bf-Blender / Windows (2005/07/24)

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Bagration

Post by Bagration » Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:58 pm

I think this is going to be my favorite release. :) Glad to get rid of those null bones.

- I added 22 bones but when I selected all, only 9 appeared in the Armature Bones tab, both in Edit and Pose mode.
- I can't get to Pose mode when I'm in armature Edit mode through the dropdown box in the 3D-header. I first have to click "Object Mode", then "Pose Mode".
- If I go to Pose mode and directly after to Edit mode, those Copy&Paste to buffer buttons in the 3D-header still are visible. I press Ctrl+Tab once: the buttons disappear. Press Ctrl+Tab twice: I'm in Pose mode and the buttons are back (correctly).
poutsa wrote:Where can i use "Optimal" for Subsurf in Edit Mode?
When i press the Optimal Button not works!
- Had the same problem. It does work in Wire view/Object mode though.

Small question: Will this be in 2.38 too? Will it be something like onion-skinning?
The BlenderWiki wrote:Ideas are using "ghost keys" (as current Ipo Keys) and drawing path trajectories.

ZanQdo

Post by ZanQdo » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:44 am

Optimal drawing is disabled for now, its just wip

ElBarto

Post by ElBarto » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:41 am

I agree we need a more visual modifier stack. Based on existing functions at the constraints panel and existing buttons i think this could be a way:

Karamba!
Bart.

http://www.area42.de/

Blender Feature Proposal:
http://www.neeneenee.de/blender/features/

N86

Post by N86 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:10 am

I agree we need a more visual modifier stack. Based on existing functions at the constraints panel and existing buttons i think this could be a way:
I like your implementation better then the current one. The current method is definetly not efficient. I'd like to see something similar to the outliner. Or even a method where it is in the outliner. You just select it in the outliner and then a panel updates to the currently selected modifier in the tree. The user changes to another modifier and the panel updates again with the controls and settings for that modifier. I think something like this would be more efficient. Though it has its negatives as well, the user would have to have the outliner open at all times to access modifiers. So as a compromise I say something like ElBarto's suggestion. Just make sure to have a scroll bar. Just PLEASE do not stick with the current method its as inefficient as the texture/material controls.

crsrma

Post by crsrma » Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:07 am

Very cool developments all around. Is Face Loop Select going to make it back into the Loop/Cut Menu soon?

Alt-RMB works similarly in Face Mode, it's a bit more widely useful in that menu, though.

pildanovak

Post by pildanovak » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:57 pm

The modifier stack is great....

This animation could be preveiewed in realtime:

http://www.ffa.vutbr.cz/~novak/dwnflz/0001_0250.avi
- Xvid, 0.4 Mb

I think it is something which wouldn't definitely be possible before(It's a combination of mirror, subsurf, wave, curve and armature deform.)

NateTG

Post by NateTG » Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:22 pm

:o Incredible progress... these are definitely exciting times for blender but... iiieeee the modifier stack UI is hideous---IMHO ;) I think a constraint-like UI would work wonderfully for this. The elements could be duplicated almost exactly. (On a side note, I wonder if it would be possible to add drag/drop functionality--for modifying order--to the constraint UI) I also really like the suggestion to make the "add new" interface elements more consistent.

Finally shouldn't "hook" and "armature" be made a modifier also? I think it would be useful (and consistent) to have those as part of the modifier interface, so that dependency could be more finely adjusted! :D I also wonder if softbody and particle interaction should go under the "effects" interface...... My only gripe is that it seems blender is getting kinda patchy and we keep adding more tabs...

Also, would it be possible to, for example, add "Add Lattice Modifier" to the CTRL+P (Parenting) menu when a deformable object is parented to a latice? I just have an aversion to typing in Object names. it seems so inefficient.

Keep up the *amazing* work!

edit: on second thought (or third or fourth... I'm losing count) shouldn't wave be a modifier too?

\n

gabio

Post by gabio » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:30 am

Already done, will be in next build then. ;) Ho and to all complainer. This is very WIP. Some stuff you mentionned is planned.
Read the wiki just for a glimps:
http://wiki.blender.org/bin/view.pl/Ble ... /Modifiers[/url]

N86

Post by N86 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:42 am

Not complaining. Merely making constructive crit:)

kencanvey

Post by kencanvey » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:56 pm

jcdavis

Quick Question

Post by jcdavis » Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:54 pm

I have been trying out this build and am having a slight issue. Trying to find out if this is a bug or if there is something wrong with my model.

When I load my file the console states that two meshes are cyclic. What does this mean... These meshes no longer show up in object mode but when I enter edit mode everything is there.

Not sure what is going on here. This may not even be a problem with this build. Any help is appreciated.

James

Bellorum

Post by Bellorum » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:59 am

Hmm. Haven't had time to play around much in Blender lately, but when I try the new subdiv/knife code I'm a bit worried. I'm not sure I prefer the new behavior. For one thing, when I cut through 2 connected edges of a quad it creates 2 tris and a quad, whereas the old way created 3 quads. Am I missing something here? I guess I have to check out that wiki again :?
There's no such thing as democracy. There's only the tyranny of one, and the tyranny of many.

poutsa

Post by poutsa » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:56 am

is it possible to have also the automatic Armature Bones Draw creation chain like in 2.37a ???! So you can create Bones in 3 methods
....as example Add Armature:
1. Hold Strg button- and Click method!
2. Press E button and Extrude Bones!
3. Automatic Draw Bones Chains method ( as example press Y button and add Bones automatic)!

another Feature: if you use the Rotation Widget x,y,z its good if you can see a number in 3D Window in the Middle of the Object so if you Rotate the Object you can see the number 0-360* Degr change(In the darker area like pasepartout) so you can work exactly!

also if you use the Rotation Widget if you Click in the Middle of Object you can not Rotate free like (Press double R Key). Only works if you Press twice the R button! (For Scaling and Grabbing Widgets Works if you Press in the middle white Circle and Hold and move right mouse) why not for Rotation also!!

Also some Append Problems in this Build! missing Objects meshes!!

Vassilios Cagiaoglou Boucer

klopes

Post by klopes » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:57 pm

I propose another modifier class: python script, so datablocks got will be different as they are set in the modif. stack. I figure it's such a substitution of scriptlink panel. :roll:

Bagration

Post by Bagration » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:18 pm

I find Edge sliding hard in this build. Both with Face Loop Cut and the new Edge Slide. I used to only have to move my cursor from one face to the other: the preview-cut moved very fast. Now I have to move the cursor from one end of the screen to another and still I can't slide it all the way.
If this explanation is vague, I can post an example video...