bf-blender/linux i386 (2004/12/09) 2.36 RC2

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

jesterKing
Site Admin

Post by jesterKing »

and a quicktute to show it off:

http://www.letwory.net/tutes/vertex_on_subsurf.htm

/Nathan

Bellorum

Post by Bellorum »

Great work on showing new features Jesterking. Can't wait for a windowsversion to test the latest goodies:)
There's no such thing as democracy. There's only the tyranny of one, and the tyranny of many.

jesterKing
Site Admin

Post by jesterKing »

I upload quite frequently builds to http://www.letwory.net/cvsbuilds, but I don't very often announce uploads seperately. In a few minutes there should be two downloads available with the date at October 1st...

/Nathan

sten

Post by sten »

ok, new hot keys for selection modes while in editmode:

CTRL+TAB

and also backside edges while in soliddraw mode now shows edges transparent, but not when in Zbuffermode (hided...)

new upload, first post :)

Bellorum

Post by Bellorum »

Found a problem with the face-loop function. It doesn't work when I set "Select with left mouse".

And then a thought on the selection-mode hotkeys. Now, I haven't had the opportunity to try the new ctrl+tab feature, but I guess that cycles through modes, right? I see several weaknesses right there. All three modes should have a distinct hotkey or combo. So here's a thought - how about TAB=vertex, TAB+CTRL=edge and TAB+ALT=face-mode?
There's no such thing as democracy. There's only the tyranny of one, and the tyranny of many.

matt_e

Post by matt_e »

Bellorum wrote:Found a problem with the face-loop function. It doesn't work when I set "Select with left mouse".
Ah, it does work, but only if 'Emulate 3 button mouse' is switched off, since Emulate 3 buttons takes Alt-Left Mouse and treats it as middle mouse. So when you click Alt-Left to select a loop, Blender thinks you are pressing middle mouse.

Monkeyboi

Post by Monkeyboi »

Not good, I have a two-button mouse and prefer to use left mouse button to select. Dunno what would be the solution other than choosing a different modufier.

What would also solve this, and maybe be cleverer, would be to treat edge and faceloop selection like in Wings where you select one edge, then press a key and it selects the loop, instead of current Blender method where you select an edge while holding a modufier.

The Wings method is also clearer because it is visible in the Select menu, would be nice if this was also the case with Blender.

Bellorum

Post by Bellorum »

Great, that works:)
What would also solve this, and maybe be cleverer, would be to treat edge and faceloop selection like in Wings where you select one edge, then press a key and it selects the loop, instead of current Blender method where you select an edge while holding a modufier.
Actually, I think the current way of selecting faceloops is very intuitive(and interactive). I never liked the way it's done in Max.

KRUChY

Post by KRUChY »

woow, living in fast lane is too slow to tell, damm you're fast.

all bugs were fixed in last compilation, so now starting all over testing.

once again thx ztonzy for the best linux version of blender !!!

Tochiro

Post by Tochiro »

I think that new select mode is a great feature, but now extrute with more faces selected is very complicated :D

cogitas3d

Post by cogitas3d »

Hi stonzy... I liked to know if have you the source of this version?
I work with architectural design and I need to change the color of
floorplans and others things while I modeling the scene.
I have one .patch file that make this, but I need the source to
it to function.

Thanks a lot. :D

piergi

no more linux builds?

Post by piergi »

Hi to all.
Am I missing something or there are no more linux builds?

Piergi

ch

Post by ch »

:cry: :cry:
that's the newest.
http://www.web-play-3d.de
German site with Blender Tutorials

sten

Post by sten »

oh sorry...I have been in Amsterdam at the conference and I haven't taken time either to make a new build, but I will...just wait!

:)

jesterKing
Site Admin

Post by jesterKing »

Until master ztonzy puts up a new build people can find bleeding edge satisfaction from http://www.letwory.net/cvsbuilds. I've uploaded a linux build dated 27th of October, build on Fedora Core 2 with SCons.

/Nathan