bf-Blender / Windows (2005/07/24)

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

crsrma

Post by crsrma » Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:38 am

Bagration wrote:I find Edge sliding hard in this build. Both with Face Loop Cut and the new Edge Slide. I used to only have to move my cursor from one face to the other: the preview-cut moved very fast. Now I have to move the cursor from one end of the screen to another and still I can't slide it all the way.
If this explanation is vague, I can post an example video...
Edge Slide works a lot faster with CTRL modified mouse movements. It seems to default to very fine precision, I'm not complaining. ;)

Bagration

Post by Bagration » Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:32 am

Thanks for the Ctrl tip, but I still like the old way of sliding better. It's one of those small things that makes modeling in Blender so pleasant.

Bellorum

Post by Bellorum » Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:06 am

Bagration wrote:I find Edge sliding hard in this build. Both with Face Loop Cut and the new Edge Slide. I used to only have to move my cursor from one face to the other: the preview-cut moved very fast. Now I have to move the cursor from one end of the screen to another and still I can't slide it all the way.
If this explanation is vague, I can post an example video...
It does have a weird behaviour, and it's not consistant either. It actually depends on how fast you move the mouse during slide. If you move too fast, it won't slide all the way, so move slowly. Can't say I like this either, it's a damn timeconsumer, and I like to work fast. But it's a WIP, so we'll see.
There's no such thing as democracy. There's only the tyranny of one, and the tyranny of many.

kencanvey

Post by kencanvey » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:52 pm

Gabio

I was wondering were you get your list of info on updates to blender, I have now been able to build them my self but am still a bit lost as to were to get this info!

Thanks

Ken :D

Pablosbrain

Post by Pablosbrain » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:19 pm

Is there a newer build with the b-bone sub bone deformations working yet? I really want to mess with that! 2.4 looks like its gonna be a great update!

JoOngle

Post by JoOngle » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:17 pm

@Pablosbrain,

No...not in the CVS anyway.
I've compiled the last known "linux" version availiable, and it's no different
from the Windows version (except the things that have been added since Gabios build)

Pablosbrain

Post by Pablosbrain » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:20 pm

Thanks for the info. I'm really excited about working with the new animation tools. It looks like animating in blender is about to be everything I've wanted for a long while!

gabio

Post by gabio » Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:51 am

JoOngle wrote:@Pablosbrain,

No...not in the CVS anyway.
I've compiled the last known "linux" version availiable, and it's no different
from the Windows version (except the things that have been added since Gabios build)
as said...
Stuff aren't moving so fast now. Hey it's Siggraph!
I'll see tomorow.

ysvry

found an error in the noise function

Post by ysvry » Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:33 pm

found an error in the noise function when using it to displace a plane.
instead of filling the whole plane the image is tiled, checked it in .37 wich worked ok .

poutsa

Post by poutsa » Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:35 am

If you Parent a Particle Emitter (Mesh Object) to the Armature or to a Specific Bone ! YOU CANOT ADD KEYS in Posemode :Or Record in Timeline (Red Button Pressed)! I move a Bone to another Position and if i Press the Left Mouse Click the Bone Returns to Starting Position Back!!!
And the mouse Looks Flashes WORK During the movement of a Bone!?

Is this a Bug?

Also The Particle Emmiter Mesh Object dont Follow the Movements!!!
Here a Example Blend file Download from here:
http://www.savefile.com/filehost/files.php?fid=5743478

- Blend file from Blenders Demo Pack "the Knight"!
If you open this Blend file in 2.37a the Particle Emiter Follows the Movements of the Sword Up and Down!
Bud if you Open the same Blend file in this Build Cvs 2.38 you see the Particle Emitter not Follow the Movement of Sword!
also if you Press Recalculate for Paricle Emiter!!!

Vassilios Cagiaoglou Boucer