bf-blender / Windows (2004/10/29)

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

ElBarto

Post by ElBarto »

@ Mel_Q and Actarus:
Start Blender, go to rendering setting turn Passepartout on and save your user preferences with ctrl+u.
Next time you using Blender it will be always on ;)
Karamba!
Bart.

http://www.area42.de/

Blender Feature Proposal:
http://www.neeneenee.de/blender/features/

Monkeyboi

Post by Monkeyboi »

ElBarto: I'm quite sure you missed thier point...

What they are sayning is that there is no need to add extra bloat to the software in the shape of too many controls the user doen't need. You could remove the passepartout option and have it on all the time, and it wouldn't bloat up the render buttons.

Maybe it could just be moved to the Camera edit buttons though - good space their, and you could set it per camera. Or in View Properties?

Mel_Q

Post by Mel_Q »

ElBarto wrote:@ Mel_Q and Actarus:
Start Blender, go to rendering setting turn Passepartout on and save your user preferences with ctrl+u.
Next time you using Blender it will be always on ;)
??
I'm satisfied with it. I think Actarus may have a valid point, looking at the rather sparse camera edit settings. Even when using Yafray, there's a total of ten 'clickable' areas on three panels, while the output panel has around 23.
I don't have a problem with where it is though.

CDI3D

Post by CDI3D »

Is this a bug?

When attempting a dupliframe "loft" I run into some weirdness.

Normally I would Apply Size and Rotation before parenting my dupli object to my path.

Well in the latest build when I turn on dupliframe and then attempt to make the dupli real I get asked again if I want to apply size and rotation. I click to confirm I do and then I recieve:

ERROR: Unable to apply to a multiuser curve

This doesnt happen in the "official" 2.34 version.

I apologize for tagging this on to the end of this post I tried to access the bug tracker but the page wouldnt load.

bleen

Post by bleen »

bug:
blender crashs (sometimes) when you will loop subdivide fgon faces!

http://home.arcor.de/crazydesign/probs/ ... de_bug.avi

____
bleen

Actarus

Post by Actarus »

ElBarto wrote:Start Blender, go to rendering setting turn Passepartout on and save your user preferences with ctrl+u.
Thanks ElBarto, but I already knew how to save my settings (Ctrl+U).

I just meant that I fear one day there will be too many controls and options on the screen.

If we choose to keep the passepartout as an option, we should put it on the camera settings (like "Show limits") it would be more logical (it is NOT a render setting !!!!).
(sorry for my poor english, I'm french)

theeth

Post by theeth »

Actarus wrote:(it is NOT a render setting !!!!).
No, but as it's implement right now, it's a Scene setting and the tooltip of this window indicates, it's in the Scene Settings. Granted, these are in majority Render settings, except maybe for the Set.

Martin
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon

Actarus

Post by Actarus »

Ooops ... we are getting far away the initial purpose of this subject (testing this build) .... I apologize.
(sorry for my poor english, I'm french)

ElBarto

Post by ElBarto »

@bleen

Please post it at the bug tracker!
Karamba!
Bart.

http://www.area42.de/

Blender Feature Proposal:
http://www.neeneenee.de/blender/features/

matt_e

Post by matt_e »

theeth wrote:
No, but as it's implement right now, it's a Scene setting and the tooltip of this window indicates, it's in the Scene Settings. Granted, these are in majority Render settings, except maybe for the Set.

Martin
I think the point of that post was to mention what it should be, not what it currently is internally :) It would make a lot more sense if it were per-view or per-camera - it really has nothing to do with the contents or output of the scene, it's a visualisation tool.

Can someone whine about this on my behalf in the meeting or on IRC or something?

theeth

Post by theeth »

broken wrote:
theeth wrote:

Martin
I think the point of that post was to mention what it should be, not what it currently is internally :)
I know, I was just nitpicking ;)
It would make a lot more sense if it were per-view or per-camera - it really has nothing to do with the contents or output of the scene, it's a visualisation tool.
Personnally, I'd put it in the Vew Settings floating panel.
Can someone whine about this on my behalf in the meeting or on IRC or something?
Sure can.

Martin
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon

CDI3D

Post by CDI3D »

So is my ERROR: on second application of Size and Rotation I asked about earlier a bug or not?

etienneL

Post by etienneL »

Hi everyone,
Could these features be tested in the new builds?

Could the Knife feature (Shift K) behave like the Loop Subdivide (Ctlr R)
to let use "slide" the cutting edges ?
It would give us more control than the Exact line or Midpoint options.

Plus: when edges are selected in a mesh (loop or just part of) would it be possible to have this "slide" feature.

Thx.

Bellorum

Post by Bellorum »

Slide is kewl 8) I'm also hoping for that feature.
There's no such thing as democracy. There's only the tyranny of one, and the tyranny of many.

Usagi

Post by Usagi »

Contrary to 2.34 selection of hidden vertices in shaded mode is no longer possible by default. How can I turn it on? I didn't find a switch in user preferences.