bf-blender / Win32 (06/01/30)

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Bellorum

bf-blender / Win32 (06/01/30)

Post by Bellorum » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:17 pm

Had some problems compiling Bf-Blender after the merge, so the first build is just a quick testcompile, before I make any major customizations. I have had some fun changing the 3d-manipulator icons, though :) I think mine are a little more descriptive. As shown here (cut'n'paste job for proposal):

Now there's also a tweak/fullscreen build, for those of you who prefer that.

Disclaimer from Ton:
I like to make a note that the removed "Fullscreen" windows option will cause OpenGL in Blender to not work properly. It was removed because the code was just too bad and quick hack.
I know the functionality is great and appreciated, but we have to wait for someone presenting us a more solid solition for it.
"Clean" build:
http://www.graphicall.org/builds/builds ... show&id=84

Tweak/fullscreen build:
http://www.graphicall.org/builds/builds ... show&id=85

Have fun!
Last edited by Bellorum on Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
There's no such thing as democracy. There's only the tyranny of one, and the tyranny of many.

Caronte

Post by Caronte » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:37 pm

Thank you very much, Bellorum :D that tweak mode is very apreciate.
I don't know why not in every release like an option :roll:
Caronte.
"Some Day, All Will Be Digital"
http://www.nicodigital.com

elGordo

Post by elGordo » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:20 am

Agreeing with Caronte, I also find Tweakmode very usefull when modelling. Thank you very much for this build!!!
Everybody loves Ned Flanders

Burre

Post by Burre » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:24 am

What does the tweakmode patch add?

Caronte

Post by Caronte » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:56 am

Burre wrote:What does the tweakmode patch add?
You can edit (move) with RMB very fast, because don't need the LMB confirmation.
Caronte.
"Some Day, All Will Be Digital"
http://www.nicodigital.com

elGordo

Post by elGordo » Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:08 pm

With this build, I found sometimes difficult to select vetexes. In former compilatios it was a matter of switching on and off depth buffer clipping (with it on, I couldn't select some vertexes), but now I can't do it in many cases, no matter if it is on or off. Maybe a matter of tweak mode?
Everybody loves Ned Flanders

malCanDo

Post by malCanDo » Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:44 pm

Bellorum,

The icons are definitely improved!

Could you also try creating a new Hand icon?

I think a competition to design new icons for Blender ( and for Blender to allow for custom icons as a theme ) would be a great idea!

Mal

kitsu

Post by kitsu » Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:39 pm

Yeah, the new widget icons look very good! BTW objects in a 3d view set to 'shaded' look like fruit salad in this build. Does this happen for anyone else, or is it my fruity ati video card?

Bellorum

Post by Bellorum » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:47 pm

malCanDo wrote:The icons are definitely improved!

Could you also try creating a new Hand icon?
Thanks! Believe me, I've been working on a replacement for the hand icon. Never understood the logic for it being a hand, anyways :? I would like for it to better convey it's function. Ideas are welcomed. :)
Yeah, the new widget icons look very good! BTW objects in a 3d view set to 'shaded' look like fruit salad in this build. Does this happen for anyone else, or is it my fruity ati video card?
Might be your ATI card. One of the biggest reasons for removing the fullscreen option was that ATI cards had major problems with it.
There's no such thing as democracy. There's only the tyranny of one, and the tyranny of many.

aligorith

Post by aligorith » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:16 am

BTW objects in a 3d view set to 'shaded' look like fruit salad in this build
My graphics card also does this (since Orange CVS of 23Jan2006). However, it also draws meshes in 'solid draw mode' as dark-ish objects divided into four patches of colour when set smooth is on.

Aligorith

solmax

Post by solmax » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:24 am

Bellorum wrote: Thanks! Believe me, I've been working on a replacement for the hand icon. Never understood the logic for it being a hand, anyways :? I would like for it to better convey it's function. Ideas are welcomed. :)
hand >> handle or hand >> manipulator. basically its derived from the fact that you use yor hand to manipulate things (and manipulate itself comes from ancient latin "manus"). of course this can be applied to sooo many functions and buttons inside blender, we should have this icon everywhere! :) but in the end it makes sense for some ppl., and for others not - like always

it's hard to find the right approach. it would also sound logiacl if you say:" handles are invisible by default, so the button enabling them and thus making them visible should be based on an eye". or, to make it even more "logical", take an eye AND a hand.. or get rid of both :)