bf-blender / Windows Official 2.35 RC1 (20041108)

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Sutabi

Post by Sutabi »

I can seem to login into the tracker and already hav emy account there....

but there is a bug:
I use Duipliverts to render a dome of Area lights and well it renders the lil squares with the area light that shows its radius and stuff...

llunasol

Post by llunasol »

malCanDo wrote:I agree with the earlier post about having a 'X' or delete to delete an object from the outliner. Also, what about options to rename items in the outliner?
I add to that proposal. Being a new addition the Outliner itself is great right now, and I think that asking for those small details is not asking for new features, considering how near is the next release. Being able to delete something on the tree of elements that the Outliner displays is... uhmm, like "natural" behaviour, also being able to rename every element. I would not add any 'X', plain and simple, Delete-Key could "delete" and clicking longer on the name "make it active to be re-written".

My impression is that when you first see the Outliner looks so useful that you start to use it inmediatly and looks a wonderful addition. But after working with it for a while you realize that without the "delete" and "rename" features is somewhat "incomplete". Other than that, being able to "drag" one element on the list inside another to "re-parent" it, would be another "natural" must :wink:

llunasol

Post by llunasol »

BTW, this is a very small detail mentioned from time to time: the menu title highlighting is rounded on the default theme and to me is ugly (respecting the ones using the rounded theme), but considering the interface conventions is absolutly inconsistent. So if we want rounded details we got rounded themes but if you doesn't want rounded details we should have the possibility to not have them :wink: Who have decided that rounded highlighting is better, or more modern, or more whatever? :D

This inconsistency goes to the text window where the menu highlighting is still squared. And that addresses to the fact that all the menu highlighting with the new rounded shape displays that there is still some squared highlighting behind it (visible because is incorrectly displayed with a different gray cast).

mmoadude

Post by mmoadude »

I'm still having the ATI slowdown on renders, even with the new release

gabio

Post by gabio »

mmoadude wrote:I'm still having the ATI slowdown on renders, even with the new release
the problerm is not completely solved. but it's at least more workable.
you said on renders, what does that mean?

ElBarto

Post by ElBarto »

@mmoadude

What ATi card you using, which os and which driver version?

Using a Ati9700pro (Catalyst 04.11) on Win2K with Blender 2.35a and didn't get any slow downs.
Karamba!
Bart.

http://www.area42.de/

Blender Feature Proposal:
http://www.neeneenee.de/blender/features/

mmoadude

Post by mmoadude »

I have a Radeon IPG 320M running on WinXP and the slowdown occurs with the "render status" bar at the upper right portion of the screen that tells which frame is rendering etc. and the problem is that this line re-prints slowly between each frame or several times if oversampling is on.

I have not had a chance to download 2.35a it might be fixed already...

gabio

Post by gabio »

No, this is thew only remaning vertige of the old menu slowdown. i'm sure this is appening also when you open a file? don't know why this part of the UI draw wasn't fixed.

mmoadude

Post by mmoadude »

yes, it happens with the file selection menus too.
I hope they fix this soon!

JoOngle

Post by JoOngle »

a rather NASTY crash bug:

Retraceable steps:
---------------------

1) Press space, add text
2) get out of text-type mode and into object mode (tab)
3) Convert the text to Curve by pressing Alt + C
4) Convert the Curve to mesh by pressing Alt + C again
5) Enter editmode (tab)
6) Select all vertices with the A button
7) Press the U - Undo button

CRASH!

ElBarto

Post by ElBarto »

Happens with 2.35a too, i put it into the bugtracker #1891
Karamba!
Bart.

http://www.area42.de/