bf-blender / Windows 2.40 RC1 (2005/11/28) RC BUILD

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

aphex

bf-blender / Windows 2.40 RC1 (2005/11/28) RC BUILD

Post by aphex » Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:07 pm

Grab the Official Windows 2.40 RC1 build from the following places:

Windows Installer
Zip file

Enjoy, and as always, please report any bugs you find!

[ EDIT 29/11/05 - above downloads no longer have dependancies with jpeg62.dll and zlib1.dll - thanks! ]
Last edited by aphex on Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pablosbrain

Post by Pablosbrain » Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:18 am

The live LCSM Update feature has a bug I think.
I tried just putting some seems on a cube to unwrap it and try it out. It works a lot of the time. But every now and again when I grab a pin or set of pins it doesn't allow me to move them. If I reselect some other pins sometime and then select the original ones again it sometimes works. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to have a pattern as to when it happens.

[edit]
I'm also getting the jpeg62.dll missing error.
Last edited by Pablosbrain on Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

yamyam

Post by yamyam » Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:53 am

My Windows XP told me that jpeg62.dll is not found when I started this RC1. What's wrong?
Anyway, Thank you for the build. :)

CDI3D

Post by CDI3D » Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:30 am

Yep and after downloading the jpeg dll Im now getting a zlib.dll missing along with an "unable to load libtiff." in the console.

jtuttle

Where's the JPEG DLL?

Post by jtuttle » Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:11 pm

Hey--
Where do you *get* the JPEG DLL? I'm getting the same error.

Can't wait for 2.40 final!

-- J.P.

CDI3D

Post by CDI3D » Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:14 pm

I actually googled it. cant remember the name...one sec...
...here ya go:

http://www.dlldump.com/download-dll-fil ... nload.html

Can probably find the zlib dll that pops up next here, but I didnt try.

short circut

Post by short circut » Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:03 pm

i dont know why anyone would do this but if you click enable fluid sim while a lamp is selected the program crashes.

short circut

Post by short circut » Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:03 pm

i dont know why anyone would do this but if you click enable fluid sim while a lamp is selected the program crashes.

kisolre

Post by kisolre » Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:01 pm

Hello all. I don't realy think that this is a bug but why don't SPACEKEY VIEW menus work for the area where the main menu is invoked but instead they act for the view where mouse cursor is? As an example split a 3D view vertically, place mouse cursor close to the border between views from the left side, press space and try to select View/AlignView/CenterViewToCursor but in such a way that the click to be over right view. And this is the altered view. But operation started on the left view! Just not I personally want or expect... This long time bothered me...

This happends with all manu items under View except these under ViewportShading...

Toudou

Re: bf-blender / Windows 2.40 RC1 (2005/11/28) RC BUILD

Post by Toudou » Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:57 pm

Hi,

When I did along with following operation, 3D text disappeared in its edit mode.

1. create 3D text.
2. Extrude it in curve and surface panel.
Then disappeared.

If you return its extrude value to 0.0, the text come back to visible.
Toudou,

Auteuro

Post by Auteuro » Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:27 pm

It would be REALLYsweet to see bjornmose's new softbody collision optimization patch go into the final build--the performance increase is awesome (really!), and hey, time is money! :D

malefico

Post by malefico » Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:20 am

ShapeKeys panel not available for curves with RVK ? Not even sliders in action editor ? Why oh why ?!!

:( :( :( :(

MikeMLP

Post by MikeMLP » Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:15 am

I don't mean to be a pain in the arse, but I posted this earlier and didn't get a response:

I definately think that some of the behavior of the old loop cut system is better than the new.

Ctrl R-> left click. Now look at the info bar. Percentage is listed as a value between -1.000000 and 1.000000. It seems to make a lot more sense to have this look and act like the old system (2.37a), where the percentage is between 0% and 100%.

Also, holding Ctrl on the new system causes it to snap to the eqivalent of 5% snaps. holding shift results in the same sort of behavior as the old system, but holding both control and shift together is now the same as holding just shift. It would make a lot more sense for this to work like the old system, where holding Ctrl snaps to 10% intervals and holding Ctrl and shift together snaps to 1% intervals.

The old system also showed (s) for smooth, (f) for flip side, and (p) for proportional in the info bar. I already know these combos, but new users will have no way of knowing of these functions. They could always look it up, but why remove it when it was there and helpful before?

I realize that this is really nitpicking, but there is always room for improvement. Does anyone have an opinion on this?

FeliceMente

Pussible bug with modifiers

Post by FeliceMente » Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:30 am

I'm testing the modifier stack, and noticed that selecting and deselecting the key for showing the result of a modifier in the interactive views works as espected.

The key for applying the modifier to the rendering doesn't seem to work, and infact:
- if "show in viewport" is selected and "show in rendering" is DEselected, the modifier IS applicated to the render (WRONG)
- if "show in viewport" is NOT selected and "show in rendering" IS selected, the modifier is NOT applicated to the render (WRONG again)

The "enable modifier during edit mode" seems to correctly work, instead.
Marco Iannaccone
http://www.felicemente.altervista.org/

Un computer è solo uno strumento, non un mondo o una religione...

duhast

Post by duhast » Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:51 am

short circut wrote:i dont know why anyone would do this but if you click enable fluid sim while a lamp is selected the program crashes.
Absolutely true. The alpha version just tells you that you have to select a mesh.