bf-blender / Windows (2005/04/04)

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

gabio

Post by gabio »

bertram wrote:
Bellorum wrote:
logan666 wrote:Is the fullscreen button going to be left behind in the final release ? :shock:
Hardly likely, unfortunately :(
For what reason???
Why is such a great functionallity dropped? I have no understanding for this!
then you don't have the buggy video card.

dgebel

Post by dgebel »

Can someone point me to HOW to use the new widgets? There's nothing I can see in the menus yet
Something about RT #, ctrl, its too much for my little brain.

Delta

Post by Delta »

Can someone point me to HOW to use the new widgets? There's nothing I can see in the menus yet
Something about RT #, ctrl, its too much for my little brain.
its easy:

1) press [ctrl]+[space]

2) select an object/vert/whatever in the 3dview

3) YAY! the widget showed up! check out the nifty move widget by clicking on one of the arrows and dragging it...

4) press [ctrl] to cycle through the grab/rotate/scale widgets

~
btw, i still cant download

im on a 28.8 kbps modem using firefox, if that helps...
~

i also checked out the softbody stuff in school, WICKED cool stuff...

Regards,
~Delta

oyster

Post by oyster »

Is there a way to use the new widgets by menu/other key combination instaed of press ctrl+space? some application used ctrl+space, and I cannot find and free it

Zsolt

Post by Zsolt »

oyster wrote:Is there a way to use the new widgets by menu/other key combination instaed of press ctrl+space? some application used ctrl+space, and I cannot find and free it
Yes, an icon of a hand, on the header of the 3DView.

oyster

Post by oyster »

Thanx, that is cool and i love it. If the number is displayed on the widget other than on the status bar, it becomes more cool!

Skelet

Post by Skelet »

Very bueatyful! Only thing in the wishlis is to make gravity negative to, it will help to create gelatine like objects (mabe there allready is way to do it, but now I have to flip all scene except softbody)
The Skelet

llunasol

Post by llunasol »

gabio wrote:
bertram wrote:
Bellorum wrote: Hardly likely, unfortunately :(
For what reason???
Really this feature is going to be dropped? I can't understand, is it causing the bug? otherwise I can't see any sense on dropping it. I'm desolated :cry:

on

Post by on »

Great work everyone. Is it true that the softbodies are still awaiting a "bake" option so that they can be rendered? Or am I missing something?

on

Zsolt

Post by Zsolt »

Hmm, I can't seem to download it either, tried from home, and from school too, I get to various percents, but never all the way.

Anyways, about the full-screen feature: I miss it, however, there were systems where simply clicking the button crashed Blender, ie: a BUG, not something to leave in the program, I mean think of a new user to Blender, he tries clicking around on the buttons on the header, and bammm! CRASH! Better to leave it out.
BTW, might I remind everyone of another feature that was taken out (well, hidden, actually) for similar reasons: the image preview when loading textures.

MikeHart

Post by MikeHart »

Can't download it fully either. From different providers, allways different sizes but never fully.

theeth

Post by theeth »

Zsolt wrote:Anyways, about the full-screen feature: I miss it, however, there were systems where simply clicking the button crashed Blender, ie: a BUG, not something to leave in the program, I mean think of a new user to Blender, he tries clicking around on the buttons on the header, and bammm! CRASH! Better to leave it out.
BTW, might I remind everyone of another feature that was taken out (well, hidden, actually) for similar reasons: the image preview when loading textures.
For exactly the same reasons, actually.

Martin
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon

joeri

Post by joeri »

theeth wrote:
Zsolt wrote:Anyways, about the full-screen feature: I miss it, however, there were systems where simply clicking the button crashed Blender, ie: a BUG, not something to leave in the program, I mean think of a new user to Blender, he tries clicking around on the buttons on the header, and bammm! CRASH! Better to leave it out.
For exactly the same reasons, actually.

Martin
Bad practice, if everything that didn't worked got taken out of blender then there would be no blender.
Better practice is to fix the bug. Come on zuster; fix it, fix it!

What bothers me the most is that current blender developers favour new users before old users. It would be to off-topic to rant about that, and I think most of you know my point of view on that anyway.

Anyway, about the widget: it sucks! haha, no realy, it's lovely, but it has got some flaws. When rotating an object the mouse input is a perfect circle, even if the widget is an oval. bad! The object should "stick" to the cursor, not to this imaginairy circle (or why have the widget after activating a rotation?).
The grey pie area should start where I grab the rotation widget (not on some axis blender finds important) and follow the cursor (not draw the pie I'm making in my perfect screen circle that I don't see).

I made a sketch:

logan666

Post by logan666 »

llunasol wrote:
gabio wrote:
bertram wrote: For what reason???
Really this feature is going to be dropped? I can't understand, is it causing the bug? otherwise I can't see any sense on dropping it. I'm desolated :cry:
Too bad to know fullscreen is going to be disabled. It is really a great experience to work full screen with Blender :cry: besides it allows to get the maximum performace from a high res monitor

SamAdam

Post by SamAdam »

logan666 wrote:
llunasol wrote:
gabio wrote: then you don't have the buggy video card.
Too bad to know fullscreen is going to be disabled. It is really a great experience to work full screen with Blender :cry: besides it allows to get the maximum performace from a high res monitor
it isn't!
use blender.exe -w iirc, use -h to get more info
simply modify your shortcut link.
just the button is gone.