bf-blender / Windows & Linux (2005/05/02)

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

gabio

Post by gabio »

malefico wrote:Thanks Gabio as always !

I'm trying to figure out how to move a vertex constraint to a plane using the widgets. Apparently it only works for scaling (I mean planar constraint using SHIFT key).

Is it so ? :?

PS: BTW, the normal alignment JUST ROCKS !!!
no, using shift on any type of widget should bring the planar constraint on the other two.

madcello

Post by madcello »

Finally an improvement to the DXF importer!!

Just 2 things.

First, i've made a test dxf with a few curves. When i start the cvs and import the file, it work fine, but if i start new project (CTRL+X) and import the same file, it gives a diferent result, incorrect one. If the dxf is needed, just say.

Second - Could be possible to put an ask question for how many divisions (verts) in the imported curves? Like when we create a circle it asks how many verts.

Just a 2 and a half.
Beziers can be subdivided and they keep the same curve (witch is very good), how about the inverse feature? (ex: we have a curve with 5 vertices and reduce to 4 or 3). For low poly modeling it will be just fantastic!!

Thank you for all the new features (hope i can get the inspiration to give a good use to them).

malefico

Post by malefico »

gabio wrote: no, using shift on any type of widget should bring the planar constraint on the other two.
Hum... then, it is broken (?). I have compiled from CVS and it only works for scaling vertices... :? I assume it DOES work in your system... have you checked ?

Bellorum

Post by Bellorum »

malefico wrote:
gabio wrote: no, using shift on any type of widget should bring the planar constraint on the other two.
Hum... then, it is broken (?). I have compiled from CVS and it only works for scaling vertices... :? I assume it DOES work in your system... have you checked ?
Doesn't work for me either.
There's no such thing as democracy. There's only the tyranny of one, and the tyranny of many.

theeth

Post by theeth »

Bellorum wrote:
malefico wrote:
Doesn't work for me either.
I downloaded gabio's linux build just to be sure and it works ok with both the manipulator and normal transform. Must be something you're not doing correctly.

I'd do a video capture to show how I do it just to be sure, but I can't do that at school right now. :?

Martin
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon

Bellorum

Post by Bellorum »

Just would like to point out that I'm using the windows build, but since Malefico had the same problem, I thought I'd post here. Anyway, it seems to be working now. Don't know why it didn't work before:/
There's no such thing as democracy. There's only the tyranny of one, and the tyranny of many.

malefico

Post by malefico »

OK OK, now I see what was the problem, view was misleading. Using SHIFT+V to align view shows it correctly. Sorry for scaring you ! :D

Apollux

Post by Apollux »

Gavio, I downloaded the XtrafilesCVS from your page.... came out empty when examined with ARK and in Karchiver.. you migh want to take a second look at it.

Even worse, both the Blender and the Tohopuu linux versions from your page uncompressed corrupted, so they won't start.

Bellorum

Post by Bellorum »

Apollux wrote:Gavio, I downloaded the XtrafilesCVS from your page.... came out empty when examined with ARK and in Karchiver.. you migh want to take a second look at it.

Even worse, both the Blender and the Tohopuu linux versions from your page uncompressed corrupted, so they won't start.
Try to download them again. I've had this problem before.

kidb

Post by kidb »

Bellorum wrote:
Apollux wrote:Gavio, I downloaded the XtrafilesCVS from your page.... came out empty when examined with ARK and in Karchiver.. you migh want to take a second look at it.

Or use a mirror:
http://blendertestbuilds.kidb.de/index. ... 502_gabio/
http://blendertestbuilds.kidb.de/

Bellorum

Post by Bellorum »

kidb wrote:
Bellorum wrote:

Or use a mirror:
http://blendertestbuilds.kidb.de/
That works too. Maybe gabio could add that too his first post, so people don't have to look for them:)

GreyBeard

Post by GreyBeard »

Two small problems -- When moving a vertex constrained on an axis the new way the axis is drawn completely covers up the vertex so you can't see where it is moving to and I sometimes have to turn subsurf on and off for the smoothing to look correct with the new faster mesh editing.

The new normal constraint is wonderful as is the new way the edge lengths are shown when a single vertex is selected (an old pet peeve of mine). Are "view" constraints still going to be implemented in this release?

GreyBeard

Apollux

Post by Apollux »

It seems like I've been out of the CVS for longer that I tough... on this new CVS i see that both SUMO and ODE are available, something that I find very good.

It is planed to keep it that way for 2.37 or this is something that will stay in the CVS only?

kidb

Post by kidb »

Hi gabio,
would you like to contact me? mail to kidb at kidb dot de.
thanks, gell.

ysvry

Post by ysvry »

found the same bug as greybeard that a vertice is invisible while moving along the selected axis and that in a file my background (blueprints)pics and multiple windows disapeared also had an crash that lost me an hour of work :( , i know i should have saved sooner but blender was so stable lately i forgot. Thx for the build any way , will u do an intel optimised version for the 2.37 stable version as its opengl ui is much more responsive then your build try it out here to feel the difrence in responsiveness.

http://216.239.37.104/translate_c?hl=en ... ie%3DUTF-8