is in ui_do_but_SLI() in interface.c:
The slider value tempf seems to be rounded correctly in ui_set_but_val(), so the sliderbutton _should_ switch to 1 at mouse position 0.5 already (which it does not).

Besides, did someone notice that the python Draw.Scrollbar() doesnt work ?