Tuhopuu3 / OS X (2005/03/02)

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Money_YaY!

Tuhopuu3 / OS X (2005/03/02)

Post by Money_YaY! »

NOW PLEASE PLEASE test this and tell me if it works... I need to know if it works or gives all sorts of stupid errors or does not start at all..

If it does not start at all then please go to your applications folder then utilities folder then the app called console And post that data here so I can see what is wrong.

^v^
Last edited by Money_YaY! on Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:16 am, edited 3 times in total.

stratacator

Post by stratacator »

Well, it launches, at least. I don't have time to test it, but it looks like everything went fine. So, thanks! I'm guessing you used the new Xcode build system. If so, can you tell me how you went about it? I'd like to start contributing builds as well.

By the way, do you know if this has the new transform? I want to say no, because the fine grid snap (Shift+Ctl) is "sluggish" again, which I don't like at all. By again I mean as compared with the Bf build posted to this forum a few days ago.

Money_YaY!

Post by Money_YaY! »

I used scons it was bloody easy ! I mean it is useally slow as nails. or gives me lots of errors I was scarded that it would suck dirt and I would be spending days tinkering with it...

now I do wait for Lukeps Xcode build into CVS so I can test build that. I really just want that as then I can try again at code and do test builds faster....

Tutorial very short.
Download Bf or Tuhopuu CVS
Download the Lib file in BF CVS
install Scons from scons.org
cd to the build cvs file tuhopuu or bf and invoke this command
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/bin/scons

it will comlain about .a files out of date. Copy those links directories all that way up to the file name type in ranlib (a space) and paste the link hit enter.
Do that to the 9 that apear then use the command /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/bin/scons again !
Dats all :D

matt_e

Post by matt_e »

Well done. As a hint, I've found that using:

Code: Select all

scons --implicit-cache
speeds things up considerably.

By the way, I've made this thread sticky, and edited the title to the consistent format. Please do this yourself next time.

Cheers

gabio

Post by gabio »

broken wrote:Well done. As a hint, I've found that using:

Code: Select all

scons --implicit-cache
speeds things up considerably.

By the way, I've made this thread sticky, and edited the title to the consistent format. Please do this yourself next time.

Cheers
The hot-to of posting build is the sticky... Bah he never read stickies anyway :P
Thanks broken for this tips. gonna try it soon.

ev3rywh3re

Re: Tuhopuu3 / OS X (2005/03/02)

Post by ev3rywh3re »

I just got a new powerbook three weeks ago, so this was a good way to break it in :D Very fast. No obvious bugs. I only did some minor extrudes at first, but I decided to try it out on an old character animation I've been kicking around since Blender's first release... just some eyes blinking.. some oversampling.. it's just a mess.. :shock:

12 frame quicktime animation at 520x248.

Tuhopuu3 -
took about 12 - 13 minute
Average cpu- 60% mem-130m threads-3

2.36 - same file saved from T3
took about 15 - 16 minutes
Average cpu- 50% mem- 110m threads-1

Money_YaY!

Post by Money_YaY! »

question, can anyone get the new transform thing to work ? i dont see anything different other than a weird set of bars in the center of my model..

theeth

Post by theeth »

Could you be any less precise? :roll:

Martin
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon

Money_YaY!

Post by Money_YaY! »

eh? I just meant that there are some axis bars in the middle of my mesh now. They do not do anything like other apps do, I did try the middlemouse button and right click. So I am just guessing that i missed something in the cvs or itisa combo hotkey...
I am just acting on first instinct on what the new things do. Care to share some insight?

theeth

Post by theeth »

Those are not part of the transform refactor, they just replace the center dot. Read the wiki.

Martin
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon

Money_YaY!

Post by Money_YaY! »

oh I see it is a new pop up ... This could also go into the floating menu then, would be much faster than holding middle mouse button down, and fits in the transform tools already present in that float menu.

Some mice no matter how cool and great they are, there middle mouse clcik some times feels like pressing on a rock, very bad for continuous use, a simple selection in the floating menu would work perfectly for left clickers...

secundar

Post by secundar »

:cry: Link above doesnt work. I get a 404.

Money_YaY!

Post by Money_YaY! »

ya I nuked it awaiting the tuhopuu bf merge.. should be soon guesses.... Hav eto keep the server load down. I will post again when there is a new something in tuhopuu..

cekuhnen

Post by cekuhnen »

cannot you upload it again? or can you send me an email with the file, so i could upload/mirrow it on my website?

claas

Money_YaY!

Post by Money_YaY! »

Sorry about the wait,, I have been wanting to add the new He mesh tools here.. they are almost done