Testing builds vs "official"

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

ton
Site Admin

Testing builds vs "official"

Post by ton »

Hi,

Just wanted to say a big *thanks* to all people active here with providing the test builds all the time. It has been proven to be incredible useful, and I really hope this will continue. :)

The reason we today launched an official build is not to make this forum obsolete. We just need a reference build out now, to prepare for a stable and well tested definite release in november. We can't do this very often either, most likely once a 2 weeks or so.

Today CVS is open again for development, so you can just continue to offer the hottest & latest for everyone to try.

Cya,

-Ton-

cekuhnen

Post by cekuhnen »

also a big thank to you, the coders, and the orange project team as well.

i have the impression that with this release blender pushes its limits quite far away this time.

claas

ysvry

Post by ysvry »

i tried the alpha and found an error that crashes to windows with the send error message. It goes like this: if you try to export an .obj with subsurf on it crashes.

ysvry

Post by ysvry »

i now tried to export without subsurf and the .obj file cant be read? same file exported from .37 version does load in the other app, so there is something seriously wrong with the wavefront .obj export code . I hope someone would be kind enough to add this to the bug trackers list as i have no clue how and where?

ysvry

Post by ysvry »

been playing with the new modifier stack and it rocks
also the mirror function is what i was waiting for since long, very good implementation, its now easy to turn on and off and together with sub surf you get an good vieuw on how the hiress model will be . thx a thousand times for this upgrade. :)

mjordan

Post by mjordan »

Ton, why releasing 2.40 without the new interface?
We don't have haste :cry:
Regards,
Renato Perini
-
You can't live with women, you can't live without women.
Fuzzy logic example.

rcas

Post by rcas »

mjordan wrote:Ton, why releasing 2.40 without the new interface?
We don't have haste :cry:
I think the problem is that there is still too much work to do for the new Buttons layout, meaning the release would have to be postponed for three more weeks or so.
This and the needs of Orange team just don't allow for it to be integrated right now.

It will probably be featured on the release after this one, you have to be patient, just wait a bit longer.
How to use a Blender:
Put your model, rig, animation and textures in the Blender, turn the Blender on and wait for it to Render, then turn the Blender off and show it to your friends.