bf-blender/linux i386 (2004/12/09) 2.36 RC2

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

sten

Post by sten »

okey...sorry for the waiting!

check first post for a new build as of today...it was built on Ubuntu i386 (Debian based linux distro)

see if you find any bugs so we can or might iron them out before release if possible ! ;)

good luck trying it out!

blendix

Post by blendix »

I get this message when starting blender:
./blender: /usr/lib/libpng12.so.0: no version information available (required by ./blender)

Saving/Loading png's works fine though.

It seems as if this version is dynamically linked to libpng, libjpeg, freetype, python, ... . They are suppposed to be linked statically, but Scons doesn't do this. Building with the Makefiles should both fix the above warning, and link correctly.

sten

Post by sten »

okey...I did this with scons yes...

I'll try with make :)

thanks!

GreyBeard

Post by GreyBeard »

Bug:

Switching out of and back into edit mode with edges selected that don't enclose a complete face loses the selection. Faces and verticies work fine however.

GreyBeard

ben_o

Post by ben_o »

I am having 'roll over' problems with tabbed menus. I'll explain:

If I have 2-3 menus combined in one box, (ie tabbed) when the mouse rolls over the exposed menu buttons, sometimes they are replaced with buttons from one of the other menus underneath. (The buttons show through, and change colour as you would expect if they were on top.)

This only occurs in a small rectangular area around the mouse pointer. Once the mouse pointer leaves an area, it normally returns to normal. I think the buttons that show through are from the menu that I had tabbed away from.

(I have also tested this out on my home box, Mandrake 10.1, Geforce FX5900 with similar results)

This is the first time I have seen this in blender, and I've been using official and testing builds for some time now. Using a very slightly older version (few weeks) still works fine though.

Ben
------------------
Systems:
Mandrake 10.1 with nVidia 6111 on a GeForce FX 5900
Athlon XP 2600+, 512 Mb RAM

Fedora 2 with nVidia 6111 on a GeForce 2
Pentium III ~999 MHz, 512 Mb RAM

paroneayea

Post by paroneayea »

First of all, I like the new "extrude on normals" thing. I'm not so sure I like it being the default behavior, though.. I hit g a lot.
What really bugs me though is that if you hit x, y or z, extrude on normals should just turn off automatically. There would be no reason for it to still be on.

Tochiro

Post by Tochiro »

I think that it's a know problem:
Now sounds don't work on games :(,
but in official blender 2.34 release it's ok

paroneayea

Post by paroneayea »

it would be nice if loop cuts conformed to optimal mode, too. It's kind of hard to see what they're doing in optimal mode, sometimes.

Or would that be extending beyond the boundaries of the feature freeze in CVS?

sten

Full Release!

Post by sten »

heya!

soo...now I have a full release of Blender 2.35 built with scons, make doesn't work very good for me...

cheers and enjoy !

Mats78

Post by Mats78 »

Thanks for the builds.

Why does the selection box popup with shift+alt+select on linux (Slack) but alt+select on windows (XP)? It should be alt+select, right?

From my xorg.conf:

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Keyboard0"
Driver "keyboard"
Option "XkbLayout" "fi"
Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
Option "XkbRules" "xorg"

Have I got it all wrong... ?

cheers,
Mats

sten

Post by sten »

hey!

it was a while I did a build and upload it...but here it is, go to first page :) and download it !

sten

Post by sten »

@Mats78

you mean select loops edge/faces in Blender ?

if you use KDE it can be cumbersome with alt+rmb...

try to use alt+ctrl+rmb works for me in KDE 3.2.3

:)

qaz99

Post by qaz99 »

hi, i did have the same problem but much worse
see bug 1872: http://projects.blender.org/tracker/?fu ... group_id=9

setting

Code: Select all

Option "NoFlip" "1"
in my XF86Config-4 file solves the problem for me
but i thought that it was my old TNT2 that was behaving badly again

if newer cards have the same(or simerlar) problem maybe someone should have a look at this

ben_o wrote:I am having 'roll over' problems with tabbed menus. I'll explain:

If I have 2-3 menus combined in one box, (ie tabbed) when the mouse rolls over the exposed menu buttons, sometimes they are replaced with buttons from one of the other menus underneath. (The buttons show through, and change colour as you would expect if they were on top.)

This only occurs in a small rectangular area around the mouse pointer. Once the mouse pointer leaves an area, it normally returns to normal. I think the buttons that show through are from the menu that I had tabbed away from.

(I have also tested this out on my home box, Mandrake 10.1, Geforce FX5900 with similar results)

This is the first time I have seen this in blender, and I've been using official and testing builds for some time now. Using a very slightly older version (few weeks) still works fine though.

Ben
------------------
Systems:
Mandrake 10.1 with nVidia 6111 on a GeForce FX 5900
Athlon XP 2600+, 512 Mb RAM

Fedora 2 with nVidia 6111 on a GeForce 2
Pentium III ~999 MHz, 512 Mb RAM

ben_o

Post by ben_o »

gaz99, you genius!

That "NoFlip" option sorts it out nicely. I was a bit thrown off because the problem doesn't arise under fluxbox, or WindowMaker, misleading me that the xorg options wouldn't fix it.

Thanks!

Ben

Saluk

Post by Saluk »

How come the link is still 2.35a ?