bf-Blender / Windows (05/09/30) + particle + ashkhmin shader

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

RRuiz

Post by RRuiz »

lguillaume wrote:
RRuiz wrote:WOW !!! GREAT WORK!!

THANK YOU ! ! ! !
Hello, nice, can you put a rendered image of this image?
Is NOT near finish because my pc is not good for this! so I put a very very very preliminar. This have potential but you need a big computer.

Un Saludo

macouno

Post by macouno »

Cool the hair is great... it just did crash as I tried adding hair to an old animated figure. (no idea why).

lguillaume

Post by lguillaume »

macouno wrote:Cool the hair is great... it just did crash as I tried adding hair to an old animated figure. (no idea why).
Hello, the problems comes perhaps with the new armature system, you can post to bugtracker with your file, or the problems comes with the particle patch.

when the 2.39 is out try your file, if Blender doesn't crash, I can send a message in the patch tracker for Jahka.

natanael

Post by natanael »

I found a problem in the new particles system. Using the CVS version I have noted that when we change da distance between the camera and particles the particles maintain the same width. It makes decrease the density of the particles when the camera is near and increase when the camera is far. It happens when we aren't using particles with halos in the material. Halos makes the particles don't to cast shadows.

natanael

Post by natanael »

I found another problem, when Face (Emit particles also from faces) button is enabled subsurf don't works with the particles.

aligorith

Post by aligorith »

Hi,

Blender crashes everytime I try to render a particular file, if static particles are used.

Particle settings are as shown below:

The mesh I'm trying to get static particles on has around 6000 verts, with 130 or so in the vertex group the particles are emmited from. It has subsurface applied - level 2 for render.

Before Blender crashed the last time, I saw that there were some chunky black artifacts in render, on one side of the mesh.

Aligorith

natanael

Post by natanael »

Hi Aligorith, try to enable the Shadow or Ray option in Render menu. In my older computer I had the same problem when using more than one lamp. I resolved is so.

aligorith

Post by aligorith »

Hi,

Blender crashes everytime I try to render a particular file, if static particles are used.

Particle settings are as shown below:

The mesh I'm trying to get static particles on has around 6000 verts, with 130 or so in the vertex group the particles are emmited from. It has subsurface applied - level 2 for render.

Before Blender crashed the last time, I saw that there were some chunky black artifacts in render, on one side of the mesh.

Aligorith