Tuhopuu3 / Windows (2005/01/03)*updated # 2*

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

gabio

Post by gabio » Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:13 am

broken wrote:Well, the panning hasn't been touched, so I don't know what's up there. As for the alignment:
Log:
A bit experimental - added a right-click menu for buttons, with
Copy and Paste available there. I have ideas for other options to
go in such a menu too, like Insert Key and Remove Key (for the
individual values/channels), web links to help references, etc.
This may not be so easy in practice, let's see how it goes :)

The Panel Alignment menu can now be opened by right-clicking on a
panel header as opposed to anywhere in the buttons space as it was
previously.

PS. Does anyone feel like coding some general cross-platform
os-native copy and paste functionality into GHOST? ;)
http://projects.blender.org/pipermail/t ... 01220.html

And of course the panel alignment is still available in the 'Panels' menu. There is some discussion about this on the tuhopuu-devel list.

PS. Feedback on if the render preset saving is working correctly for everyone would be good, too :)
Empty dropdown menu here(There is preset comming with it yea?). just have "custom". I'm sure you can saver some. but i don't know where.

matt_e

Post by matt_e » Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:26 am

gabio wrote:Empty dropdown menu here(There is preset comming with it yea?). just have "custom". I'm sure you can saver some. but i don't know where.
Eek, well that's not right, it should look like this:

Have you got all the pre_*.py files in your scripts dir? I'm not sure how it works on OSes other than OS X, but I guess they should be automatically bundled there from tuhopuu3/release/scripts on compilation. Or maybe you need to do a special release build?

Unless of course the problem's in the code and the menu's not getting initialised correctly...

matt_e

Post by matt_e » Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:34 am

ElBarto wrote:I never understand why we have a rounded menu now too when you did not use the rounded theme.
I 'fixed' this in tuhopuu yesterday, so rectangular themes don't have the rounded pulldown titles.

gabio

Post by gabio » Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:47 am

broken wrote:Have you got all the pre_*.py files in your scripts dir? I'm not sure how it works on OSes other than OS X, but I guess they should be automatically bundled there from tuhopuu3/release/scripts on compilation. Or maybe you need to do a special release build?

Unless of course the problem's in the code and the menu's not getting initialised correctly...
Nothing to worry about, i use to merge the install dir of bf and tuho. a simple refresh did the job

matt_e

Post by matt_e » Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:52 am

Oh, so it works properly now? If so, good :)

poutsa

Post by poutsa » Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:03 pm

Why not make the Small Layers Buttons have a Small Zero (0)Number Visible if you open Tuhopuu 3 exept the First Layer has the Number 3 (because in this Layer you find a Camera,Light, and a Cube....Standart opening scene)

So you can see how many Objects Included in every Layer (1-20) visible Number on every Button!

And if you Go Over the Layer 5 as Example and Press and Hold the Right Mouse Button a List Open Automatic with all your Objects Included in this Layer 5 so you can see which Objects you have in Layer 5 and you can Delete some if you like from this List by Choose one and Press R Button and Accept delete this Object? Yes/No.

And when you Press the Left Mouse you Enter in this Layer the Normal Way!

Or why not make like in Blender Instinctive 2 (Layers Managment)!
Or something very New for the Layers Organisation-a New Feature Request with Ideas!

Ciao

Vassilios

SamAdam

Post by SamAdam » Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:39 pm

some bugs:

there seem to be a couple of switches missing:
why can I change the edge settings if the edge button is off?
oversampling, gaussian blur, motion blur

why is gamma on a different tab from its setting?

color correct has no tooltips

size % should have a correct tooltip

can't rightclick to set alignment

yafray placement and grouping incorrect

render from button type wrong (need to be radios)

presets needs a tooltip

gamma slider can't see number, too small

Bellorum

Post by Bellorum » Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:55 pm

can't rightclick to set alignment
I'll spare poor Broken this one, Since I'm an equally poor reader;)
The Panel Alignment menu can now be opened by right-clicking on a
panel header as opposed to anywhere in the buttons space as it was
previously.
There's no such thing as democracy. There's only the tyranny of one, and the tyranny of many.

Monkeyboi

Post by Monkeyboi » Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:06 am

SamAdam wrote:there seem to be a couple of switches missing:
why can I change the edge settings if the edge button is off?
oversampling, gaussian blur, motion blur

This is still an unresolved question. Should options disappear when the function is disabled? In some situations (although rare) the user might want to edit a setting before it is applied, such as setting the subsurf value before turning on subsurf.

why is gamma on a different tab from its setting?
Actually, these settings are not related. The gamma slider was ported from the Unified render, while the toggle has to do with securing nice anti-aliasing, and thus, the gamma slider works with or without the gamma toggle on. The gamma toggle button does not alter the overall look of the image, but only the gamma of the oversamping areas. Maybe a better name should be thought of..

If not, the tooltip is certainly quite misleading.

From the documentation refenrece:

Gamma (toggle)

Colours cannot be normally added together without consequences, for example when rendering anti-aliasing. This limitation is caused by the way light is displayed by the screen: the colour value 0.4 does not appear half as strong as 0.8 (in actuality it is nearly 0.56!). This can be solved by assigning the display-hardware an extremely high gamma correction: gamma 2.3 or even higher. This gives a really pale image with 'washed out' dark tints to which dithering must be applied. Blender renders everything internally already gamma-corrected. This produces a more stable anti-aliasing for the eye, i.e. anti-aliasing that does not 'swim'. To see this difference, render a "Shadeless" white plane with OSA - and with and without "Gamma". The only time this option should be set to OFF is when Blender is used for imagecomposition.

color correct has no tooltips
size % should have a correct tooltip

Hah..
yafray placement and grouping incorrect

In what way? The Yafray controls have not been altered. Or is that your point?
[/i]