tuhopuu2/windows(04/08/15) muscle fun update.

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

bjornmose

tuhopuu2/windows(04/08/15) muscle fun update.

Post by bjornmose »

hi all,
Recovering from ohhh... and ah.... on the new *incredible* 2.34 ? :)

OK .. here is another attack:
my stuff:
- a constraint in armature system to have bones orient/stretch/scale like muscles
[edit ]
removed that for some reason.
- see vertices and edges while painting weight / verices
[/edit ]
- tweaking texture paint in UV paint editor

other stuff:
- Hos did a great job on merging bf --> tuhopuu again!
So ton's cool color picker is available in tuhopuu and i dunno what else made it's way over to tuhopuu ... some bugs may have slipped merging too , so heads up!

Download is at the end of this page:
[edit] update (2004/08/15) is there [/edit]
http://home.t-online.de/home/wund.five/ ... evel/news/

/* CVS Scons msvc6 build , GameEngine , no AQSIS */

have fun BM

*note* this post is 04/08/08 vs. the build is 04/08/04 since in my today's build something is wrong with gameengine.
[edit] (2004/08/15) gameengine seems to be fine again. [/edit]
Last edited by bjornmose on Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Monkeyboi

Post by Monkeyboi »

I like new features, but sometimes it is useful to see your vertex painting without a mesh projected on top. You used to be able to toggle this with the Wire button in the Object buttons. Preferrably this should be toggleable somehow.

BTW, what ever happened to the Relax UVs feature? What eas was wrong with it since it has now disappeared from Tuhopuu and not been commited to BF?

bjornmose

Post by bjornmose »

Monkeyboi wrote:I like new features, but sometimes it is useful to see your vertex painting without a mesh projected on top. You used to be able to toggle this with the Wire button in the Object buttons. Preferrably this should be toggleable somehow.

BTW, what ever happened to the Relax UVs feature? What eas was wrong with it since it has now disappeared from Tuhopuu and not been commited to BF?
well.. i see it's my fault again...
I'd like to know *which* feature you are commenting at (i did too much in one update )
so that *some* users like *some* new features is not really *feedback* to developers.

so i could read it this way :
-you want a toggle in UI to show edges/vertices in weight/vertex paint mode ( as if i knew this was needed )
-you are not interested in a muscle constraint
-and painting stuff you do not care about
-there was relaxing stuff in tuhopuu, you'd like to have back

... hmm
sometimes i feel i deserve a litttle more than "blaff" and "boo" :)
(Monkeyboi, sorry i know you did put loads of efford ... just needed a victim )
BM

blendix

Post by blendix »

Monkeyboi wrote:BTW, what ever happened to the Relax UVs feature? What eas was wrong with it since it has now disappeared from Tuhopuu and not been commited to BF?
I didn't know it disappeared, this wasn't planned. Anyway, I'd like to see it in 2.35, so I'll fix/improve the code, somewhere before the next release.

Caronte

Post by Caronte »

WOOOOOOOOOWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

This muscle system rocks!!!!!

Is the most advanced feature for animators since nla :D

Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! :wink:
Caronte.
"Some Day, All Will Be Digital"
http://www.nicodigital.com

ada89

Post by ada89 »

Hi, here is my test .avi of the new muscle feature.
http://sbup.jyscomputers.com/ada89/muscle.avi

Here is my request:
Ability to set the limit rotation of a bone (the other bone that effect the muscle bone) in certain axis so if it reaches it, the muscle will not stretch or bulge(eh?) any further till you rotate it to the opposite way.

or

Ability to set the limit of the muscle bone [stretch or bulge](size x/y/z) in certain axis so when you rotate the main bone and the muscle bone reach it limit stretch or bulge, it will be the same till you rotate it to the opposite way.

So you get something like this:
Image -> Image

insted of this:
Image -> Image

/me rub back hair

The other one is ability to make the muscle to shake in global/local axis so you can set it to shake and strect how far and how fast and you can use the influence bar to blend it from shake or not.

Am i asking too much?? :oops: :P :D
Last edited by ada89 on Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

gabio

Post by gabio »

congrats on this work. yes devel is not finish. we continue.
on side note: can you say some info on this build? like system used, how to whit aqsis stuff... i'm just blocked on my side with that.

poutsa

Post by poutsa »

:lol: THATS FANTASTIC AMAZING Build
Where is the ignore Occluded Function and why this feature is not in the Oficial Blender Build i thing this is a very Important Feature for editing modeling!!
the stretch constrain is great!!! and the other features to.....

Monkeyboi

Post by Monkeyboi »

bjornmose wrote:well.. i see it's my fault again...
I'd like to know *which* feature you are commenting at (i did too much in one update )
so that *some* users like *some* new features is not really *feedback* to developers.
I wasn't implying that it is your fault many Tuhopuu features have been erased. But it's sad to see features disappear before they even make it into BF. I wanted to try Aqsis rendering, but I believe that no build has ever been posted with this feature, and now it's gone.

About your new features: I like the idea of being able to see a wireframe display over my vertex or weight painting, but I think it should be toggleable. With a very dense mesh you cannot make out the vertex painting anymore - it becomes a blob full of green lines. Now, one could argue that it is a silly feature since it was already possible to see a wire display via the Wire button in the Object buttons, but then again I think most of the time it is useful to see the mesh. So it's good to have on as a standard, and then toggleable.

I didn't comment on the muscle constraint before, but I think it's quite good. With the risk of putting you off, what I am reeally missing in this respect is a way to control vertex keys via bone movements. This could be done through a constraint too.

What this would give us is:

-Ability to do muscle stuff - when rotating bones, mesh deforms.
-Ability to mix vertex keys with bones for facial animations so that we can easily combine jaw bone rotation with mesh editing. By letting a sepperate bone control both mesh deformation and jaw position (via the available Action constraint)
bjornmose wrote:... hmm
sometimes i feel i deserve a litttle more than "blaff" and "boo"
True, you are a key Blender developer. Please keep it up!

ada89

Post by ada89 »

Monkeyboi wrote: I didn't comment on the muscle constraint before, but I think it's quite good. With the risk of putting you off, what I am reeally missing in this respect is a way to control vertex keys via bone movements. This could be done through a constraint too.

What this would give us is:

-Ability to do muscle stuff - when rotating bones, mesh deforms.
-Ability to mix vertex keys with bones for facial animations so that we can easily combine jaw bone rotation with mesh editing. By letting a sepperate bone control both mesh deformation and jaw position (via the available Action constraint)
bjornmose wrote:... hmm
sometimes i feel i deserve a litttle more than "blaff" and "boo"
True, you are a key Blender developer. Please keep it up!
Yeah, if we have these, it would be much more easier to achieve realistic result because you can control how the mesh look at certain bone rotation and you don’t need to waste time with vertex grouping.

bjornmose

Post by bjornmose »

Monkeyboi wrote: I wanted to try Aqsis rendering, but I believe that no build has ever been posted with this feature, and now it's gone.
I decided to keep AQSIS out off my builds until things settle down a little. It has not vanished, but IMHO needs some work.
Monkeyboi wrote: About your new features: I like the idea of being able to see a wireframe display over my vertex or weight painting, but I think it should be toggleable. With a very dense mesh you cannot make out the vertex painting anymore - it becomes a blob full of green lines. Now, one could argue that it is a silly feature since it was already possible to see a wire display via the Wire button in the Object buttons, but then again I think most of the time it is useful to see the mesh. So it's good to have on as a standard, and then toggleable.
I was not aware of that object option when i did that. I need to think that over (/me adds investigate on todo list). Thanks for the hint.
Monkeyboi wrote: .. With the risk of putting you off, what I am reeally missing in this respect is a way to control vertex keys via bone movements.......
Oh, yeah! That would be a "knock you off your feet" feature .. having RVKs contolled by the armature/bone system (IIRC requested X times)
Hmm .. i have no clue (right now) what it will take to implement that, but i promise to see what can be done.(/me adds investigate on todo list for this one too)

To resume: Thanks for your constructive work!
/me checks todo list vs. time budget ( beeing "hobby" blender coder )
well .. doing my very best
.. see you
BM

Caronte

Post by Caronte »

bjornmose wrote:Oh, yeah! That would be a "knock you off your feet" feature .. having RVKs contolled by the armature/bone system (IIRC requested X times)
Hmm .. i have no clue (right now) what it will take to implement that, but i promise to see what can be done.(/me adds investigate on todo list for this one too)
This feature is called Smartskins in Animation:Master www.hash.com here is a tuto: http://www.geocities.com/mestela/smarttut/index.html
Caronte.

manin666

Post by manin666 »

It's working great! But I think the starting value of the constraint must keep the rest size :D :D :D .Thank you!

bjornmose

Post by bjornmose »

manin666 wrote:It's working great! But I think the starting value of the constraint must keep the rest size :D :D :D .Thank you!
Update is out!
See first post in this thread.

or here
http://home.t-online.de/home/wund.five/ ... evel/news/

BM

Caronte

Post by Caronte »

I think your muscle system need a multiplier for the scale.
Example:
When flex the biceps, the muscle need more size, now is very few effect.
May be a [x2] button will be enough.

Thanks by your work :wink:
Caronte.