bf-blender / Windows (2005-05-23) release candidate

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

LeeQid

Post by LeeQid » Tue May 24, 2005 11:26 pm

TorQ wrote:In this build exiting EditMode clears the selection. Is this a feature or a bug? If its a feature I don't think I like it.
Same here - Thus selecting some more will leave some of them selected, yet some are beeing deselected.

kisolre

Post by kisolre » Wed May 25, 2005 12:14 am

Can't handle multiple levels of Linked appended objects.

New file, add some material to cube, save as file1.
New file, append linked material from file1 to cube, render- Ok. Save as file2.
New file, append linked mesh of the cube from file2, exchange mesh with original cube mesh, go to material pane - crash!

edit: tryed with 2.33a too - same here.
Last edited by kisolre on Wed May 25, 2005 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

bmud

Post by bmud » Wed May 25, 2005 4:24 am

There's an old bug where the lamp's icon disappears.

All other things I thought were bugs aren't really bugs, except that one time that the center dot was only visible with two objects overlapping, but not one, and it was weird, and I can't figure out how to replicate the behavior.

jarkkopoika

Post by jarkkopoika » Wed May 25, 2005 8:52 am

What has happened to Yafray? There has been appeared some new buttons to raytrace options at material buttons. Dispersion and some fresnel stuff.

Sounds promising but they didnt work. Also HDRI doesent work anymore?

jesterKing
Site Admin

Post by jesterKing » Wed May 25, 2005 9:02 am

jarkkopoika wrote:What has happened to Yafray? There has been appeared some new buttons to raytrace options at material buttons. Dispersion and some fresnel stuff.

Terve, for those new options you also need a Yafray from CVS. And at the time of the commit of those new buttons the YafRay CVS hadn't been updated even.

/Nathan

Bellorum

Post by Bellorum » Wed May 25, 2005 9:02 am

jarkkopoika wrote:What has happened to Yafray? There has been appeared some new buttons to raytrace options at material buttons. Dispersion and some fresnel stuff.

The new big yafray commit apparently broke some stuff, see here:

http://projects.blender.org/tracker/ind ... 9&atid=125
There's no such thing as democracy. There's only the tyranny of one, and the tyranny of many.

jarkkopoika

Post by jarkkopoika » Wed May 25, 2005 9:12 am

Terve, for those new options you also need a Yafray from CVS. And at the time of the commit of those new buttons the YafRay CVS hadn't been updated even.
Selvä homma! Dispersion is something i´ve been waiting to appear in Blender/Yafray

Looking forward for this!

macmac

Post by macmac » Wed May 25, 2005 2:20 pm

I don't have much time because I need to go to school in a couple of minutes. :cry:
when I subdivide the cube, then try to animate just the bottom vertices by going to frame 1 and hitting IKEY and then saying "Mesh" "absolute". then I go to frame 21 and then I move all the bottom vertices and do another mesh IKEY thing. When I go to object mode all of the middle vertices arent animated, and just the corner ones are. Could someone explain to me why it does that, and if it is even supposed to.

cyb

Post by cyb » Thu May 26, 2005 4:42 am

Transparency in Yafray is not working. Yafray rendering with photons and light as Lams crashes blender. Rendering throu xml is not working.

Thanks for the build everything looks promising.

TBraun

Post by TBraun » Thu May 26, 2005 7:37 pm

Hi,

In RC1, the stucci texture seems to do nothing... all other textures are working.

Thomas

Zsolt

Post by Zsolt » Thu May 26, 2005 11:05 pm

Hmm, those material presets for glass, etc look great! Something that many people I have shown Blender to wanted: "Yeah, great, I can create nice glass/metal/etc. materials after years of experience with Blender, but why aren't there any presets for new users?"
Yafray commit: does this mean that a new Yafray version will be released alongside Blender 2.37? If not, then these changes need to be fixed (or removed!) asap, there's nothing worse than showing off new features that don't work. For example, I use Yafray for most of my work, not having tranparency/reflections is a non-option.

poutsa

Post by poutsa » Thu May 26, 2005 11:45 pm

Zsolt Wrote:For example, I use Yafray for most of my work, not having tranparency/reflections is a non-option.

You can make Reflections and Transparency in Yafray: in Blenders Material Buttons -Mirror Transp (Ray Mirror-Ray Transp -Z Transp) and in the Render Buttons Select Ray and Yafray as Renderer.

Vassilios Boucer

lunarman

Post by lunarman » Fri May 27, 2005 12:19 am

poutsa wrote:Zsolt Wrote:For example, I use Yafray for most of my work, not having tranparency/reflections is a non-option.

You can make Reflections and Transparency in Yafray: in Blenders Material Buttons -Mirror Transp (Ray Mirror-Ray Transp -Z Transp) and in the Render Buttons Select Ray and Yafray as Renderer.

Vassilios Boucer
I'm sure he knows that. He was referring to the fact that transparency/reflections is currently broken.

Andy

eeshlo

Post by eeshlo » Fri May 27, 2005 12:58 am

It isn't really 'broken', I had totally rewritten the blendershader in yafray. Which mean you need a new yafray for all those new features. I still have some minor work to do on the yafray code itself as well, so the new code is not even in yafray cvs yet.
But see the comments I made in that bugtracker report as already mentioned by Bellorum:
http://projects.blender.org/tracker/ind ... 9&atid=125
To make emulation of the blendershader as straightforward as possible, I had removed all the keywords that were used by the old yafray blendershader. But of course you lose backwards compatibily, and that is not a good thing, especially if any future release of yafray is so uncertain.
Anyway, working on that now, at least as far as reflection/refraction is concerned.
So, again, as for all those things not working, those are simply not available yet, this was actually already true for 2.36 as well (bokeh).

As for the crashing (cyb), sounds like the infamous '0 photon' bug, that too was solved in the new yafray code long ago. As for xml not working, there could be any number of reasons. On windows, though it shouldn't be necessary (yafray tries to write the xmlfile in a temporary directory where you installed yafray, and if not possibly tries the temp directory, but apparently that doesn't always seems to work for whatever reason) try to set YFexport (user default section) if you haven't done so already.

btw, anyone have problems with aborting when using plugin render (yafray not responding to esc-key)?

TBraun

Post by TBraun » Fri May 27, 2005 9:40 am

TBraun wrote:In RC1, the stucci texture seems to do nothing... all other textures are working.
Sorry, I just checked with 2.36 and found that the behaviour is exactly the same there... Stucci works correctly if mapped to "normal", but does nothing to the color mapping

I simply never noticed this... one question though - is this supposed to work that way?

regards
Thomas