bf-blender / Os X 10.3 - CVS (2005-05-14) reference build

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

lukep

bf-blender / Os X 10.3 - CVS (2005-05-14) reference build

Post by lukep » Fri May 06, 2005 11:15 pm

new Os X build.

this is a reference build from which we will make the upcoming release.

Please report any error.

includes new timeline.

blender only, no player

blender CVS

update 14/05 : new build

osxrules

Post by osxrules » Mon May 16, 2005 2:35 pm

Thanks Lukep. One thing I noticed is that ctrl-space (new transform hotkey) invokes Spotlight search under Tiger. BTW, is there any way to get an optimised version with the new dev tools? Unfortunately I got Tiger preinstalled and it didn't come with them. Just lookin' to up the performance a bit now I have a G4 with altivec ;).

Where's the new timeline?

stratacator

Post by stratacator » Mon May 16, 2005 11:24 pm

My PowerBook's on 10.4, and the interface is painfully slow. Reducing the color to thousands helps some, but, there's still a noticeable lag. You'll probably need more information to figure out the problem, but I'm not sure exactly waht to give, so just let me know.

Money_YaY!

Post by Money_YaY! » Tue May 17, 2005 12:23 am

osxrules wrote:Thanks Lukep. One thing I noticed is that ctrl-space (new transform hotkey) invokes Spotlight search under Tiger. BTW, is there any way to get an optimised version with the new dev tools? Unfortunately I got Tiger preinstalled and it didn't come with them. Just lookin' to up the performance a bit now I have a G4 with altivec ;).

In your applications folder there is an install file for xtools

stratacator

Post by stratacator » Tue May 17, 2005 5:38 am

In regard to my earlier post...10.4.1 seems to have fixed everything.

Does this mean, by the way, that Matt Ebb's new interface won't be in 2.37/2.4? I was desrious most for that feature.

osxrules

Post by osxrules » Tue May 17, 2005 3:14 pm

Money_YaY! wrote:
osxrules wrote:Thanks Lukep. One thing I noticed is that ctrl-space (new transform hotkey) invokes Spotlight search under Tiger. BTW, is there any way to get an optimised version with the new dev tools? Unfortunately I got Tiger preinstalled and it didn't come with them. Just lookin' to up the performance a bit now I have a G4 with altivec ;).

In your applications folder there is an install file for xtools
Yeah but for some weird reason, mine is XCode 1.5 for Panther and it doesn't install. Not sure why my dealer installed that or even how he installed it. Only thing I could think is if he installed Panther and then upgraded to Tiger by installing without overwriting but didn't upgrade XCode with it.

The Spotlight problem isn't an issue because I see you can turn off the Spotlight hotkey.