Linx Moving Objects Fluidsim Preview

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

n_t

Post by n_t »

ZanQdo: multi-threading the simulation itself isnt easy, but definitely planned... but right now it's not yet working. modifiying the inflow velocity should be possible soon by ipos for each velocity component. but you're right, an object local velocity would be easier to handle...

cekuhnen: it's basically a question of memory and time :) increasing the simulation resolution will make it look more realistic. for the meshes more aggressive smoothing could be used to hide the marching cubes artifacts. the smoothing strength could be made an option...

ZanQdo

Post by ZanQdo »

Thanks for your reply, very good news :D

Edit:
Oh boy, a new fluid job is on the queue, this time I'm afraid :P, they want 30 seconds of fluid simulation, and the problem is the bounding box has to be large (but not deep at all, good news) I plan to bake like 8 times the meshes I need so they can be used as motion blurr passes, I hope that works ok, since simulation time is not afected by the number of frames needed I think it's going to work... Is there a way to have adaptative resolution in the simulation/meshes? I don't think so but I'm not you so I'll better ask :oops:

So any piece of advice on this?
:-) Hosting for your test builds:
GraphicAll.org

Falgor

Post by Falgor »

So when's the windows build coming? :lol:
Oh, it's there. :P

IanCalvert

Post by IanCalvert »

ZanQdo, once you have baked it, use the new vector blur. This should mean you dont have to do so many meshes.

The fluid dynamics system is just incredible, thank you!

Ian

ZanQdo

Post by ZanQdo »

even if blender´s vector blurr worked for the fluid sim, (it doesn´t for allready explained reasons), I will export the meshes to ligthwave, so I don´t see any other solution, but I did some tests and I found out baking time is not that big so I´m ok :)

EDIT: After Nils's HUGE commit I can just shut up and say THANKS :shock:

http://projects.blender.org/pipermail/b ... 06115.html
:-) Hosting for your test builds:
GraphicAll.org

Falgor

Post by Falgor »

I got this done with the new features
http://koti.mbnet.fi/falgor/questroom/3 ... uidsim.avi

Default settings with an "obstacle" rotating in the water.
No motion blurs or anything. Just basic blender raytracing.

n_t

Post by n_t »

Hi, I guess you saw there's another thread with an up to date version - please test :) , I'm sure there are still a lot of issues...

ZanQdo: the simulation internally uses an adaptive grid when you have a high resolution, the mesh is always exported for the finest one, though.

Falgor: looks good! btw. is there some trick to get the material editor display the ray-mirror/ray-transparency settings? somehow it only shows up during rendering...?

Falgor

Post by Falgor »

Well, I can see the "reflection" in the material editor if I just press "Ray Mirror" button. And the transparency I can see if I decrease the "A" alpha value in the slider. Those should show up.

If you want to see transparency in the 3d-window you have to enable "transp" setting in F7 buttons, in draw settings panel. You can't get real-time reflections in the 3d-window, at least that I'd know it (except an UV mapped reflection, but that's only an image you've chosen and not the environment).

poutsa

Post by poutsa »

Hallo Nils!

This is my try with this Windows Build ...Fluid Simulation....Animated Obstacle!

All Works ok ...but sometimes when i use Domain Resolution over 200 Blender Crashes!

Download :

http://www.savefile.com/files.php?fid=9903036

THANKS!

seeYa

Vassilios