bf-blender / Windows (2005/03/28)

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

gabio

Re: Is ODE enabled?

Post by gabio » Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:54 am

fobsta wrote:I can't get ODE to work with the Game Engine.

I had a quick word with a very busy Erwin and he said that maybe this build hasn't got ODE incorporated?

Is it a big job to build Blender and ODE?

cheers
I tried. Sadly it's not compiling under scons right now. like tuhopuu anyway. :cry:

joeri

Post by joeri » Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:40 am

I was wondering if the layer-lock still works correctly.
As I understood I could change layer settings with the lock off and have F12 still use the locked layer settings. This seems broken.

pa_furijaz

Post by pa_furijaz » Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:34 am

Before thanks for All this works.
8)
The login on bug traker not work for me.

Blender Crash, when is started the rendering of the file linked below.
Crashing with the simple lamp, and GI illumination.

http://members.fortunecity.it/pafurijaz/Files.html

solmax

Post by solmax » Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:41 pm

please, take CTRL out for transform cycling! this is the ugliest UI hack ever! it's uncomfortable.

G,R,S was just fine. BTW I see no reason to mix both transform methods if there is a fast way to switch between them. So in handle mode GRS switch transform type and pressing/releasing LMB executes it. on the other side, the "old" transform works as usual - GRS execute the corresponding action immediately. what's so wrong with that?

kakapo

Post by kakapo » Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:49 pm

solmax wrote:BTW I see no reason to mix both transform methods if there is a fast way to switch between them. So in handle mode GRS switch transform type and pressing/releasing LMB executes it. on the other side, the "old" transform works as usual - GRS execute the corresponding action immediately. what's so wrong with that?
i agree!

but when using handles there should also be a selection mode because the handles can be in the way while selecting stuff. for example in maya there are 4 hotkeys -> q w e r | select move rotate scale.

Bellorum

Post by Bellorum » Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:15 pm

please, take CTRL out for transform cycling! this is the ugliest UI hack ever! it's uncomfortable.

G,R,S was just fine. BTW I see no reason to mix both transform methods if there is a fast way to switch between them. So in handle mode GRS switch transform type and pressing/releasing LMB executes it. on the other side, the "old" transform works as usual - GRS execute the corresponding action immediately. what's so wrong with that?
I'd use g,r and s to switch like with normal transform, and CTRL to switch between normal transform and widget. But all complaints are still being ignored, so I don't see the point in complaining anymore.
There's no such thing as democracy. There's only the tyranny of one, and the tyranny of many.

DYeater

Post by DYeater » Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:00 pm

Sorry, this should be put into the bug tracker ... if it is a bug ... seems to be one to me. When I try to render with rgba and premul, the saved png file does not have an alpha channel. I've tried several renders with no go.

Just thought somebody would want to know.

solmax

Post by solmax » Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:07 pm

Bellorum wrote: I'd use g,r and s to switch like with normal transform, and CTRL to switch between normal transform and widget. But all complaints are still being ignored, so I don't see the point in complaining anymore.
there is already SHIFT+SPACE to switch between old skool transform and handles.

I strongly hope this will be changed again. I have no problems at all with most other shortcuts (though costomization here would be great), but this one is uncomfortable and doesn't make sense at all - to me and to many others, too.

marin

Bellorum

Post by Bellorum » Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:29 pm

I'm aware of that, but using space in a keycombo is almost as bad as cycling for widgets, imo.
There's no such thing as democracy. There's only the tyranny of one, and the tyranny of many.

solmax

Post by solmax » Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:35 pm

Bellorum wrote:
I'm aware of that, but using space in a keycombo is almost as bad as cycling for widgets, imo.
hm, disagree - one of the most comfortable IMO.

dmao

Post by dmao » Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:16 pm

theeth wrote: I fail to see how R+R is harder than R+MMB, you finger is already on the Rkey...
Your other finger's already on the mouse too ;) It's not harder, it just feels a bit unnatural to me. How do other people feel about it? I may be alone in this
theeth wrote: It's either that or a separate hotkey.
You're right about that... At least the user should be told through the status bar since it's such a special case. Like when doing a loopcut- "(f)lip side | (s)mooth off | (p)roportional off" shows up on the status bar. It could be something like (r)otate freely off
theeth wrote: Any idea how a one motion workflow might work?
Internally, mouse movement would be interpreted as trackball movement. Only the axis with the most change would actually get the rotation though. So if you rotated an object with trackball motion (10,-50,20) on the x,y,z axes, only the Y axis rotation would be used since it's the strongest.
theeth wrote: Trackball rotate has two axis of freedom (x and y view axis), how would that translate to 3 global (or even local) axis?
True that it's only x&y view axis, but you can effect rotations in all 3 axes anyway. It may be harder to select the desired axis depending on the view, but it's the same way with the current MMB constraints- If you're looking at an object nearly head on, it can be difficult to select the y axis. In which case you have the X,Y,Z key constraints to fall back on.

ZanQdo

Post by ZanQdo » Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:49 am

I'm begenning to like it this way (Ctrl for switching widgets). Yesterday I model a LOT, and it was very good to have the widgets in grab/normal all the time in one window, rotate/normal from 3Dcursor in another and using the common grab/scale/rotate hotkeys as usual whenever I want without changing the widgets mode. The Ctrl cycle mode maybe is not the best way to do it but I like widgets having diferent hotkeys than g,r,s

Thank you coders for all this features, especialy the normal mode, and the contraint along two axis, I use them like crazy last night :D

Sorry for my english