Page 1 of 2

Orange / Windows Optimized 01/15/06

Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:08 pm
by mchs3d
I made three builds that are now posted on These are Windows optimized Orange builds. Please note that the SSE2 and SSE1 builds will run faster, but require your CPU to support the respective instruction set. Also note that the atioglxx.dll is included for ATI users that have performance issues. If you have an ATI card and the program crashes with the dll included in the Blender directory, delete the dll. Enjoy! :D

New Features:
- Fully Implemented OpenEXR I/O (Gernot Ziegler, Austin Benesh, Kent Mein, Ton Roosendaal)
- Different Display Types for Empties (Matt Ebb)

- Download SSE2 -
- Download SSE1 -
- Download No SSE -

Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:26 pm
by Inktvlek
None of these work for me (AMD Athlon 64 3700+)...

Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:24 pm
by leinad13
Doesnt work for me either.

Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:27 pm
by Caronte
Only works with Pentium :(

Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:46 pm
by mchs3d
did you try removing atioglxx.dll? If you're running an AMD and it works for you, please tell me. :?

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:09 am
by Bellorum
SSE1 optimized build works here, on an Athlon XP 2400+. Had to duplicate some dll-files from another Blender-folder, though. Maybe that'll do the trick for you too. Thanks, mchs3d :)

Edit: tried rendering a simple scene from my archive and got about 15% decrease in rendertime. Good enough for me :)

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:18 am
by yamyam
It requires Microsoft.VC80.CRT.manifest(I got this from zupermonkey's build:Blender, Orange branch / Win32 (2006/01/08). But unfortunately, that binary has been gone...). At least It works fine with this on my XP. :D
Anyway, thank you for the build.

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:52 am
by Inktvlek
mchs3d: Your 14/01 SSE2 build for BF-Blender worked fine for me, so I don't know what's different. I tried replacing the dll's with dll's from other, working builds, but that didn't help either. It just says it's wrongly configured (or something along that line).

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:33 pm
by poutsa
Thanks for this Builds!

If you Maximize Window from View Menue (List Open-Maximize Window) Blender Crashes!
If you use Keyboard Buttons:Ctrl -Up arrow ......Works O.K!

also sometimes in UV Editor during using the new Curve Tool...Changing some Parameters ......Blender Crashes also!!


Vassilios Boucer

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:30 pm
by FastEddy
none of these 3 builds works on my machine.
AMD A64/939 3500+ with 1 GB RAM running WinXP SP1

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:19 pm
by Auteuro
The SSE1 build works out-of-the-box on my Athlon XP 2500+ w/ATI Radeon 8500LE. Didn't try the SSE2 (of course) or Non-SSE builds. I didn't have to delete the atioglxx.dll file for it to work, either. Thanks for the builds, mchs3d!

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:29 pm
by digital_me
SSE2 works on my Athlon 64x2.

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:03 pm
by Zsolt
SSE 2, works on Athlon64, 2800+, 1gig RAM, Windows XP with SP2
Once I copied in the missing .blender directory, that is.

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:31 pm
by mchs3d
These are odd symptoms. I'll see what can be done to make them work for all. 8)

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:45 pm
by cekuhnen
nothing works fro me here on dells xeon windows xp workstations.

i copied the files into the 2.4 folder and windows still told me that the app cannot be launched because it is configured wrongly.