BF windows 2006/02/07

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

lguillaume

BF windows 2006/02/07

Post by lguillaume » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:48 am

Hello, I make a new compilation with the vector motion blur.
To using this option, don't miss the vec button in render layer, like in the image.
http://blendertestbuilds.de/index.php?d ... orblur.JPG

Download:
7zip (2MB)
zip(2.6MB)
Last edited by lguillaume on Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Koba

Post by Koba » Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:45 pm

It is looking for libpng and zlib.dll - I downloaded these dlls off the net and I get that "The ordinal 280 could not be located in the dynamic link library libpng.dll".

I suppose I should find the correct dll - though I have had no luck so far. Could you include it in the zip files? I'm really looking forward to this build.

Koba

onip

Post by onip » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:05 pm

The same here,same problem,same error

pino

lguillaume

Post by lguillaume » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:22 pm

You can find the 2 DLL you want at : http://blendertestbuilds.de/index.php?d ... le=dll.zip
But you have this dll in your 2.41 installation directory, it is the same.

onip

Post by onip » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:29 pm

Thank you lguillaume,now it's works.
Bye
pino

Koba

Post by Koba » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:09 pm

Wonderful build...

The vec blur now works real nice - and I love the new time node. That will allow people to vary the depth of field over time and such like. My only comment about it - and the other curve nodes is that firstly the nodes are too small to work with well, secondly there are no labeled axes and thirdly you cannot pan within them. Perhaps there should be a way of linking to an IPO instead - how about having "node" IPOs?

Koba

EDIT: I notice that the fluid sim doesn't have motion blur applied. Morphing (ie shape keys) however do blur correctly. I suppose it is to do with the continuity of the data.

lucky3

Post by lucky3 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:03 pm

great feature! not only amazing but fast to render!

Fluids seem to be broken... baking the simulation doesn't even start.

Kai Kostack

Post by Kai Kostack » Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:49 pm

hi, that's my first post here. i just want to show you, that the vector motion blur is not optically correct. please notice the sharp edges in my comparison to MAX's vector motion blur aka image motion blur, which gives a better result:

i hope you can make it more realistic. ;)

nikko

???

Post by nikko » Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:11 pm

dont work with Softbody??????

Koba

Post by Koba » Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:23 pm

Oh yeah...I forgot to say...

Fluids is broken in this build...I had to use the official build to bake the fluids. Then I brought them into this build to find that vec blur doesn't work with them either.

Same for softbodies I reckon.

As for the Blender vs Max comparison - yes Max's blur is better and I hope Blender's blur improves to the same quality. On the other hand motion blur is more of an important subliminal effect (in animation anyway) so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. I suppose the discrepency is much more of an issue for stills.

Koba

LetterRip

Post by LetterRip » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:03 pm

I would think that softbodies should work fine, since they use the orignal vertexes. Fluid has new verts for each frame and hence it can't be blurred.

LetterRip

afecelis

Post by afecelis » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:06 pm

The way it renders resembles Yafray's bucket rendering (or other raytracers' way of rendering); but, yafray is no longer working?
I tried rendering a scene and got no difference with the internal render (neither did I get any viewport samples).

Will blender's native renderer turn into a raytracer-GI solution on its own?
Irrlicht 3d Engine Forum Admin.
http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net

matt_e

Post by matt_e » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:14 pm

LetterRip wrote:I would think that softbodies should work fine, since they use the orignal vertexes. Fluid has new verts for each frame and hence it can't be blurred.
The problem with softbodies is that the renderer needs to sample forward and back in time for the speed vectors. You can't do this with the softbody calculation, so it needs to be baked.

mataii

Post by mataii » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:49 pm

will be a irix version of blender? there are no versions in the official build :(

Koba

Post by Koba » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:18 am

The problem with softbodies is that the renderer needs to sample forward and back in time for the speed vectors. You can't do this with the softbody calculation, so it needs to be baked.
Yup. Baking softbodies work with motion blur.

I'm wondering if it will ever be possible with fluids - couldn't the fluid system bake the meshes in the same way as softbodies do? Perhaps the fluid meshes could be subdivided to all have the same vertex count after the fluid baking stage and then assigned to the same object.

I dunno, I'm just hoping that vector blur will work with everything.

Koba