Tuhopuu3 / Windows (2005/04/07)

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

JA-forreal

Post by JA-forreal » Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:51 am

Yes thanks Gabio and much thanks to joeedh. I have been alt-cing jumping in and out of "He mesh" mode converting back and forth crash free unless I try some crazy bridging stuff. This stuff is great! I'm testing it out for a new shake at city environment building. Using this new method in combination with using the new bridge feature for cuting windows and standard mesh knife cuts for building the frameworks for walls and doors, I can speed up my old way of working! I'm going to add this new style of workflow to my Blender production setup. Wow!

Blend on!

venomgfx

Re: Tuhopuu3 / Windows (2005/04/07)

Post by venomgfx » Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:57 am

gabio wrote:---------------------------------------
This package containe only the latest bin:
Download me!
yay!! Dial up users says thanks! :D

ZanQdo

Post by ZanQdo » Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:57 am

WOW the new sub-surf weights are extremely good :shock: :shock:

I like the way widgets are implemented :wink:

oyster

Post by oyster » Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:16 pm

bug:
plz check bullx's http://www.idstudio.it/bullx/blender/soft_test.blend. It does not do sb in this build

bleen

Post by bleen » Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:34 pm

hey gabio...a very cool build!!!
i like the "new" way of the turntable rotation, it´s now like normal apps ;)
keep the work up!

bleen

btw: widgets: i miss a centerpoint for "free" grab!

rednelb

Post by rednelb » Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:13 am

guys, guys! thank you very much for the turntable!

matt_e

Post by matt_e » Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:13 am

Pierre-Luc_Auclair wrote:Could normals be displayed with a gradient colour ? Like the combo select types ?
Yep :) Not a bad idea, could help to see the direction better. Now testing it in tuhopuu cvs.

Zsolt

Post by Zsolt » Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:47 pm

Just a small, but in cases very useful idea:
Could the Show Edge Lengths be modified so that the edges which are only "half-selected", ie: one end vertex is selected, also show the length?
I mean when I need precise modelling, I modify an edge by moving one end vertex, and I want to be able to see it's length change as I move it, which doesn't happen in the current version. I would give a BIG THANKS to any coder who could change this! :)

DYeater

Post by DYeater » Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:42 pm

Zsolt wrote:Just a small, but in cases very useful idea:
Could the Show Edge Lengths be modified so that the edges which are only "half-selected", ie: one end vertex is selected, also show the length?
I mean when I need precise modelling, I modify an edge by moving one end vertex, and I want to be able to see it's length change as I move it, which doesn't happen in the current version. I would give a BIG THANKS to any coder who could change this! :)
Funny you should mention that ...

Check this out

Great minds think alike? :)

JoOngle

Post by JoOngle » Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:39 am

First off ...

The BRIDGE tool seems absolutely GREAT (when it doesnt crash...wich it does 95 percent of the time).

Can´t wait until this modelling mode becomes a part of Blender (when it doesn´t crash all the time).

Great effort guys! :D Looks really exciting!

Edit: More bugs...

- When you try to animate, and you "leftarrow" back to say...frame -59
and Alt + A (animate) , the animation counter gets all garbled (lots of pixels ...like displaying another graphics area...in form of pixels...pretty much like a commodore-64 sprite without graphic-data)
until it reaches frame 1 and counts normally.

Delta

Post by Delta » Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:46 am

following up on joOngle's post...

i for one am very annoyed at the fact that [downarrow] can now take you into the negatives, as this is rather confusing...

but its just a small gripe of mine

Regards,
~Delta

Zsolt

Post by Zsolt » Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:38 am

DYeater: I guess they do :) Thanks for the link to that thread!

Another teeny-weeny little thing: the center circle has disappeared from the translate widget, which is good, you can now see the vertex you're moving. But now there's no way to switch coordinate systems (local/global)! You have to switch to another widget, click on the little ball, and then cycle back with ctrl.
This issue I think awaits a real solution for all the widgets, like a button on the header, or for example the "hand" icon could be a popup menu to select the coordinate system.

btw: the bridge tool crashes all the time for me too. But other than that, HE mesh is great!

edit: negatives bother me too! I actually see now use for them.
I got used to simply holding down the down arrow or the left arrow to automatically cycle back to the first frame, well, not anymore. Sometimes I need something to start in the negative numbers, but that has been possible before, too (like moving IPOs to negative frames).

joeedh

Post by joeedh » Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:46 pm

JoOngle wrote:First off ...

The BRIDGE tool seems absolutely GREAT (when it doesnt crash...wich it does 95 percent of the time).
Do you mean it crashes Blender, or that it pops up an error message saying "Unsolvable Mesh"? if the latter, then the problem comes from the orientation-solver I wrote (which needs to be fixed).

joeedh

JoOngle

Post by JoOngle » Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:10 pm

joeedh:

It Crashes completely (no error messages, just boom-gone)

ysvry

Post by ysvry » Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:01 pm

yes had it crash too after bridge.