Tuhopuu3 / Windows (2005/02/07)

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

blendix

Post by blendix »

LeeQid wrote:There's a problem with the UV/Image Viewer.

As long as all the borders of the loaded texture are inside the visible screen, everything is ok but as you zoom in, the vertices are beeing squashed and moved off their assigend points.

http://cs.fhm.edu/~ifw02147/tuhopuu-uv-editor-bug.jpg
Seems to work fine here. Could you try to load a background image in the 3D view, zoom in and see if the same things happens?

LeeQid

Post by LeeQid »

It's more or less the same thing. But I noticed that it's rather the image that gets disorted than the points of the geometry:
To be exact it doesn't seem to have anything to do with zoomin in and out. It seems to be connected with certain edges of the image moving out of the screen. It also only happens with the top and right edges.

New screenshots:
cs.fhm.edu/~ifw02147/uveditorbug/Page.html

blendix

Post by blendix »

This looks like a graphics card issue. If the error is also in bf-blender, you should post it in the bug tracker (in the menu on the left here). Make sure you mention your graphics card type and operating system.

-efbie-

Post by -efbie- »

i have this problem too since this tuhopuu. I have this in Bf also. Previous version don't have this bug, so i don't think it's a card issue

Yfkar

Post by Yfkar »

I had the same problem earlier with the preview window (Radeon 9600xt) but it went away, but zooming too much does cause distortion of the background image :cry:

theeth

Post by theeth »

@ner_ wrote:I have a Q: I know object centers were removed and it's mighty fine, but now the "move only object centers" option is not working. would it be fixed? cause I really like this feature :)
Yup, I'll have to fix that eventually.

Martin
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon

matt_e

Post by matt_e »

SamAdam/pinhead_66:

Thanks, most of those issues like the toggle buttons, panel stuff are already known, waiting for help from Ton since I don't know how to fix these myself.

SamAdam: About the colour picker: it doesn't need a 'done' button, just move your mouse outside the picker and it closes. Nice and quick.

pinhead_66: There's no such word as 'receiveds' :) Re. scaling lights, the idea is to kinda do the opposite - keep the circle at the same size and not increase the energy when the light is scaled, but have a hotkey or manipulator to change the energy in the 3D View. People sometimes scale up and down scenes because of import conversion probs, or to keep it all in clipping range, etc, so linking it to scale would mess up all the lighting in that case.

Currently working on integrating Williams texture buttons work...

SamAdam

Post by SamAdam »

broken wrote:SamAdam/pinhead_66:

Thanks, most of those issues like the toggle buttons, panel stuff are already known, waiting for help from Ton since I don't know how to fix these myself.

SamAdam: About the colour picker: it doesn't need a 'done' button, just move your mouse outside the picker and it closes. Nice and quick.

pinhead_66: There's no such word as 'receiveds' :) Re. scaling lights, the idea is to kinda do the opposite - keep the circle at the same size and not increase the energy when the light is scaled, but have a hotkey or manipulator to change the energy in the 3D View. People sometimes scale up and down scenes because of import conversion probs, or to keep it all in clipping range, etc, so linking it to scale would mess up all the lighting in that case.

Currently working on integrating Williams texture buttons work...
cool beans, thanks.

yay! 200 posts where it actually counts!
i doubt kansas can say that!

Zsolt

Post by Zsolt »

broken wrote:SamAdam/pinhead_66:
And who knows that? Well, I know Blender hasn't been known for its user-friendliness :) However, in most other software, (heck, even inside Blender!!!), when moving the cursor off from a popup and/or letting it close means "CANCEL", and not "OK". Who would suspect this is the way to apply a new colour (besides the one person who programmed it)? So I'd also like an OK, or Apply button.

malCanDo

Post by malCanDo »

> SamAdam: About the colour picker: it doesn't need a 'done' button, just move your mouse outside the picker and it closes. Nice and quick.

I think the colour button definitely needs an OK or Apply button, as well as a Reset button ( to reset to the original colour if you have changed it ).

Two simple buttons, but they would mean so much to so many ;)

Mal

Zsolt

Post by Zsolt »

Here's a bug for ya:

In the texture panel of the material buttons, when you activate an empty texture channel, the Copy to buffer and Paste from buffer buttons disappear. This basically makes them lose their function, as you can't copy a texture to a new, empty channel, only to one that already has a texture!

Blendorphin

Post by Blendorphin »

Zsolt wrote:Here's a bug for ya:

In the texture panel of the material buttons, when you activate an empty texture channel, the Copy to buffer and Paste from buffer buttons disappear. This basically makes them lose their function, as you can't copy a texture to a new, empty channel, only to one that already has a texture!
yep, i noticed this too :) i'm doing some polishing on the material buttons (organizing Flare and Dynamics panels) so i'll fix that up while i'm at it.

crsrma

Post by crsrma »

Small bug:

Exiting edit mode clears an edge selection, this doesn't apply to face or vertex selection modes.

edit: This is a known issue, thanks to Ton for clearing that up for me.

Another:

In proportional falloff mode, you can shift+o through vert, edge, face & standard soft/sharp options but there is no way to change to these modes from the falloff menu. I'm not certain if this is supposed to be hidden functionality like the softbody stuff. Thought I should mention it, though. It all seems to work fine otherwise.

Last edited by crsrma on Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

SHAMYL

Post by SHAMYL »

the grab move local shortcut dosn't work in any tuhopuu3???

@ner_

Post by @ner_ »

2 things:

1) metaballs are problematic - when I try to grab a ball that is not the prime ball (first ball in the scene) only the bounding sphere is moving but in order to refresh the whole thing I must enter edit mode and leave it. Also in edit mode it's impossible to size the metaobject.

2) Local transformation feature is not working properly (i.e. not working at all)