bf-blender / Windows (2004/07/28) 2.34 Pre Release.

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

gabio

Re: bf-blender / Windows - MacOSX (2004/07/28) 2.34 Pre Rele

Post by gabio » Fri Jul 30, 2004 5:17 am

Warvis wrote: Besides, did someone notice that the python Draw.Scrollbar() doesnt work ?
Really? i don't even know what it's for!
Also the script for help navigator for python (misc -> python browser) don't show all the module, are is it that not all module have help string? anyway it's something that look like usefull. but half of it is just a reminder that epydoc is there...

Monkeyboi

Post by Monkeyboi » Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:44 pm

Noo! Removing selection outline for shaded mode is such a bad idea. I know it's now an option, but you can't expect new users to go directly into the view properties and set it on. Please set ON by default!

crsrma

Post by crsrma » Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:46 pm

Just a little nit I picked: If you click in empty space in popup property windows, the cursor moves to that point. This may be mildly frustrating in the wrong hands.

Looks like 2.34's going to be a great release!

kerosene

found two bugs!

Post by kerosene » Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:02 pm

hey all!

found two bugs!

first one: when you create vertices using ctrl+lmb while zoomed in, the vertex is created at the lower bottom of the pointer, not the center.

second one: if i set a material to "emit" it doesn't render anymore. instead the black render window appears and the animation is running (the number in the black box starts counting)...

both errors occured in win98 (at work.. hrmm)..

but other than that.. great work, guys!

.kero

kerosene

Post by kerosene » Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:05 pm

hmm.. i can't reproduce the second one... but i swaer it was there.. i gonna post the blend file if i can't reproduce it exactly.. i have it somewhere...

norm3dwyer

Post by norm3dwyer » Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:49 pm

Kerosene, i've had this same rendering bug occur in the Mac OS X version, but i didn't associate it with a surface's emit attribute. But the scene does have 7 objects using 2 surfaces that use the emit attribute. I was also playing around with the Edge rendering at the same time, as a result there are so many variables being tweaked at once I wasn't sure what the root of the render issue was.

I've removed all the emissive surfaces and it renders fine.

Norm

cyb

Post by cyb » Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:13 pm

I don't know if I do something wrong but... When I use yafray Gi with Area light there is no Area light, only Gi.

ElBarto

Post by ElBarto » Sat Jul 31, 2004 12:23 am

Monkeyboi wrote:Noo! Removing selection outline for shaded mode is such a bad idea. I know it's now an option, but you can't expect new users to go directly into the view properties and set it on. Please set ON by default!
I agree too.

macouno

Post by macouno » Sat Jul 31, 2004 2:45 pm

Grand... thx for telling me where to find the outline guys.

I don't much care where it is... nor do I care what it's default setting is. I mean... every time I get a new build I have to switch things around and do a new ctrl U anyway... so it's just one button more to push.

kencanvey

Post by kencanvey » Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:39 pm

macouno

If you copy your .b.blend from your .blender folder, then just copy this file into your new .blender directory, you will keep all your user settings :D .

Ken

Warvis

Post by Warvis » Sun Aug 01, 2004 12:15 am

gabio wrote:
Warvis wrote: Besides, did someone notice that the python Draw.Scrollbar() doesnt work ?
Also the script for help navigator for python (misc -> python browser) don't show all the module, are is it that not all module have help string? anyway it's something that look like usefull. but half of it is just a reminder that epydoc is there...
I think it should provide a vertical slider (aka scrollbar) for scrollable lists like the one in the python browser - but it doesn't even generate buttonevents, and I found part of it's functions disabled (commented out) in the sources. Looks like it somehow was either broken or had to be disabled for other reasons - or maybe I'm just using it the wrong way ;)

gabio

Post by gabio » Sun Aug 01, 2004 12:55 am

Warvis wrote:
gabio wrote:
I think it should provide a vertical slider (aka scrollbar) for scrollable lists like the one in the python browser - but it doesn't even generate buttonevents, and I found part of it's functions disabled (commented out) in the sources. Looks like it somehow was either broken or had to be disabled for other reasons - or maybe I'm just using it the wrong way ;)
Damn! (me smack my head) the browser don't show all because the scroll bar is not there. You'r all right. did you send it to bug tracker?

Tommy5

Post by Tommy5 » Sun Aug 01, 2004 1:51 pm

Hi
First for all, thanks all blender developers.
I checked this pre build, and have following questions:

Export Lwo script does not work for me. I asumme that fill python install will help me?
I get:

warning: hex/oct constants > sys.maxint will return positive values in Python 2.4 and up
ImportError: No module named warnings

Can't get traceback

When I scroll midle mouse button in buttons window, panels are moving left-right! Is this bug, or i missed something. Dont the scroll have to move slider buttons? not whole panels?

rednelb

Post by rednelb » Sun Aug 01, 2004 2:12 pm

hi,
i don't know if it is meant to work like this but since it doesn't "keep the global z axis pointing upwards when orbiting the view with the middle mouse button" i suppose it's a bug.
it does work only when i start orbiting from the middle of the screen.
thanks for the great release again!

rednelb

Post by rednelb » Sun Aug 01, 2004 2:18 pm

and if i turn the yafray to plugin (not export to xml) blender crashes everytime!