bf-blender / Windows (2004/10/18)

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

TorQ

Post by TorQ » Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:51 am

Bug Report:

Hiding Faces in Edit mode leaves the wireframe of hidden faces showing. Thanks.

dmao

Re: bf-blender / Windows (2004/10/18)

Post by dmao » Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:01 am

gabio wrote: -kester
Log:
Switch fixed time system. Logic updates should now happen at 30Hz, physics at 60Hz. (By default, use Python to set.) Some actuators still run at framerate (IPO, Action) for nice smooth animation, and an excuse to buy high end hardware.
The fixed time logic updates should definitely be an option rather than a mandate. I and many others use scripts that must be updated every frame, like for object & uv animation, mouse movement, etc.

Would it be possible to set this in the logic bricks rather than globally? as in a toggle between the previous framerate dependent method, and the new independent way?

Kenden

Post by Kenden » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:24 pm

TorQ wrote:Bug Report:

Good one, I've put it in the bug tracker.
Don't hesitate to use it!;)

kenden

Kenden

Post by Kenden » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:09 pm

TorQ wrote:Bug Report:

Fixed in CVS already :)

nikoola

Post by nikoola » Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:21 pm

Curve Deform is not working in all your builds!
see: http://www.blender3d.org/cms/Curve_Deform.392.0.html

malefico

Post by malefico » Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:12 pm

Looks like CTRL Z for undoing node manipulation in IPO curves erase the node (undo the keyframe ?) instead of undoing the node manipulation.

Is Global UNDO implemented for IPO curve editing and works bad or is it just that it's not yet implemented ?

bleen

Post by bleen » Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:13 pm

bug?:
i tríed to subdivide vertical edges, like the wings3d connect-tool, but the result looks very different:

http://www.genosite.net.tc/probs/subdivide_edges1.png

bleen

bertram

Post by bertram » Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:35 pm

bleen wrote:bug?:
i tríed to subdivide vertical edges, like the wings3d connect-tool, but the result looks very different:

http://www.genosite.net.tc/probs/subdivide_edges1.png

bleen
That's kinda "works as designed" for the moment.
Try using the knife (KKEY) for the time being.

malefico

Post by malefico » Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:29 pm

You may also try "Beauty" option. But yes, Knife is better.

Zsolt

Post by Zsolt » Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:04 am

Okay, who removed the object center (aka origin) dot in edit mode???
This is like an "un-feature". There are several times when seeing the object origin is very important in edit mode! For example if the object moves along a path, and/or uses dupliframes, or if a curve is used as a bevel for another curve, then it matters where the mesh or curve edit data is in relation to the position of the object center. Not useful if you can't see that center!

oyster

Post by oyster » Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:22 am

Zsolt wrote:Okay, who removed the object center (aka origin) dot in edit mode???
This is like an "un-feature". There are several times when seeing the object origin is very important in edit mode! For example if the object moves along a path, and/or uses dupliframes, or if a curve is used as a bevel for another curve, then it matters where the mesh or curve edit data is in relation to the position of the object center. Not useful if you can't see that center!
Developers seem to be more active on Bug Tracker ( on the left) other than here.

ElBarto

Post by ElBarto » Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:44 pm

Yes, better using the bugtracker for these things. After i posting my bugs there i get a response and some have now status Approved and will be fixed soon.
Karamba!
Bart.

http://www.area42.de/

Blender Feature Proposal:
http://www.neeneenee.de/blender/features/

dgebel

Post by dgebel » Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:21 pm

Is anyone else having problems with the menu system on this release? 2.34 works fine, but mousing over the File, Add etc as well as the View, Select, etc menus does nothing. No reverse, no menu, etc.

Oct18 CVS Dell gx260 optiplex, XP, standard 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV graphics.

Kenden

Post by Kenden » Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:52 pm

dgebel wrote:Is anyone else having problems with the menu system on this release? 2.34 works fine, but mousing over the File, Add etc as well as the View, Select, etc menus does nothing. No reverse, no menu, etc.

Oct18 CVS Dell gx260 optiplex, XP, standard 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV graphics.
I have the same problem but only when switching from window-mode to full screen mode. (Start Blender in a window, switch to full screen).
Do you get the same?
That only happens with ATI 7500.

dgebel

Post by dgebel » Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:28 pm

I have the same problem but only when switching from window-mode to full screen mode. (Start Blender in a window, switch to full screen).
Could have been - seems to be working now, although I haven't rebooted. I think it could have been something to do with MouseTool (old GPL version, auto-clicks mouse to cut down on RSI. Can one buy a GPL program and make it commerical only???) leaving a bad mouse state somewhere as well. Yes, I'd already turned it off. And then quit. Must not have cleaned up quite right.