bf-Blender / Windows (2005/09/25) patch Particle

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Bogey

Post by Bogey » Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:50 am

hi lguillaume, after a lot of crap with my computer, I was finaly able to start testing again. Im not sure whats happening with the game engine at the moment, as obviously Orange takes precedent. I guess that the coders are trying to enable the use of ordinary surfaces as domains for the fluid simulation. Just for info, fh seems to be broken or at least altered, as the tank example I posted on elysion now rides on an "almost" flat plane ignoring the ground surface. I say almost as I do notice it tipping in places. Also forces no longer seem to work.
I will continue testing.

Bogey.

lguillaume

Post by lguillaume » Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:36 am

Hi Bogey, the game engine I used in the compilation is Bullet, if you want I can maje the next build with sumo, your problem is perhaps just the gameengine you used, put Bullet in world and try. I don't know if I can compile more than one gameengine.

ZanQdo

Post by ZanQdo » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:24 am

Why is the MMB axis constraining (by hotkey G,R,S) working in the same orientation as the Widgets? I liked the old way so I coud have the widgets let`s say in normal orientation and still make a global transformation quikly by hotkeys and MMB :( is this a bug?
:-) Hosting for your test builds:
GraphicAll.org

Zsolt

Post by Zsolt » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:33 pm

lguillaume: yes, thanks for pointing that out, if I have no vertices selected, and add a hook like that, then it works. Not very user friendly though, who would know that you shouldn't select anything? Also: what if there's more than one vertex group, which one is the hook assigned to? How do I select which one to assign to?

About the other problem: in some situations, when I press Alt-B, and select an area of the screen, I can't select anything in editmode with the mouse. I took the file, got rid of all the extra objects, and made a small test file. Just open it, go into editmode, and try selecting something.

http://deeppixel.uw.hu/downloads/alt_B_problem.zip

lguillaume

Post by lguillaume » Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:44 am

Ok ZSolt, you can only select edge, not vertice not face, but if I make a new scene I can't do the same thing.

Can you tell me (or directly post in bugtracker) what operation you do to make this object, I try on a cube, I can select, I extrude the cube, I can select.

I will continu test after sleeping.

JA-forreal

Post by JA-forreal » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:55 am

"Hooks now support vertex groups" This is like Z-painting. Thanks for this build lguillaume and all of the other latest features Ton and everyone else!

lguillaume

Post by lguillaume » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:37 pm

Zsolt wrote:lguillaume: yes, thanks for pointing that out, if I have no vertices selected, and add a hook like that, then it works. Not very user friendly though, who would know that you shouldn't select anything? Also: what if there's more than one vertex group, which one is the hook assigned to? How do I select which one to assign to?

About the other problem: in some situations, when I press Alt-B, and select an area of the screen, I can't select anything in editmode with the mouse. I took the file, got rid of all the extra objects, and made a small test file. Just open it, go into editmode, and try selecting something.

http://deeppixel.uw.hu/downloads/alt_B_problem.zip
There is a post about the problem in the bugtracker : https://projects.blender.org/tracker/in ... 9&atid=125