Bf-Blender 2.5 /Windows : build updated when needed.

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

jedrzej_s

Post by jedrzej_s » Mon May 01, 2006 4:43 pm

I tested this 2 .blend :). So I wrote: "We need more examples .blends with PyDrivers !!!!!!!!" ;)

jms

Post by jms » Tue May 02, 2006 11:15 am

pydrive patch corrected .
Zoo-3D.Blender, Ze French-Speaking Community SKB My french book about Blender.

mstram

Post by mstram » Wed May 03, 2006 12:34 am

jms wrote:pydrive patch corrected .
Hi Jms,

I'm curious, are you doing any programming with the sources or are you only recompiling the cvs periodically ? Even if it's "only" the latter, I know that is a major undertaking of time and effort and I'm very grateful that you're doing it !

If you are programming, are there any specific areas of the program that you're working on?

Do you have some partial/completely automatic process that downloads/compiles/uploads the program?

How often are builds uploaded? I've been checking fairly regularly lately and it seems like it's 2-3 times a day.

Mike

jms

Post by jms » Wed May 03, 2006 12:53 am

mstram wrote:
Io you have some partial/completely automatic process that downloads/compiles/uploads the program?
Wonderfull python : scons (+ a script of mine but just to create a zip archive). Does it possible to make a complete automatic process ?

LetterRip

Post by LetterRip » Wed May 03, 2006 11:01 am

jms - yep you could completely automate it

just have a daemon do a daily cvs update, then run scons, etc.

There are one or two people that do that that i've heard of...

LetterRip

mstram

Duplicate and duplicate linke have same behavior

Post by mstram » Thu May 04, 2006 1:43 am

Tested with builds : 2006-5-2 22:30, and 2006-5-2 11:08:40

When I use edit-duplicate or edit-duplicate linked I seem to get the same result ... a "duplicate-linked" new object.

Bug? ... Feature ??

I'm using object-make single user as a work-around for now to get a 'non-linked' duplicate.

Mike

jms

Post by jms » Thu May 04, 2006 7:14 pm

mstram :
look for Users Preferences -> Edit Methods -> Duplicate with object .
Modify and then made a ctrl-u to Save user defaults .

mstram

Post by mstram » Thu May 04, 2006 10:31 pm

jms wrote:mstram :
look for Users Preferences -> Edit Methods -> Duplicate with object .
Modify and then made a ctrl-u to Save user defaults .
Ok, thx.

It seems strange to me that you have to turn on an option to enable an implied behavior. I see now that in my 2.41 'stock install' those options were on by default.

Sort of like having to enable an option so that when you choose the color red that you actually get red and not green :)

With 'Edit Methods -> Duplicate with object' turned OFF, is there any difference between SH-D and ALT-D ?

Mike

jms

Post by jms » Sat May 06, 2006 12:35 am

mstram wrote: With 'Edit Methods -> Duplicate with object' turned OFF, is there any difference between SH-D and ALT-D ?
Mike
Make a copy with the two methods then try to modify each copy and see what the original mesh becomes .

Erklaerbar

bug report?

Post by Erklaerbar » Mon May 08, 2006 9:57 pm

Hi,
Im pretty new to blender so please excuse if this is posted to the wrong place. I used the new object script "UVcopy" in the objects/scripts menu:

I have a basemesh setup of a character with various vertex groups for both material assignement and skinning purposes. This mesh has no intelligent UVs yet. I do then export his mesh without material groups and without applying modifiers as an "obj". This mesh is imported unaltered into Zbrush and some UVs are assigned and the object is then exported unaltered besides the new UVs to "obj" again. I import on layer two, flip normals first, select the old mesh then and add the new mesh to selection. I use UVcopy and get a success message in the console. But if i test UVs with a simple color texture, the look screwed up :-( They are not the same at all :shock: although they have changed on the old mesh.

I think i narrowed it down to either the obj. export script screwing up vertex order or then UVcopy does a mess (which would be sad, as its a incredibly useful feature for me). It could as well be user error, but i spent a whole day retrying all sort of things without success. so i hope that isnt the case.

The blend file can be downloaded here: www.notone.ch/animotion4.blend

, if you render you will see the difference on the face of the character. Any help or thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Thank you
Erklaerbar

mstram

Re: bug report?

Post by mstram » Tue May 09, 2006 12:21 pm

Hi Erklaerbar,

This thread is specifically about the version of blender that is released in the first post of this thread, i.e. basically the latest Windows version.

You're probably more likely to get a response either

here

http://www.blender.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=8
or here
http://blenderartists.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11

Sorry, I can't help with your problem, it's beyond my Blender knowledge at the moment :)

Mike

Erklaerbar

Post by Erklaerbar » Tue May 09, 2006 10:23 pm

hi mike,

thanks for the hint. Appreciated. posted it to the python forum :oops:

Regards

jms

Post by jms » Thu May 11, 2006 11:46 pm

updated and, as always, MSVC compil' is more complete (one can use win32 codec : quicktime, divx ...) and faster than the GCC one .

jms

Post by jms » Wed May 17, 2006 7:48 am

What can i say ? updated every day .
Under scons and msvc, the script does not find this src.lib and needs to be reloaded many and many times before to reach the end of the compilation . Is it possible to make src.lib a bit shorter, with less obj files ?

jms

Post by jms » Wed May 17, 2006 11:33 am

In May 17th compilation, el'beem does not seem to work correctly .