Tuhopuu 3 windows 2005/09/08

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

lguillaume

Tuhopuu 3 windows 2005/09/08

Post by lguillaume » Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:55 pm

Compilation of Tuhopuu3 for windows for testing with Bullet GE:
tuhopuu3 now compiles. Please check:

* fonts/unicode
* animation buttons
7zip version
zip version
Last edited by lguillaume on Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bellorum

Re: Tuhopuu 3 windows 2005/09/08

Post by Bellorum » Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:06 pm

Thanks! Off to play now:)
There's no such thing as democracy. There's only the tyranny of one, and the tyranny of many.

tv

Post by tv » Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:38 pm

==========================
!!! WHERE IS THE VCOL BAKER ????
==========================

(used to be alt-b in previous build ????)

*#&$%$!!!! DAMNnnnn ... :evil: :evil:

will you possibly make a build with the baker (and bullet)?

possible bug? : LSCM crashes on closed meshes. also in previous build

lguillaume

Post by lguillaume » Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:48 pm

Hello I don't know what is the VCol BAKER.
Have you an adress or something to know what is it

tv

Post by tv » Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:54 pm

http://projects.blender.org/pipermail/t ... 01381.html

was in previous build: 15. 08. 2005.
above link from quick Google search:

http://www.google.com/search?q=tuhopuu+texture+baker

that's a very very very neat feature. that's why I ask. kills any of the python stuff ...

this and bullet IPO baker .... joy almighty ...
Last edited by tv on Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lguillaume

Post by lguillaume » Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:57 pm

I don't know why it's not in the release but there is a script by JMS, Texture Baker, in UV menu.

The script is in the official Blender release.

tv

Post by tv » Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:00 pm

I have scripts - original and modded - the native baker stuff is simply in a different ballpark ...

are you sure the baker was shredded out of the source?

oyster

Post by oyster » Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:51 am

cannnot type in one character, and the Lorem only moves the cursor down.
when quit, it crashes
test it on win2k with sp4

bmud

Post by bmud » Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:31 pm

A native baker is news to me! Keep it up theeth. That's something that needs to be in 2.4

wrbcreations

Post by wrbcreations » Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:32 am

Hi there. I have been looking forward to the Tuhopuu 3 layout design of the GUI to be incorporated into the 2.40 release, but I get the feeling that nothing too much is going to change from the 2.37 interface design. Should we look forward to this prototype, or has it gone on the backburner?

I ask this, because while I understand everyone is busy with debugging the long list of new features, we were informed in JUne or July..? that version 2.40 will have a new user interface.

And when lguillaume made the Tuhopuu 3 test build, I thought that this new design was a move in the right direction for Blender. It looks more professional, and is generally well layed out, and easy to use. If anyone can let us know what will be happening with the GUI, that would be great.

Anyway, I think that the progress of everything you develepors are doing, is incredible, and I know that what you are doing is not easy, so I apologise if I come across like an ungrateful ass who wants everything. I just felt that what lguillaume had done here with the interface layout
was very well done and that it should have been included in the final build for the 2.40 series. Maybe I will wait for 2.50... Anyways you guys rock, keep up the good work, because you guys will put blender on the map once this series of blender gets released.

LetterRip

Post by LetterRip » Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:13 am

Unfortunately the two main people in charge of the UI changes for 2.40 are involved in the Orange project - rather than delay the release till they had time (which might not happen for months) it was decided to release with the UI as is, and instead have the rest of the port done for 2.41.

LetterRip

wrbcreations

Thanks for your reply

Post by wrbcreations » Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:34 am

Thank you very much for your quick reply to my question., Today was the first time I have ever posted a question on this forum, so I am absolutely surprised at the quickness of your reply , Thank you very much

By the sounds of it, the community should get together a little fund and send you guys away on a nice vacation once everything is completed. I am looking forward to any further developments in regards to the UI because I feel it is probably the only thing holding blender back, not in usability, that side of it is great, but readability, and navigation. Well LetterRip, I will not bother you guys any further about this. Thank you once again for your quick response and all the best to you and everyone working on these marvelous projects. You are all doing a wonderful job. :D