BF Windows / 2006-04-29 FFMPEG

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

gabio

BF Windows / 2006-04-29 FFMPEG

Post by gabio » Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:50 pm

Hi all, long time no see.
This is, to my knowledge the first public testing build with FFMPEG support for windows. FFMPEG is a i/o library for multimedia content. It let you open a various range of file in sequencer for example and give you the chance to output to various know format such as mpeg,DV,AVI,quicktime and let you multiplex audio and video at render time.

Needless to say for sequencer work this build kick ass.

Warning: I've been forced to use this build in production env. You should not consider tring it unless you are about to commit suicide. The sequencer is very unstable. Although it is feasible. I save after every move. I noticed: It seam to crash on end of audio strip at playback, Shift-D a stip with effect applied can be dangerous, applying meta on DV strip can give black render, meta on meta can give segfault...
Now you know ^_^
Go give this build a good test drive.
And please report repeatable Crash in the bug tracker! this thing must be stable for release ;).

For curious this build is a mingw one. GCC for windows. It is supposed to be much faster than cygwin but a bit slower than msvc.

http://www.graphicall.org/builds/builds ... how&id=132
Last edited by gabio on Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BArrYZ

Post by BArrYZ » Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:41 pm

Great! :D

I'll test it ASAP, thanks for sharing.

We need a lot more of these exploit in the compositing/NLE editing video side! :wink:

poutsa

Post by poutsa » Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:40 pm

Thanks for this Build Gabio! :D
I Test it! I also use the one from Lox with FFMPEG for testing ofcourse!

mstram

Re: BF Windows / 2006-04-29 FFMPEG

Post by mstram » Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:58 pm

gabio wrote:Hi all, long time no see.
This is, to my knowledge the first public testing build with FFMPEG support for windows. FFMPEG is a i/o library for multimedia content. It let you open a various range of file in sequencer for example and give you the chance to output to various know format such as mpeg,DV,AVI,quicktime and let you multiplex audio and video at render time.

Needless to say for sequencer work this build kick ass.

Warning: I've been forced to use this build in production env. You should not consider tring it unless you are about to commit suicide. The sequencer is very unstable. Although it is feasible. I save after every move. I noticed: It seam to crash on end of audio strip at playback, Shift-D a stip with effect applied can be dangerous, applying meta on DV strip can give black render, meta on meta can give segfault...
Now you know ^_^
Go give this build a good test drive.
And please report repeatable Crash in the bug tracker! this thing must be stable for release ;).

For curious this build is a mingw one. GCC for windows. It is supposed to be much faster than cygwin but a bit slower than msvc.

http://www.graphicall.org/builds/builds ... how&id=132
Does this need a mingw runtime/environment?

Can you use mp3?

So why is it "unstable" ? (I guess if you knew, you'd fix it ? :) )

Have you written any of the code ? ... or just linked in a "ffmpeg library" ?
(Just trying to understand the build process).

Mike

aligorith

Post by aligorith » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:39 am

It's great to see one of your builds again...

Aligorith

teachtech

Post by teachtech » Mon May 01, 2006 3:54 am

I have been hoping for sequencer work for a long time! Thank you! I plan to download and test tomorrow. Are there some audio controls in it like controlling volume and fade? Guess I'll find out tomorrow :wink: Thanks!