Tuhopuu3 / Windows (2005/01/19)

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

theeth

Post by theeth »

William wrote:Am I the only one who can no longer move or scale edges in edge mode?
Just downloaded gabio's build on a pc in the lab here and it worked ok. Does it happen everytime or just in certain situations?

Martin
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon

William

Post by William »

It always works if you use the toolbox for scaling, and on the default cube, all the vertical edges work as normal. The horisontal ones don't react to my S button.

I also experienced some very unpredictable scaling on Suzanne in edge mode.

I am using a new CVS version from Jan 23 on OSX. Maybe the transform code isn't enabled properly?

theeth

Post by theeth »

William wrote:I am using a new CVS version from Jan 23 on OSX. Maybe the transform code isn't enabled properly?
Ah, now we're getting somewhere. :)
I did some changes yesterday, I probably broke something (actually, thinking about it, I know where I broke it).

Martin
- John Lennon

Zsolt

Post by Zsolt »

Two bugs:
- Moving an object that has a TrackTo constraint is very weird, and not only in perspective mode. It moves on completely different axes than the way I move the cursor on the screen.
- What happened to Shift-A (ADD)??? Spacebar brings up the toolbox, but Shift-A does nothing.

Oh yeah, one more issue: since the object centers are represented by three lines instead of one pink/yellow dot, these three lines cover the edges that are exactly in line with them. IE: no matter how you rotate the 3D view, you can't see the edge, or tell wheteher its selected or not.

theeth

Post by theeth »

Just fixed Willian's and Zsolt's problem (just the ones related to transform).

Will commit tonight.

Martin
- John Lennon

phase

Post by phase »

Zsolt wrote:- What happened to Shift-A (ADD)??? Spacebar brings up the toolbox, but Shift-A does nothing.
Eek, forgot this while adding the 'Easy Toolbox'.
Fixing and committing now. Thanks for reporting !

levon

Post by levon »

hmmm, i was wondering, for some reason ive never had much luck compiling tuhopuu 3 in windows XP with cygwin using make, so i was wondering if there was anything special i have to do to get it to compile. i can compile the BF tree fine so i dont know whats different.

bmud

Post by bmud »

ok. The new right-mouse movement is awkward, but not totally bad. But I would like to express that I've always liked Blender's transform methods for being forever-in-limbo so I don't have to feel bad about wanting to rub my eyes, drinking some coffee.. et cetera. Granted, yes, i can still use GKEY. Thanks. But as aforementioned by a few other users already, RMB is universally, everywhere else in blender, a cancelling command. I'm not saying people can't adapt, but it is a direct (small perhaps) violation of the interface's logic.

There's also a little bit of glee I get from working with a 3d app one-handed. Applying pressure onto a mouse button, depending on the mouse (i have 3), can make a movement possibly inacurate.

Consider wireless mice that disconnect from their recievers once in a while. Perpetually holding RMB would potentially select another object in mid-transform and move it instead.

Even without disconnects, I've been grabbing/moving incorrect objects a lot already.. :(

Not to mention holding RMB for a period of 3 seconds by default makes the toolbox pop up disabling the action.. What if I had to think about where to move it, and it took me more than 3 seconds? *pop* hey... :(

Arthritis? Terrets? um.. I have a trackball that makes a rmb-drag fairly unpleasant, if that counts, not to mention the hand-position ends up being weird...

I know I'm way out on a limb for some of you.. but seriously consider all these factors. Sure, add it for the people who want it, but please please please put a toggle switch in "view & controls"

joeri

Post by joeri »

Wauw broken! Big kiss!

joeri

Post by joeri »

SamAdam wrote:hey now, i am one of the highest proponents of all of this new work!
:)

how is it spam?
"THE CLICK AND DRAG IS POSSIBLY THE BEST NEW FEATURE TO DATE."
sounds like spam to me. I think F12 is the best new feature. Okay, not so new. Best feature ever.

joeri

Post by joeri »

Is there going to be something to find small objects?

Scale the cube to 0,0,0 and you'll see what I mean.

Or is this an outliner thing?
Maybe shift-space can draw all object names. Or object names of (in outliner) selected objects.

Caronte

Post by Caronte »

joeri wrote:Is there going to be something to find small objects?

Maybe shift-space can draw all object names. Or object names of (in outliner) selected objects.
If you named correctly your object, you can find it very easy with SHIFT+F4
Caronte.
"Some Day, All Will Be Digital"
http://www.nicodigital.com

joeri

Post by joeri »

Caronte wrote:
joeri wrote:Is there going to be something to find small objects?

If you named correctly your object, you can find it very easy with SHIFT+F4
In the previous version of blender objects would have an (ugly) centerpoint, regardless of datacontent of the object and regardless of scale. With removal of this centerpoint there will be a risk of creating invisible/lost objects in 3d view. Sometimes imat objects will have scale 0 and disappear, I'm asking if this (possible) problem will be adressed in the 3d view.
I know no centerpoint is not a problem on your cube, but it is on lots of my 'empty' objects (ie objects that start with size 0, used as inverse material mappers) And no I don't want to select them with shift-F4.
Outliner is fine, but still it would be nice to see where in my scene the object is. (draw texspace works okay).
I'm also not very fond on the 'hee it's empty' circle 'cause I think the dotted 'TexSpace' drawmode is just fine.
Drawing the blue 'Axis' over the selection (RGB) axis is just plain ugly, but I think that will be adressed later.

The auto RMB popup is a nice , but I agree that it does not work well with RM vertex move. Maybe it should not pop while holding shift.

Zsolt

Post by Zsolt »

Another bug!
The "Move Object Centers Only" button in the 3D view header doesn't work.

bmud

Post by bmud »

if only the outliner had a search bar... then we'd be in buisness for that sort of thing.