bf-blender / Windows 2.40 RC1 (2005/11/28) RC BUILD

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Glaurung

Post by Glaurung » Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:19 am

Hello

i've heard about this build non allowing to move certain objects.

If i came to camera view and select it, when i press Gkey and a axis key to move on this axis, this don't work.

camera only moves backward and forward when pressing two times z key. I think it moves in local z axis like as pressing mmb.

Is a bug or there are some blocking of motion now... :-). The same happens when pressing ctrl+0 with a lamp selected. The lamp moves only without constraining to axis, except zlocal.
I hope help you.
Glaurung

Glaurung

Post by Glaurung » Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:13 am

Hello,
again me
testing fluid simulations, blender crashes when i render.

the simulation is quite hard in memory, but absolutely not system collapsing. The simulation are based on two fluids with opposate initial speed each one, and a 0.001 gravity (positive). And these fluids collide between him (like the two water-suzannes test).

Some times render has worked properly, it seems after adjusting "visualization-and-rendering resolution settings" of the simulation.

It seems the problem is raytraced material on fluid. If it has no raytrace, blender no crashes.

But i'm not sure... :), :(
this on windows 98 SE and pentium IV at 2'4
Glaurung

Elcrapocrew_2

Post by Elcrapocrew_2 » Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:14 am

Cannot span monitors in win xp pro w/ sp2.
2 x Nvidia Geforce 6600GT with latest drivers
let me know if you need any more info, email is best way to contact.

Elcrapocrew_2

Post by Elcrapocrew_2 » Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:26 am

cannot define axis rotational limmits for bones, the dang things vanish as soon as I go to click on the button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aerial

Post by aerial » Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:57 am

I have same problem! When i tried to define axis rotation limits for bones, buttons is dissapear!

Ammusionist

Post by Ammusionist » Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:27 pm

Made it crash by doing something stupid!

Accidentally enabled Fluid Dymaics on a Nurbs curve. Blender went Bye bye!

Win XP SP2 on ATI Raedon (Mobility)

Ammusionist

Post by Ammusionist » Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:19 pm

--BUG--

Particle emmitter with a Loc IPO curve created cannot be moved with the G-Key OR Handles.

Steps to re-create

* New Scene (My default starts with just a camera and a light on Layer 10)
* Create Plane (Layer 1) and switch to Object mode
* Enable Particles on plane (Standard Defaults - Set normal speed to 1)
* Ensure you're on Frame 1 - I-Key and select loc for location IPO
* Change to frame (say 50)
* G-key - Status bar of window shows movement offset, but real-time does not move. LMB to finish - plane has not moved.

I think this one's worth fixing!

-EDIT- I can create new IPO's manually in IPO editor and plane will track faithfully to this.

-ANOTHER EDIT- N-Key and attempting to change location values manually in Transform Properties also no-go.

Could it be that the constant particle re-calc is repositioning the plane at the current IPOed location???

-ONE MORE EDIT- Does not occur with static particles, only streamed.

bjornmose

Post by bjornmose » Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:14 pm

Pablosbrain wrote:The live LCSM Update feature has a bug I think.
I tried just putting some seems on a cube to unwrap it and try it out. It works a lot of the time. But every now and again when I grab a pin or set of pins it doesn't allow me to move them. If I reselect some other pins sometime and then select the original ones again it sometimes works. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to have a pattern as to when it happens.

[edit]
I'm also getting the jpeg62.dll missing error.
This is no bug .. though a little hard to understand. Where ever faces meet there is not only one UV "vertex'" but one for every face. Obviously you did not pin them all and you are sometimes trying to pull a unpinned UV. So if you did not pin and select all of them LSCM will happily put 'em back where it thinks is the best place. In fact this feels like not beeing able to move the vertex.
Note : There are some selection modifiers in menu to make sure you get all the UVs you want. Just for all of you who wondered what that "sticky" select options are for :)

BM

Auteuro

Post by Auteuro » Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:02 pm

Sorry if this is old news, but is creation of Force keys (i.e., strength/falloff) allowed for Empties? I can't seem to create them for empties, but I can for meshes (e.g., by using the I-key in the "physics buttons" window). If they're not implemented yet, then...nevermind :)

gudi3d

Post by gudi3d » Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:14 pm

Hello,

When I press F12, the render window appear outside the view area of my monitor (partially). Another problem, when I render big images (1920x1080), the render window appear in the top left corner of the monitor even if I set it to be displayed on the top right or even in the center of the view area.

WinXP Home SP2
Athlon XP 1600
Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 128Mb
512 Mb

mfoxdogg

Post by mfoxdogg » Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:58 am

Great build trulwy awsome the softbodies speed up is great and HDR support is great as Yafray has had HDRI support for a long time but could not use it here is an example:

also I have noticed that Yafray has SSS suport but you cannot use it from inside Blender please develop some way of using it Please. (I am going to press this matter until it Kills me :D :D )
I reject reality and substitute my own!!

grimey

Post by grimey » Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:34 am

1. When rendering image as large as screen size or larger, the window is outside the bounds of the screen and is difficult, if not impossible, to grab. The alpha 2 release did not work this way.

2. Something "funky" about solid view. For one thing, it almost looks like shaded view. Also, the auto smooth function doesn't appear to do anything. Again, alpha 2 did not function this way.

Auteuro

Post by Auteuro » Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:56 pm

Auteuro wrote:Sorry if this is old news, but is creation of Force keys (i.e., strength/falloff) allowed for Empties? I can't seem to create them for empties, but I can for meshes (e.g., by using the I-key in the "physics buttons" window). If they're not implemented yet, then...nevermind :)
Nevermind. I found that they aren't implemented in 2.37a, either. Sorry!

bmud

Post by bmud » Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:29 pm

I couldn't find a "live LSCM" feature anywhere in the new feature docs, the wiki, or just browsing around in this test build. What should I be looking for?

Also, does anyone know if the hard-coded texture baker made it into 2.4?

theeth

Post by theeth » Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:48 pm

bmud wrote:Also, does anyone know if the hard-coded texture baker made it into 2.4?
The vertex color to uv image baker you mean? It didn't. Not enough testing and code review (the code is a bit shaky).

Martin
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon