bf-blender / Windows (2005/05/20)

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

SamAdam

Post by SamAdam » Mon May 23, 2005 1:35 pm

theeth wrote:
SamAdam wrote:can someone please look at the parenting problem i mentioned earlier?

it is really getting to me!

here is a blend of another, even more annoying problem:
try moving one of the control points in the z direction (you may have to enable 3D first) and then tabbing back into object mode.

http://www.toxicx.toxicengine.org/personal/wdhs3.blend

fun, isn't it?
(the edit doesn't stay, it goes back to a circle)
That's not a bug, you have vertex keys on the curve, and since none is currently selecting, going in edit mode and changing things will revert back when going back to object mode, since it's not putting it in any of the keys.

Martin
if only i knew how they got there...

do you have any plans to fix the follow path bugs?
it seems to be a transform error to me.
or maybe just get rid of follow path and parent it regular and turn on curvepath, that works.

llunasol

Post by llunasol » Mon May 23, 2005 3:45 pm

Bellorum wrote:
x2gen wrote:The commandline "blender -W" Doesn't seem to call fullscreen mode either. Is it intentional?
yeah, it's been removed from the code, since it doesn't work with all graphicscards. :(
But what doesn't work with all graphic cards? The fact of being or the fact of use it? What harm makes being but not be used by the people that has certain graphic cards? Are they the majority? If there's something that crashes my system I don't use it, but I don't pretend it to be cut from the project :roll:

It's really sad, but similar to the z-blur that pretended to be DOF, if it doesn't work why move it to the sequencer editor? Is it better than the z-blur that was already there? Is it replacing the previous one or adding to it? On the other hand if it's not good enough why "hidden" it?, simple cut it from the code :roll:

Uhm, well, just some opinions.

lucky3

Post by lucky3 » Mon May 23, 2005 5:12 pm

It's really sad, but similar to the z-blur that pretended to be DOF, if it doesn't work why move it to the sequencer editor? Is it better than the z-blur that was already there?
Hmm... As well as i understand it, that's because Zblur isn't actually DoF, and it can't be in the render panel as a render feature. Furthermore, Zblur didn't work properly in some cases.

llunasol

Post by llunasol » Tue May 24, 2005 9:22 am

lucky3 wrote:
It's really sad, but similar to the z-blur that pretended to be DOF, if it doesn't work why move it to the sequencer editor? Is it better than the z-blur that was already there?
Hmm... As well as i understand it, that's because Zblur isn't actually DoF, and it can't be in the render panel as a render feature. Furthermore, Zblur didn't work properly in some cases.
Well, I can understand that if it doesn't work is not good to have it. So, why move it to another location? It didn't work properly in some cases? Placing it on the sequecer makes it working more efficiently? :roll:

gabio

Post by gabio » Tue May 24, 2005 2:27 pm

llunasol wrote:
lucky3 wrote:
Well, I can understand that if it doesn't work is not good to have it. So, why move it to another location? It didn't work properly in some cases? Placing it on the sequecer makes it working more efficiently? :roll:
Fo now that's the only one you can get. The plugin version is now useless since the imbuf changed a bit. This mean the plugin can't find z info anymore and all you'll get is a red screen.
That's what i got though...
But I think the coder of the plugin will release a new revision soon.

llunasol

Post by llunasol » Tue May 24, 2005 3:36 pm

gabio wrote:The plugin version is now useless since the imbuf changed a bit. This mean the plugin can't find z info anymore and all you'll get is a red screen.
That's the point, why is it released? Uhm, well, anyway.