bf-blender / Windows (2005/03/23)

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

TorQ

Post by TorQ » Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:51 am

They can always PUT IT BACK!

crsrma

Post by crsrma » Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:25 am

dmao wrote: 1) clicking on the center of the scale widget (without moving the mouse) scales the selection 2%
I've noticed this as well, happens somewhat differently in object & edit modes, don't think it's a constant of a 2% scaling either. The results seem to vary depending on zoom & view rotation.

This would be a good place to have a cycle key as opposed to GRS switching, IMO. The center being dual purpose leads to all sorts of messiness, the eye tends to wander & some slight translations can go unnoticed initially. I think it may be good to tie this functionality in somewhat like the rotation/scaling pivots. Possibly changing the "," key to cycle pivot options, and "." key for coordinates.

Hopefully all this feedback isn't overwhelming, seems many things are just being restated. I'm confident that you'll eventually tie up the loose ends considering how everything works in usage, not just on paper.

Napoleon

Post by Napoleon » Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:30 pm

Hi gabio when is your linux build going to come out? There is one by -efbie- but the CCGsubsurf insn't activated plus the game engine isnt activated either.

thanks and enjoy the holidays! :D

Oh also any pointers to where i can find a recent documentation on how to build blender on linux using scons. BTW i run Ubuntu if its any use in answering my question.

gaiamuse

Post by gaiamuse » Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:29 pm

I love the widgets with the transform button! I don't mind using the CTL key to cycle through the widgets though others do. It makes no difference to me if I use one or several keys to use them, I really like these widgets!
Quote:
Problem: there's no visual feedback on whether you're in local mode or global.

Yup. Would be nice to have.
Same here. I think it is essential that when clicking the ball in the center that there is immediate visual cue for local and global. Perhaps the widgets for local can use different colors than global, and when using either, the lower right side of the 3d Window has:
Local: Size: 1.000 SizeY and Global: Size: 1.000 Size Y

I find these widgets better to manipulate than using the GRS keys and middle mouse button to choose a particular widget with the white line. These seem to jump all over--I have less control in using them.

Another post mentioned the zoom in and out issue with the widgets. I too think this needs to be fixed. When zooming out the widget gets bigger and when zooming in the widgets get smaller. It should be the opposite and in relation to the object.

Also, I have notice that clicking the center of the scale widget increases the object slightly.

Overall, I hope the widgets with the transform button stay. With a little bit of tweeking they are going to be invaluable to Blender. Absolutely great work coders!

gaiamuse

gabio

Post by gabio » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:37 pm

Napoleon wrote:Hi gabio when is your linux build going to come out? There is one by -efbie- but the CCGsubsurf insn't activated plus the game engine isnt activated either.

thanks and enjoy the holidays! :D

Oh also any pointers to where i can find a recent documentation on how to build blender on linux using scons. BTW i run Ubuntu if its any use in answering my question.
Hi,
thanks, I really enjoyed, it was my birth day today.
Doc on building on linux: look here first:
http://blender3d.org/cms/Building_with_SCons.137.0.html
Shouldn't be too difficult on unbutu, you need root priviledge to install python 3.5, scons. To build ccgsubsurf(if it didn't changed since last friday, go in Sconstruct file and in the linux2 section(the first one), check for a define[] line, change it for defines = ['USE_CCGSUBSURFLIB']. Game engine get it own switch you can put it on by seting use_gameengine = 'true'