bf-blender / Windows (2005/04/04)

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

SamAdam

Post by SamAdam » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:57 pm

i also prefer rt 6.

try opening the blend from that above post about triangulation and change drawtype to the top one in the list.

Pierre-Luc_Auclair

Post by Pierre-Luc_Auclair » Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:02 am

I really like RT6.

Couldn't full widget and no widget co-exist ?

When you activate widgets SGR would be widget switch and when you don't have them activated it's the default (old) way of working ? Someone explain me why it can't be this way. It just seems more logical to me this way.

I was thinking, why not use the C button for constraint instead of Y (or just add it; C and Y = Y constraint) ? It would be closer to the Z and X which are side by side.

Delta

Post by Delta » Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:27 am

hrmmm... i cant download the build anymore...

i could dl it at school but now i can only download about 288 kb before the download suddenly stops.

Regards,
~Delta

TorQ

Post by TorQ » Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:42 am

one of the problems with having the widget toggle on CTRL is that when you hit CTRL+Z to undo it changes the transfor type.

DYeater

Post by DYeater » Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:53 am

I can't get the build either :cry:

crsrma

Post by crsrma » Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:49 am

Could someone possibly try an rt option for something different with the widget cycling?

My suggestion is for an override of standard GRS commands while in widget mode, having those keys work as mode switches. It worked well in an earlier build, much less conflict overall than in the current.

I'd go on about the cycling's shortcomings in everyday usage, however, I don't want to come off as ungrateful.

venomgfx

Post by venomgfx » Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:39 am

first of all, thank you very much for this build gabio!

and thanks to all the developers for this awesome work, but.. please.. anybody cares about what i've posted here? :(
http://blender.org/modules.php?op=modlo ... c7e7e9660f

if it doesn't makes sense (i know my english is very bad), i could ask a friend to post it..

i know that you're improving in SB and all that.. but these was some old things that are VERY good and usefull!!!!!
please, at least don't take that off in official 2.37..

venomgfx

-efbie-

Post by -efbie- » Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:02 am

I think that you should fill a bug in the bugtracker about that. things written on the forums are often forgetted by developpers. As it breaks a "previous" feature, i think it can be considered as a bug (tell me if i'm wrong)

thoro

Post by thoro » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:37 am

Thank you for this build.

Aah, the Softbody interface is much better now - and a Wind force? Great!

I still prefer the rt:0 version of the widgets - I'm currently doing much modelling and the new widgets are a great help. The only crit I have is that the center ball's colours for Global/Local switching should differ more (by using a higher contrast or maybe changing colours or shape instead of using grey values). It's sometimes hard to see if you're in Global or Local mode - in rt:6 version, I can't see a change at all.

By the way, in the meantime I got used to the CTRL-Key for switching :D.

modron

Post by modron » Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:14 am

there seems to be a problem with the download. the first time i tried it, the last bit of the file was missing, and after that i just got about 450kb or so.

gabio

Post by gabio » Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:51 pm

modron wrote:there seems to be a problem with the download. the first time i tried it, the last bit of the file was missing, and after that i just got about 450kb or so.
I did download it w/o any problem here. and i'm at school behind a very strick proxy. did you retry again? Also cleaning your cache and saving under a different name may help under IE.

logan666

Post by logan666 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:27 pm

Is the fullscreen button going to be left behind in the final release ? :shock:

etienneL

Post by etienneL » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:29 pm

Hey everyone,
Like modron not possible to download the build (stopping round 400 kb).
I want to thank Gabio for the regular builds he give us and the developpers team as well.
So much functionalities in a so light soft, you are champions dudes...

Bellorum

Post by Bellorum » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:31 pm

logan666 wrote:Is the fullscreen button going to be left behind in the final release ? :shock:
Hardly likely, unfortunately :(
There's no such thing as democracy. There's only the tyranny of one, and the tyranny of many.

bertram

Post by bertram » Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:22 pm

Bellorum wrote:
logan666 wrote:Is the fullscreen button going to be left behind in the final release ? :shock:
Hardly likely, unfortunately :(
For what reason???
Why is such a great functionallity dropped? I have no understanding for this!