bf-blender / Windows 2.41 RC2 (2006/1/22)

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

aphex

bf-blender / Windows 2.41 RC2 (2006/1/22)

Post by aphex » Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:15 pm

Official Windows 2.41 RC2 is here.

Please report any bugs you find!

aphex
Last edited by aphex on Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

simonharvey

Re: bf-blender / Windows 2.41 RC2

Post by simonharvey » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:35 am

aphex wrote:Official Windows 2.41 RC2 is here.

Please report any bugs you find!

aphex
Could you please put the build date in the subject line of the post?

Thanks
Simon

djfuego

What's new?

Post by djfuego » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:07 pm

Whats' in this release?

aphex

Re: What's new?

Post by aphex » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:56 pm

djfuego wrote:Whats' in this release?
This is a last minute RC with bugfixes.

The main purpose is to test the game engine - there are some GLSL shader fixes since RC1.

Darkelfv

More stability in GE , couple of suggestions

Post by Darkelfv » Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:06 am

I have been researching the possiblity of some features in the game engine. I tested out differnt methods and experimented with work arounds. The physics is much more stable then 2.40. Bullet size is still odd compared to sumo.

I do have some suggestions, I don't know if this is the correct place to post so someone direct me if im wrong here.

Mirror / portal / monitor effects
- Since the new python demo for split screen is out, this could be done if you could render the camera view to a plane instead of the screen(rasterizer)

Animated Textures
- im sure this is being worked on, I think using the avi would not be practical for gameblender, Alowing to load fileXXX.jpg or file.XXX as XXX were the numbers would be a better ideal. However playing true avi's would be a good thing too, for tv effects and cutscenes ect... Also having python control over which frame is being displayed would be wonderful

Python Features
- Parenting and changing parents in python would be of great help. (weapons, picking up object, yes i know about copy location its shoddy at best)
- Being able to create actuators and sensors within python. (python control spread of shotgun and other projectiles)
- ablity to change object from layer to layer. (lighting effects, enter exit scene)

Physics engine
- apply physics to bones (rag doll)
- python parenting control of bones (dislocated arm, broken neck, robot joint dislocation ect..)

Those are just some of the things that I have tried to do but found no real answer on how to do in current python/blender. If there is a way to do so already please forgive me. I do know about some of the work arounds but they are not very effective.

poutsa

Post by poutsa » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:36 pm

thanks for this Build!
.....i dont Know if this are Bugs for this 2.41RC2 Test Build for Windows?
bud you can download to see the Test Blend files with some Exlpanation from here!

http://www.savefile.com/files.php?fid=3236191

SeeYA

Vassilios

adh75

Post by adh75 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:43 pm

I tried to install Blender 2.4.1 on my home computer but it had a major flaw where it completely shut down the computer & restarted it! Then it says "There's been a fatal flaw in Windows...Send a Report..."

My home computer is a Windows XP, which my family bought in 2004, but it still operates off of the FAT 32 system.

I don't know if my home PC doesn't have enough memory to run Blender, or if it would have to have a cable or DSL internet connection, but anyway it doesn't run for some reason.

LetterRip

Post by LetterRip » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:05 am

adh75,

what is your computers specs? Specifically the graphics card? Crappy graphics cards have problems with Blender since Blender makes heavy usage of opengl for drawing the interface.

LetterRip