Bf-blender / OsX 10.3-CVS (2005-02-28) Experimental XCode

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

lukep

Bf-blender / OsX 10.3-CVS (2005-02-28) Experimental XCode

Post by lukep » Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:17 pm

A new bf build (with new transform) is available here

http://jlp.nerim.net/dev/blender-CVS2.36--0228.zip

Important notice : this is a new build system using Apple XCode. When finished, this will allow non coders to build friendly from CVS as long they have the dev tools installed (which are free and included with Os X).

It is so very important to test that all functions works. This pass the regression suite but experience show that we cant catch all bugs this way.

no player. the texture and sequence plug-in may not work (not tested) but this is "normal"

Money_YaY!

Post by Money_YaY! » Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:14 am

I will test right away... But do you also have plans to implement this into tuhopuu ? Tuhopuu seems to be getting the most development right now .

Money_YaY!

Post by Money_YaY! » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:55 am

first log:

size and move on the Y and X axis is really strange when in front andside view under flat and distort view (key 5)

stratacator

Post by stratacator » Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:20 am

Thanks for the build. So far the new transform looks great. I love that the finer grid snap (shift-ctl) is now actually usable. Also, I'm really excited about the Xcode system. Keep up the good work, everyone.

solmax

Post by solmax » Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:07 pm

this is very good news, luke - i'll test it as soon as i can.

theeth

Post by theeth » Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:15 pm

Money_YaY! wrote:first log:

size and move on the Y and X axis is really strange when in front andside view under flat and distort view (key 5)
I can't reproduce. It used to not work correctly in perspective mode (flat = orthogonal, distort = perspective, FYI) but that was fixed last sunday.
Can't you be more precise than "strange"?

Martin
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon

Money_YaY!

Post by Money_YaY! » Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:58 pm

theeth wrote:

I can't reproduce. It used to not work correctly in perspective mode (flat = orthogonal, distort = perspective, FYI) but that was fixed last sunday.

Martin
when did you start on osx ?? Just curious I thought you were windows builder/user

Anyway I have now tested it on two machines. Same thing.
make a cube change view to the front (key1) press S then press z<-- works fine, press x<-- works fine, press y<-- sizes and acts weird to infinity size in that axis ... all others size slowly and small like normal.

theeth

Post by theeth » Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:10 pm

Money_YaY! wrote:
theeth wrote:

when did you start on osx ?? Just curious I thought you were windows builder/user
Uh? Where did I say I was working on OS X?!
The transform code is as platform independant as can be, the OS is irrelevent in the tests.
Money_YaY! wrote:Anyway I have now tested it on two machines. Same thing.
make a cube change view to the front (key1) press S then press z<-- works fine, press x<-- works fine, press y<-- sizes and acts weird to infinity size in that axis ... all others size slowly and small like normal.
I can't reproduce at all. Maybe Jean-Luc did his build before my commit on sunday (though that would be surprising as the thread date is from yesterday).

Martin
- John Lennon

Money_YaY!

Post by Money_YaY! » Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:35 pm

theeth wrote: Uh? Where did I say I was working on OS X?!
The transform code is as platform independant as can be, the OS is irrelevent in the tests.
Oh I was just under the impression that all of your new transform stuff was only in tuhopuu. This build does not have the new widget if it is suppose to. Otherwise still testing...

lukep

Post by lukep » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:48 pm

theeth wrote:
Money_YaY! wrote:Anyway I have now tested it on two machines. Same thing.
I can't reproduce at all. Maybe Jean-Luc did his build before my commit on sunday (though that would be surprising as the thread date is from yesterday).
can confirm here. it happens only in scaling from view facing Y (1 on pad). The value goes to infinity when selecting Y (but get back to normal value if you change the constraint). Now applying a constraint make no sense (you can view the feedback) but it is certainly a bug.

Now, it is the same build which is subject to the great build warnings massacre, ( 1000+ so far, 100 to go), so perhaps i borked something in the process. But i normally not touched the transform code.

theeth

Post by theeth » Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:16 pm

Then I must have fixed it today. Could you check if it still does it after applying my latest commit?

Martin
- John Lennon

Money_YaY!

Post by Money_YaY! » Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:39 pm

next note:
Do you have a dual g5 ? I tested the new threading feature but nothing seems faster yet.

lukep

Post by lukep » Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:34 am

theeth wrote:Then I must have fixed it today. Could you check if it still does it after applying my latest commit?

Martin
Still there. i have probable broken something when patching the warnings. not unexpected.

Sound like an unitialized var to me.

secundar

camera "Lens" -> "Scale"

Post by secundar » Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:08 pm

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere. I just opened a file with this build and noticed the camera was off - way off. I compared the file in the official 2.36 release and noticed a difference under the Editing button (F9) in the Camera Panel.

In 2.36 "Lens: 60.85" is now "Scale 4.21" in this CVS version.

lukep

Re: camera "Lens" -> "Scale"

Post by lukep » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:03 pm

secundar wrote:Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere. I just opened a file with this build and noticed the camera was off - way off. I compared the file in the official 2.36 release and noticed a difference under the Editing button (F9) in the Camera Panel.

In 2.36 "Lens: 60.85" is now "Scale 4.21" in this CVS version.

Can someone confirm ? I dont have this here