bf-blender Orange / Win32 (06/01/25)

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Bellorum

bf-blender Orange / Win32 (06/01/25)

Post by Bellorum » Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:05 am

Been awhile since I compiled my own builds. Had problems with the Orange branch, but now everything works beautifully again. :) Of course, (almost) all that signifies a Bellorum-build is there - meaning fullscreen and tweakmode is enabled. I'll make a new one, as soon as Ton has merged Orange branch with head.

Have fun!

Disclaimer from Ton:
I like to make a note that the removed "Fullscreen" windows option will cause OpenGL in Blender to not work properly. It was removed because the code was just too bad and quick hack.
I know the functionality is great and appreciated, but we have to wait for someone presenting us a more solid solition for it.
http://www.graphicall.org/builds/builds ... show&id=80

Edit: Hrms. Was a little fast posting. Fullscreen it seems does not work. Maybe it's something Ton did to the code :( Or maybe I didn't do the procedure right. Well, at least tweakmode works like it should.
Last edited by Bellorum on Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There's no such thing as democracy. There's only the tyranny of one, and the tyranny of many.

ebrain

Post by ebrain » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:47 am

Hello !

Thanks for this build, it's a truely interesting one that doesn't crash when you hit some buttons... :D

Thx a lot
ebrain
www.blenderclan.org [French Blender Community]

poutsa

Post by poutsa » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:59 pm

Hallo many thanks also for this Build! :D

The new Compositor Nodes and Material Editor and Preview Render in 3D View( if you Press P Button) and Openn EXR support and Open a series of Images and Edit in Compositor (UV Editor) is Amazing Development again for Blender!
I must say again WHAT A DEVELOPMENT SPEED!! :shock:

Render the 3D View is also needed like in some older Test Builds!
(You Press the Render Open GL Button in header and you render your Scene (3D View)!
Will this also Added in some way in Upcoming 2.42 new Blender Vesion or later!
I hope so...!!

seeYA

Vassilios Boucer

lguillaume

Post by lguillaume » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:01 pm

poutsa wrote:Hallo many thanks also for this Build! :D

The new Compositor Nodes and Material Editor and Preview Render in 3D View( if you Press P Button) and Openn EXR support and Open a series of Images and Edit in Compositor (UV Editor) is Amazing Development again for Blender!
I must say again WHAT A DEVELOPMENT SPEED!! :shock:

Render the 3D View is also needed like in some older Test Builds!
(You Press the Render Open GL Button in header and you render your Scene (3D View)!
Will this also Added in some way in Upcoming 2.42 new Blender Vesion or later!
I hope so...!!

seeYA

Vassilios Boucer
For render the 3D view just push PKey in the view3d, a floating window appears and enable a rendering where you want.

poutsa

Post by poutsa » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:21 pm

Yes i know about Preview Render if you Press P!
THATS AMAZING New Feature!!!!
see also this here WORLEYS "FPrime" .....the Videos!
http://www.worley.com/fprime.html

seeYA

Vassilios Boucer

cessen

Post by cessen » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:28 pm

So... uh... anyone care to make a Linux build? :-P

enzoblue

Post by enzoblue » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:06 am

Use Background Image seems not to work.

Preview render window is amazing. Never thought of having that, but man it's handy.

kidb

Post by kidb » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:34 am

cessen wrote:So... uh... anyone care to make a Linux build? :-P
Try this:
http://blendertestbuilds.de/index.php?d ... /20060127/

cessen

Post by cessen » Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:05 am

Thanks kidb. Unluckily, it won't run and complains that I don't have libHalf.so.2. But I checked my /usr/lib and I do have it. I even tried re-installing the OpenEXR libs, and it still gives me the same error. Very confusing...

I'm using Gentoo 64-bit. Would that be the cause of the problem, perhaps?

kidb

Post by kidb » Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:36 am

cessen wrote:Thanks kidb. Unluckily, it won't run and complains that I don't have libHalf.so.2. But I checked my /usr/lib and I do have it. I even tried re-installing the OpenEXR libs, and it still gives me the same error. Very confusing...

I'm using Gentoo 64-bit. Would that be the cause of the problem, perhaps?
I will do some 64bit builds. Maybe you look unregularly under the first posted link.

cessen

Post by cessen » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:40 pm

Yup! It works now. I did have to install an older version of libpng, but that wasn't much of a hassle.

Thanks a bunch kidb! :D

kidb

Post by kidb » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:50 pm

cessen wrote:Yup! It works now. I did have to install an older version of libpng
libpng12 versions available.

sparkus

Post by sparkus » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:47 pm

The render preview function is really great! Also the support for OpenEXR files!

Buuuuuut:

For some reason world material textures do not work. I have a scene that uses an HDR lightprobe as texture for the world to get some nice reflections. In Blender 2.41 they are shown correctly, but here the texture does not appear. Tried to load the texture as EXR as well, same effect =(

I was so glad that I found a version that saves rendered images as EXR =( And now I can't use it because the texture isn't shown. Today is not my day XD

blazer003

Post by blazer003 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:36 am

I may not know what I'm talking about sparkus, but I think this might have branched off before some of that hdr support was implemented. It seems to me this is a lot more of a testing features build, kind of like Tuhopuu is/was, and doesn't neccessarily have all the official features. But not to worry. Soon the powers will re-unite to form

SUPER DUPER POWERFUL BLENDER!

bleen

Post by bleen » Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:35 am

some crashes while i´m playing in the nodeeditor, but so far, nice!
the material preview in material-buttons-menu is very very slow, remembers me on older versions. is planned to enable more than 2 threads for rendering, my dual ht is hungry...oh man?!! :wink: