bf-blender / Windows (2005-05-23) release candidate

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

poutsa

Post by poutsa » Fri May 27, 2005 10:34 am

Bug report:
Explanation:
Select the Cube... Press I Button in 3d window.....Choose LocRotSize.......go 10 frames forward and move the Cube to another Position Press again I and select LocRotSize again.......then Press K in 3d window to see the Keys.. Ok now select one of the Yellow Drawed Keys if you Grab this Key Blender Crash also..... Scaling also Crashes and Rotating this Crashes Blender also!!!!!

SeeYa

Vassilios Boucer
Last edited by poutsa on Sun May 29, 2005 3:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ElBarto

Post by ElBarto » Fri May 27, 2005 10:53 am

Put it in the bugtracker.
Karamba!
Bart.

http://www.area42.de/

Blender Feature Proposal:
http://www.neeneenee.de/blender/features/

jesterKing
Site Admin

Post by jesterKing » Fri May 27, 2005 11:58 am

Can't redo

/Nathan

oyster

Post by oyster » Fri May 27, 2005 12:14 pm

Zsolt wrote:Hmm, those material presets for glass, etc look great!
where are the material presets, I cannnot find them in Blender? Is that for yafray or blender internal render?

Caronte

Post by Caronte » Fri May 27, 2005 12:33 pm

oyster wrote:Is that for yafray or blender internal render?
It's faster try it instead of ask and wait the answer. Don't think so? ;)

Anyway is only for YafRay and need a new compilation.
Caronte.
"Some Day, All Will Be Digital"
http://www.nicodigital.com

kisolre

Post by kisolre » Sat May 28, 2005 1:19 am

When you FaceLoopCut or FaceLoopSelect you point at edge and blender finds the face loop containing that edge and previews it.

But this does not happen when there are not visible vertices of that edge, although the edge itself is visible on screen. This is same in vertex, edge and faceselect mode.

Try to rotate and zoom default cube so some edge to have no visible vertices and then try to select it with FaceLoopSelect...

Don't know how is the edge picked up but seems like bug to me.

oyster

Post by oyster » Sat May 28, 2005 2:08 am

since i cannot login on the bug tracker(no, please do not ask me to retry, I have retried many times before. I know this is one of the infamous restrictions in my internet isp. An I can not use anonymous bug report too.), please can someone report this bug?

title: abnormal normal
plz have a look at this pic. it is a super simple mesh, since I only used knife(midpoint), extrude, size, rotate and move operaion. And I have moved doubles, selected non mandifold, but in fact there is no doubles, and no non mandifold. I have recalculated the normal inside/outside, and used the 'clear mesh' script. But none can bring the normal to be perpendicular to the face.
I searched the elysiun forum and found some reports, eg. Gr8RedShark submitted bug report as: [ #1417 ] weirdly drawn normals. However, this problem is not fixed even in the Blender 2.37 RC. And because it is NOT a drawn problem only, it affects the model, to see what I mean, try to extrude or rotate the buggy faces.
thanks.
the buggy file: http://oyster.home4u.china.com/bug/abno ... normal.rar

Zsolt

Post by Zsolt » Sun May 29, 2005 11:18 pm

eeshlo wrote:btw, anyone have problems with aborting when using plugin render (yafray not responding to esc-key)?
I wouldn't call this a bug, but I can't stop the rendering during the xml loading phase, which can take several minutes on large meshes.
A problem: I too have crashes often. One is if I have Global GI, and normal lamps, it sometimes crashes.
Another is in some blend files, it crashes if and only if rendering at high resolutions, at about 1600*1200 or greater, but not in the lower 1027*768 or 800*600 range. The thing is, it works well at low res, and then when I go to render the final, high-res picture, it crashes about halfway through, during the fake render pass.

JoOngle

Post by JoOngle » Sun May 29, 2005 11:49 pm

eeshlo wrote:
btw, anyone have problems with aborting when using plugin render (yafray not responding to esc-key)?
Yes I do.

It will respond - but only after a long time of rendering.
Sometimes I have to wait until it's finished with the rendering.
(Under Linux here)

eeshlo

Post by eeshlo » Mon May 30, 2005 4:04 am

Zsolt wrote: I wouldn't call this a bug, but I can't stop the rendering during the xml loading phase, which can take several minutes on large meshes.
A problem: I too have crashes often. One is if I have Global GI, and normal lamps, it sometimes crashes.
Another is in some blend files, it crashes if and only if rendering at high resolutions, at about 1600*1200 or greater, but not in the lower 1027*768 or 800*600 range. The thing is, it works well at low res, and then when I go to render the final, high-res picture, it crashes about halfway through, during the fake render pass.
Well, you don't mention if you are using the old official release or cvs code, if it is the first, some of those problems could well be solved with the new release. You must have at least seen one of the countless reports of the '0 photon bug' for instance in the last couple of months.
I'm sure though a whole lot of other bugs will replace them...
JoOngle wrote: It will respond - but only after a long time of rendering.
Sometimes I have to wait until it's finished with the rendering.
(Under Linux here)
Yes, me too, I finally at least know where it is happening, it is yafray itself, nothing to do with Blender as I first thought. It has something to do with the threading code, and that really is something for Jandro to look at, I'm not going to attempt modifying that code, I wouldn't know what I'm doing anyway. But I don't know if he is able to do anything at all anymore. But this is a really annoying bug that *should* be solved for the release.
This is only for the cvs code btw, so it is no surprise no one else has yet reported this, though I can remember someone having this mentioned in the recent past at least once.
Old official release does not have threading code, so doesn't have this problem.

btw, I found a relatively minor problem in the current blender code too, absorption only works when both mirror and transparency is enabled, is soved, but can't commit anymore...

kisolre

Post by kisolre » Tue May 31, 2005 6:10 pm

sorry for posting this again but...

Can somebody compile and post recent Windows build please.

In 23.05.2005 windows build there was an error with linked meshes and materials. I posted it in bug tracker and soon Ton fixed it. But there is not any recent build that I could test to see if that is Ok. I tryed to make my own build with VS .Net 2003 but that particular error was still there (with CVS after the fix ofcource). Today (31.05.2005 16:30) I updated my CVS and saw that there is 2.37 splash screen already and release log (still empty). I made a complete rebuild (I Have my own 2.37 now ) and that err is still there. Can we have atleast RC2 Windows before oficial release? Compiled from where the oficial release will come?

Here is error description again:

1. Create new file, change cube material color to something (Red for example) and save file as File1.blend.
2. Create new file append linked, relative path Red material from File1.blend, set cube material to it and save as File2.blend.
3. Create new file, append linked, relative path cube mesh from File2.blend and exchange mesh of default cube with newly appended mesh. Save as File3.blend.

Now the problems begin Try to click at material color under Editing pane - you can change it's color and render it that way. Try to reopen File3.blend - mesh is not visible. Only vertices. Click at material color - crash. Try to go to material pane - crash....

Bagration

Post by Bagration » Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:41 pm

@Oyster: Try selecting your object in object mode and pressing Ctrl+A. Read about it here:
http://projects.blender.org/tracker/?gr ... l&aid=1417

ysvry

Post by ysvry » Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:47 pm

alt b doesnt seem to work correctly? to select a vertice ring. when i push it it doesnt show the selected vertices only if i switch from vertices to edges it shows not all of the time some times, odd. Its in the release version too.